Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services gotcatchup gotcatchup gotcatchup  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 208 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 244 reviews
on January 26, 2016
My daughter received a different version of the M&D 27 piece doll for Christmas and cannot stop playing with her. When I procrastinated in purchasing a birthday gift for my friend's daughter, I turned to my trusty Amazon Prime to give me a good selection of product to arrive on my door step within 2 days. I am a huge fan of M&D products and this did not disappoint. My friend's daughter is completely obsessed with all things Ballerina so this doll was a huge hit. The case it comes in is perfect for organization purposes and I actually have my daughter's inside of a wide plastic container to prevent any of the pieces from being lost. The colors are very bright and the product is of excellent quality. This was a major hit at the birthday party! I highly recommend!
on November 7, 2016
I have previously purchased another one of these types of sets from Melissa & Doug. My 3 year old daughter loves these. The sets are really cute and keep my daughter occupied for a little while.

They do have pieces that ,depending on the age of the child, you might want to put away in a ziplock bag. My 8 year old seems to like these as well. I often see her playing with it when her sister is not.

Overall, I really recommend this. It's one of the few things my toddler will sit down and play quietly with.
on December 28, 2014
First, I wish this product came with a carrying case. Once the top plastic is ripped, you are left with the magnets in a tray so its best you have an idea of how you will store the set before you make your purchase. Also, its disappointing that NINA appears to be only interested in having her outfits changed. Her counterpart, JOEY, gets to changes professions and be a doctor, policeman, firefighter etc. It would have been great to give NINA these options as well outside of being a Ballerina and just changing clothes. To make up for NINA's limitations, I purchased NINA and JOEY for my 18 year old niece. She along with her 4 year old brother enjoyed playing with the magnets but both found JOEY to be more entertaining ----much to my sanctification.
on August 8, 2011
My girls have loved these. I originally bought them for my oldest when she was 5 and her sister was 3, now they are 6 and 9 and these are still being played with! They have worn some on the edges but still look good and work well. Now my youngest girl is almost 2 and is starting to play with them as well when they have them out.

I agree with the comments here, on the container that these come in - it should have had a lid. It's a lovely, well constructed wood tray and I have kept them all to set out items for crafts on table. I own several of these sets and I find it works just fine to keep them in a cheap, plastic shoebox container that I got for a dollar and holds more than one set of dolls and magnets.

If having trouble getting the clothes to attach, check to see if you need to clean the back of the magnet since anything stuck on will keep it from making contact (being careful not to get the paper front wet).

I would definately purchase again/ purchase for a gift and recommend this if your kids like paper dolls but you don't feel they are old enough to take care of them.
on January 15, 2011
This is a great toy, however, as another reader states, Melissa & Doug failed terribly in the container, and it IS important!!!
There are so many little pieces that, you want to keep them in a container you can close, otherwise it is a real pain, trust me.
I found a much better version of this toy, made by Circo (I believe this is a Target brand), the doll is nicer, there are more pieces of clothing AND the box has a sliding lid, BRILLIANT. I actually bought it too and looove it, as for the Melissa & Doug one, I have to find another box to put all the pieces together... not very smart.
With kids, you want to keep things organized and mess-free as much as posible, so GO with the Target brand, it is just as good quality, better design and cheaper!!!
22 comments| 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 16, 2015
Bought these for my son's friend for Christmas last year. They were in the same preschool class and the teacher used to have a few of these type of magnetic dress up dolls. Anyway, it was always a hit for the girls AND boys to play with the magnets. It turned out to be a great present for the little girl. However, you probably wouldn't want to give this to a kid who likes to throw toys because the pieces of clothes can be thrown like ninja stars FYI.
on January 29, 2013
My daughter LOVES ballerinas right now, and dressing/undressing her dolls and animals and herself, so I thought this would be perfect for her, and it is. She plays with it almost daily, and all the pieces are sturdy. Plus, as with most Melissa & Doug products, you get a cute wooden box/tray to store it all in, which minimizes mess, especially since my daughter enjoys sorting the clothes in their various little areas in the tray. Just don't get the clothes wet, as the surface -- whatever it's made of -- will absorb it and will have that water-stained look. So maybe keep it away from faulty sippy cups and slobbery youngsters who still put everything in their mouths.
on December 30, 2011
We purchased this set as well as two other Melissa and Doug dress up doll set for our daughter for Christmas. They are all absolutely wonderful. Very well made. The type of toy that you can pass from child to child. My daughter loves to dress up all the dolls and then stand them up and play pretend (like they are all going to a ball). These dolls keep her occupied for at least an hour, absolutely amazing!

Note about the company Melissa and Doug:
We had an issue with one of the other dress up dolls and contacted the company about our concern. They were extremely prompt in a response and were eager to rectify my issue. I have not experienced such GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE in a very long time! Our family will now be life long consumers of Melissa and Doug products as they had already won me over with the quality of their products and now we have the absolute cherry on top of fantastic, friendly and quick customer service!

GREAT company and GREAT products!

Also, out of all the items my daughter received for Christmas these are what she has been playing with for the past week.

I also love that the box has suggestions for EDUCATIONAL uses for these dolls!

I wanted to make note that I've read some of the other reviews about wishing there was a lid to this product. Yes, that would be nice but it really hasn't been a problem for us as our daughter has been told that after you are done playing with the dolls all items must be picked up and put neatly back in the container. But a lid would be nice for transportation purposes. Especially since the container that it comes in is so nice.
on November 30, 2015
We bought this for our daughter's best friend for Christmas and I can't be happier. She is 4, takes dance, and will be in love with this. Melissa & Doug are a great brand and we have a lot of their products in our home. This is one more that we are thrilled with purchasing!
on October 9, 2014
I do not love it my 4 year old grand daughter does. She had two other sets but was not yet ready or mature enough to play. Now she has three sets and will play with them for hours by herself. Far cry from the paper dolls my two children and I tried to use back in the day. You cannot go wrong with Melissa Doug toys. Well organized, well thought out.. Great toy!