Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,464 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,662 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 29, 2015
I bought this for a Christmas present for one of my grandchildren, and I learned long ago to open all boxes and inspect all games before Christmas so there is no disappointed little ones.

I opened this up and pulled out the pieces..then sorted them according to size and color...everything was intact..so i set the game up and gave it a whirl, the basic object of the game is to try to continue balancing and hanging metal hangers onto the pole without everything dropping back off...you could play this game with multiple people or just by yourself or your own entertainment.

First thing, right off the bat that I noticed was that you have to 'think' and logic out your moves, and calculate out what will balance and what won't.... its harder than it sounds.. but yet easy as long as you think about each piece you hang and visualize what is going to happen as you add it onto the growing structure.

I found the game overall to be good quality, challenging, educational, frustrating and fun. But I think they could have made a better base for the set up, the little piece of lightweight wood with three holes drilled into where the supports go.. seems a bit chintzy for the overall quality of the game.

Its a good game.. that will entertain a child or an adult, or both at the same time. I have no complaints other than I thought the structures base was not made as well as it could have been.

I hope you found this review to be informative to you.. I did include some photos of the parts and pieces...
review image review image review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2017
WHY I BOUGHT IT:
I was looking for a game that I can play with both adults and children and doesn't require too much thinking.

WHAT YOU GET:
You will receive a plastic tube containing 24 rods, 4 frame rods, a die, a wooden base, a wooden connector.

HOW TO SET IT UP:
Setting up the game is very easy: you just need to stick 3 frame rods into the wooden base and then add a fourth one using the wooden connector.
Then you can distribute the metal rods, depending on how many people (up to 4) are going to play.

HOW TO PLAY:
The rules are simple (there are variants if you want to make the game more challenging): you first roll the die and take a rod of the corresponding color; you will then have to add the rod to the structure with caution, so that it doesn't collapse. If any rods fall, they become yours.
The first player that remains without rods wins.

THOUGHTS:
This game is very fun to play and it can entertain both adults and children.
I like that it doesn't take much space and is easy to carry around.
Moreover, the rods are very light, so you don't risk damaging your table.
The only, very minor thing, that could be improved is the fact that the black and blue colors on the die look very similar if you don't have a bright light source; after some time, you get used to it though.
review image
on September 13, 2016
I have had a lot of people recommend this game to me so I was excited for this purchase. It is a great concept and I LOVE all things Melissa & Doug so I had high expectations. We have only played this game a couple times but we all ended up more frustrated than having fun. It was more difficult than I thought it would be and took a while to play. There seems to be a need of different shapes. Some of them are very difficult to use. I think after more play and getting comfortable with the design of each piece, the game will be more fun however if we are looking for just a fun, quick, stress-free game, we will probably choose something else.
on January 31, 2017
I like this game more than our daughter does. Maybe at 3.5 she's a little too young but I always suggest we play it on game night and she always rejects me. We've only played it a couple of times but she did get frustrated when she couldn't quickly see where she should balance her piece. I encouraged her to keep with it knowing the value of improving her problem solving skills but I guess it was too much like work.

Overall really well designed game by a company we really love in Melissa and Doug but determine if its age appropriate for your kids to actually want to play before purchasing.
on January 3, 2016
Santa brought this game for my almost-five-year-old, and he and my seven-year-old really enjoy it. It is nice to see them choose something that isn't technology-oriented to play with for a change, and it is even nicer to see them playing TOGETHER! (I know some of you get where I'm coming from.) I know that the game is recommended for age 8 and up, but my guys have spent quite a bit of time playing it, and it is so nice to hear them enjoy this game together. We did play this game once as a family of eight, and while it was fun, I can't say it would be our first game of choice, at least not time and time again. Overall, it's a decent game, a nice alternative to those blasted video games that seemed to have taken over my household.
on August 19, 2016
I first played this game at a party with friends and based on how much fun it was I decided to get my own! Its great for groups of people of mixed ages and doesn't require a lot of mental investment to play for the fun you get out of it. Since it's so small, it's easy to bring to parties and find a surface to play it on. Anytime I start playing with a couple of people, it's inevitable that other people start gathering around and asking to join the next round. I've played this a ton of times and haven't gotten tired of it. I even got it for my mom as a Christmas present and even though she and I have pretty different tastes in games, she loves it. I would recommend this game to almost anybody since it appeals to such a wide audience. The price to fun ratio is great!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 24, 2015
Seriously a fun game! Jenga on Steroids!
Amazing party game!!
Challenging and hilarious!
So happy to have got this for my daughter's boyfriend and going to get one of my own!
review image review image review image review image
on December 20, 2016
We LOVE this game!

We bought this for my 6 year old son for Christmas and even though it took him a little while to get it, he is now able to play it without any problems! My husband is an engineer and he thinks this is the coolest game. We played for about an hour the first day we got it and after the first few games, practice definitely makes perfect.

I would say that if you are frustrated when you first open it, be patient! You will get the hang of it and will be having fun in no time.
on December 27, 2015
Purchased for a young teenager for Christmas to play with peers, as well as his younger siblings, and parents. Was looking for something that would be fair for any age group. Browsed through Amazon's games and this came up as a recommended item. I gave the gift on Christmas Eve when I had a house full of people. Suggesting he wait till he got home to play since you do need a solid/non wobbly surface to play on, I found him and his dad on the floor in the hallway playing. Later, after dinner was cleared off, the kitchen counter/peninsula became the hot spot where this game was continually being played by all....ages ranging from 7 to 51. Everyone having fun and even the youngest players feeling just as capable as the adults.

I have no idea what the rules are, since I was hosting and never got to sit and play, but they all seemed to have fun. I don't know if the included rules were actually being followed, but the house rules seemed to be accepted by all. The young players didn't seem to care about winning or losing either, and the adults didn't feel like they had to let the youngsters win.

It is similar to Jenga or Bandu, but way less noisy, messy when the tower falls. The pieces did not bounce all over the place and land on the floor as I thought they would. Very easy to clean up.
on January 7, 2017
Purchased it 2 times. Bought it for Christmas vacation to play with adult kids aged 54 - 25. We had a great time. We can turn anything into a competitive free-for-all and this game was especially cutthroat! I guess it can be played politely but I do not see how. When the "children" departed I had to send one ahead as a birthday gift. In this age it is hard to compete with digital games and on-line play but this game paid for itself in reduce data usage over the course of 5 days.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.