Industrial Deals HPC Amazon First Reads Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18SW_gno

Melissa & Doug Suspend Family Game (31 pcs)
Item Package Quantity: 1|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 29, 2015
I bought this for a Christmas present for one of my grandchildren, and I learned long ago to open all boxes and inspect all games before Christmas so there is no disappointed little ones.

I opened this up and pulled out the pieces..then sorted them according to size and color...everything was i set the game up and gave it a whirl, the basic object of the game is to try to continue balancing and hanging metal hangers onto the pole without everything dropping back could play this game with multiple people or just by yourself or your own entertainment.

First thing, right off the bat that I noticed was that you have to 'think' and logic out your moves, and calculate out what will balance and what won't.... its harder than it sounds.. but yet easy as long as you think about each piece you hang and visualize what is going to happen as you add it onto the growing structure.

I found the game overall to be good quality, challenging, educational, frustrating and fun. But I think they could have made a better base for the set up, the little piece of lightweight wood with three holes drilled into where the supports go.. seems a bit chintzy for the overall quality of the game.

Its a good game.. that will entertain a child or an adult, or both at the same time. I have no complaints other than I thought the structures base was not made as well as it could have been.

I hope you found this review to be informative to you.. I did include some photos of the parts and pieces...
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 261 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 12, 2016
Friends introduced us to this game. It is hours of fun and is different each time.

Bought this as a gift for my grandparents and they love it! They've introduced it to their friends and their friends have bought it as gifts for their grandkids and others.

Definitely a fun game and I love how different ages can play the game together! We played as a family with players ages 8 to 76!
on January 27, 2017
We are a family that loves board games. We were given the kids' version of Suspend earlier this year as a birthday present for our 6 year old. We loved it. As a birthday present for our 8 year old, we purchased this version. Our sons, my husband and I, and three 7 year old friends all played this version this evening. The game as just as exciting to them; however, I think the "kids" version is just a tad more fun due to the "add 2" and "take 1 away" aspects to the game that the spinner adds. This version comes with a dice instead and seems simpler to play since you always always add a piece or possibly pass your turn. We didn't find this version with the metal pieces any more difficult than the kids version. They're both great, but if I was deciding between the two, I'd choose to purchase the kids version whether for a child or a group of adults.
on May 26, 2016
Playing the game is FUN!! And a challenge!! But it's also fun to arrange yourself like making a mobile. Very artsy. Love it and I'm the Auntie
review image
on January 31, 2017
I like this game more than our daughter does. Maybe at 3.5 she's a little too young but I always suggest we play it on game night and she always rejects me. We've only played it a couple of times but she did get frustrated when she couldn't quickly see where she should balance her piece. I encouraged her to keep with it knowing the value of improving her problem solving skills but I guess it was too much like work.

Overall really well designed game by a company we really love in Melissa and Doug but determine if its age appropriate for your kids to actually want to play before purchasing.
on September 23, 2015
I played this with my 7 year old daughter. It was pretty easy to use up all the pieces without anything falling over. Basically whoever started first was the winner. We didn't really enjoy the game after playing it a few times.
on June 17, 2016
I bought this game for my 9-year-old son. While it was fun to play, we seemed to be able to hang all the pieces. One day I happened to be at a thrift store and there was a set for sale - so I bought it. I am so glad I did - this game is way more fun with more pieces. While we did discover that you could make the base twice as high with the second set - the weight caused it to topple over. So if you do buy two sets, just use the regular sized base and all of the squiggly pieces. My 5-year old likes playing it by himself and getting all the pieces to balance symmetrically (I should have taken a picture, as it was pretty cool).
VINE VOICEon November 27, 2017
This is a fun, though frustrating, game for the entire family. The equipment itself is heavy gage wire with covered tips so there's no danger of pokes or scratches to the younger ones. It's well designed that way. I think that kids should have sufficient hand/eye coordination in order to play - otherwise it will be overly stressing to them. And adults? Well, they should be sober. This game is lots of fun.
on September 13, 2016
I have had a lot of people recommend this game to me so I was excited for this purchase. It is a great concept and I LOVE all things Melissa & Doug so I had high expectations. We have only played this game a couple times but we all ended up more frustrated than having fun. It was more difficult than I thought it would be and took a while to play. There seems to be a need of different shapes. Some of them are very difficult to use. I think after more play and getting comfortable with the design of each piece, the game will be more fun however if we are looking for just a fun, quick, stress-free game, we will probably choose something else.
on March 17, 2015
Our family enjoys board games and other tabletop, non-electronic games -- and we have a soft spot for the quirky. Sure, a good game of Sorry or Monopoly is always fun, but we've gotten a lot of enjoyment out of non-traditional games like Apples to Apples, Cranium, Would You Rather, and Upwords. Games give the family an opportunity to bond, laugh, and pit our wits against each other in a competitive but friendly way.

Suspend is just such a quirky but fun game, and we've gotten hours of enjoyment out of it. And it's good for all ages.

Suspend is a game of balance and building, where you have to hang shaped metal bars from a central pole, adding more and keeping the whole mess from touching the table or even crashing down entirely. It takes a steady hand and a careful eye for balance, and can be a lot of noisy fun, especially when pieces start falling! There are three different levels of the game, making it easy to customize depending on the skill level and ages of the players, and the package even suggests tricky moves for hanging pieces... if you dare.

A fun game, with the added benefit of having sturdy pieces that will ensure this game lasts for years. If you like Jenga or Kerplunk, give this game a try.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.