Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 29, 2015
I bought this for a Christmas present for one of my grandchildren, and I learned long ago to open all boxes and inspect all games before Christmas so there is no disappointed little ones.

I opened this up and pulled out the pieces..then sorted them according to size and color...everything was intact..so i set the game up and gave it a whirl, the basic object of the game is to try to continue balancing and hanging metal hangers onto the pole without everything dropping back off...you could play this game with multiple people or just by yourself or your own entertainment.

First thing, right off the bat that I noticed was that you have to 'think' and logic out your moves, and calculate out what will balance and what won't.... its harder than it sounds.. but yet easy as long as you think about each piece you hang and visualize what is going to happen as you add it onto the growing structure.

I found the game overall to be good quality, challenging, educational, frustrating and fun. But I think they could have made a better base for the set up, the little piece of lightweight wood with three holes drilled into where the supports go.. seems a bit chintzy for the overall quality of the game.

Its a good game.. that will entertain a child or an adult, or both at the same time. I have no complaints other than I thought the structures base was not made as well as it could have been.

I hope you found this review to be informative to you.. I did include some photos of the parts and pieces...
review image review image review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 153 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon August 30, 2017
This is one of those "add-on" games that we like to play at the end of a night of board games. It is relatively fast and quite challenging, but the trickiness of balancing the various rods gives even younger kids (5 or 6 and up probably) a chance to do just as well as the adults.

While the sets of rods are designed for playing with only four people, we have also found that just taking turns rolling the dice and playing whatever color comes up makes for a nice group activity for 5, 6, or even 7 players. This makes the game a little more like team rather than competitive play, as we work to see if we can build a structure using every single piece.

Quick change of pace activity for a game night, easy to learn, even if a little difficult to master. Recommended.
on January 31, 2017
I like this game more than our daughter does. Maybe at 3.5 she's a little too young but I always suggest we play it on game night and she always rejects me. We've only played it a couple of times but she did get frustrated when she couldn't quickly see where she should balance her piece. I encouraged her to keep with it knowing the value of improving her problem solving skills but I guess it was too much like work.

Overall really well designed game by a company we really love in Melissa and Doug but determine if its age appropriate for your kids to actually want to play before purchasing.
on January 3, 2016
Santa brought this game for my almost-five-year-old, and he and my seven-year-old really enjoy it. It is nice to see them choose something that isn't technology-oriented to play with for a change, and it is even nicer to see them playing TOGETHER! (I know some of you get where I'm coming from.) I know that the game is recommended for age 8 and up, but my guys have spent quite a bit of time playing it, and it is so nice to hear them enjoy this game together. We did play this game once as a family of eight, and while it was fun, I can't say it would be our first game of choice, at least not time and time again. Overall, it's a decent game, a nice alternative to those blasted video games that seemed to have taken over my household.
on May 29, 2012
A great, engaging game for (most) ages. This can be played cooperatively (let's see whether we can hang all of the pieces working together) or competitively (who will successfully hang all their pieces first?). And after you have all of the pieces hung, it's just as much fun to see if you can remove them one at a time without disrupting the entire sculpture. While it's recommended for 8 and up, a 3-year-old was able to hang pieces with a lot of help. Nevertheless, its challenging - and whimsical enough - to keep teens and adults engaged as well. Patience, concentration, a steady hand, and a little creativity are all key.

One minor critique - the packaging isn't very strong, and this is such a weird shaped bundle of pieces, you definitely need some sort of container to store it in.

Also, a wish - it would be great if they would come out with an extension pack with more odd shapes.
22 comments| 265 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 24, 2015
Seriously a fun game! Jenga on Steroids!
Amazing party game!!
Challenging and hilarious!
So happy to have got this for my daughter's boyfriend and going to get one of my own!
review image review image review image review image
on December 20, 2016
We LOVE this game!

We bought this for my 6 year old son for Christmas and even though it took him a little while to get it, he is now able to play it without any problems! My husband is an engineer and he thinks this is the coolest game. We played for about an hour the first day we got it and after the first few games, practice definitely makes perfect.

I would say that if you are frustrated when you first open it, be patient! You will get the hang of it and will be having fun in no time.
on December 27, 2015
Purchased for a young teenager for Christmas to play with peers, as well as his younger siblings, and parents. Was looking for something that would be fair for any age group. Browsed through Amazon's games and this came up as a recommended item. I gave the gift on Christmas Eve when I had a house full of people. Suggesting he wait till he got home to play since you do need a solid/non wobbly surface to play on, I found him and his dad on the floor in the hallway playing. Later, after dinner was cleared off, the kitchen counter/peninsula became the hot spot where this game was continually being played by all....ages ranging from 7 to 51. Everyone having fun and even the youngest players feeling just as capable as the adults.

I have no idea what the rules are, since I was hosting and never got to sit and play, but they all seemed to have fun. I don't know if the included rules were actually being followed, but the house rules seemed to be accepted by all. The young players didn't seem to care about winning or losing either, and the adults didn't feel like they had to let the youngsters win.

It is similar to Jenga or Bandu, but way less noisy, messy when the tower falls. The pieces did not bounce all over the place and land on the floor as I thought they would. Very easy to clean up.
on July 13, 2016
I ordered this as a dexterity game for my 6-year-old daughter. She has been having fine motor skill problems in school, and I have been looking for fun toys to help counterbalance the boring regular work of handwriting, scissors, pencils, etc. She loved this game immediately, although we don't follow the game rules because it's a little too advanced for her right now. We work together to create structures, allowing each other to hold pieces in place or the placing of two sticks at the same time in order to preserve balance. I like that the added bonus and main purpose of this game has to do with the science of weights and balance. My daughter understood it intuitively. My older daughter, age 9, however, got frustrated pretty early on and wouldn't take the time to experiment with the toy. When the structure falls, it is fairly loud and can be annoying/frustrating to a child who is a perfectionist. For my 6-year-old, it makes her laugh hysterically. So it's a win for the intended child.
This game has been a huge hit with all of us. I purchased these as gifts for 2 different relatives and it was so addicting to play. We were all working together to figure out how to place the rods so that they don't knock down. Comes with durable pieces and the stand is easy to assemble. I do with there were more pieces and that some of the colors were more vibrant because the green and blue look almost identical.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.