Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 STEM Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 2,347 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,536 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 29, 2015
I bought this for a Christmas present for one of my grandchildren, and I learned long ago to open all boxes and inspect all games before Christmas so there is no disappointed little ones.

I opened this up and pulled out the pieces..then sorted them according to size and color...everything was intact..so i set the game up and gave it a whirl, the basic object of the game is to try to continue balancing and hanging metal hangers onto the pole without everything dropping back off...you could play this game with multiple people or just by yourself or your own entertainment.

First thing, right off the bat that I noticed was that you have to 'think' and logic out your moves, and calculate out what will balance and what won't.... its harder than it sounds.. but yet easy as long as you think about each piece you hang and visualize what is going to happen as you add it onto the growing structure.

I found the game overall to be good quality, challenging, educational, frustrating and fun. But I think they could have made a better base for the set up, the little piece of lightweight wood with three holes drilled into where the supports go.. seems a bit chintzy for the overall quality of the game.

Its a good game.. that will entertain a child or an adult, or both at the same time. I have no complaints other than I thought the structures base was not made as well as it could have been.

I hope you found this review to be informative to you.. I did include some photos of the parts and pieces...
review image review image review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 10, 2016
Kids love playing this game together or by themselves. A unique game that differs from a lot of the board games we already own. The best part is that we recently had a cookout and the kids had left their finished suspension on the table. The adults could not stop from making their own creations and playing with it! The end result looks like a cool abstract sculpture. Great buy!
on January 3, 2016
Santa brought this game for my almost-five-year-old, and he and my seven-year-old really enjoy it. It is nice to see them choose something that isn't technology-oriented to play with for a change, and it is even nicer to see them playing TOGETHER! (I know some of you get where I'm coming from.) I know that the game is recommended for age 8 and up, but my guys have spent quite a bit of time playing it, and it is so nice to hear them enjoy this game together. We did play this game once as a family of eight, and while it was fun, I can't say it would be our first game of choice, at least not time and time again. Overall, it's a decent game, a nice alternative to those blasted video games that seemed to have taken over my household.
on May 26, 2016
Playing the game is FUN!! And a challenge!! But it's also fun to arrange yourself like making a mobile. Very artsy. Love it and I'm the Auntie
review image
on February 13, 2016
I don't really understand why this game got so many positive reviews? I find this game really hard for kids! My kids are age 9,7,6 and they were really frustrated they couldn't do it! I will be giving this game away. Sad it didn't work out for us.
on September 23, 2015
I played this with my 7 year old daughter. It was pretty easy to use up all the pieces without anything falling over. Basically whoever started first was the winner. We didn't really enjoy the game after playing it a few times.
on January 31, 2017
I like this game more than our daughter does. Maybe at 3.5 she's a little too young but I always suggest we play it on game night and she always rejects me. We've only played it a couple of times but she did get frustrated when she couldn't quickly see where she should balance her piece. I encouraged her to keep with it knowing the value of improving her problem solving skills but I guess it was too much like work.

Overall really well designed game by a company we really love in Melissa and Doug but determine if its age appropriate for your kids to actually want to play before purchasing.
on March 17, 2017
We gave this game as a gift to friends of ours who have 3 boys ages 6, 10 and 12. The entire time we were over visiting, this game kept them busy. It's a great game for the whole family and is fast moving and easy to set up. I love that it can be enjoyed by kids and adults of all ages and that it is inexpensive and is great for small or large groups of people. I highly recommend this game, in fact we have since purchased one for our family as well.
on April 20, 2017
This a great game! I'm a mother of a 5 year old, and a preschool teacher. My son loves this game. I recently used it in my classroom math center when we were going over weight, and balancing a scale. My preschoolers loved this game as well. I didn't give my students the extender piece or the dice, I just let them use it to play with the balancing aspect of the game. I love that it is simple, and that it has multiple levels of difficulty. The game can be played solo, or with multiple people. IT'S GREAT!!
review image
on April 22, 2017
I'm and adult and I play this with adults. Its a fun 'activity' but the rules are kind of weak. It made the game much more interesting when players are trying to actively make the structure unstable which increases the risk of placing pieces in later turns.

We are experimenting with changing the rules a bit and it seems to be working well. With the new rules, you gain points for adding to the structure (same rules for how many points each piece is worth) and you lose points for everything that falls off. Play until the pieces run out or until someone gets to 15.

Still testing the point goal but it makes it more interesting.