Workplace Solutions Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Stocking Stuffers hgg16 Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  All-New Echo Dot Fire Tablets Kindle Paperwhite Prince Shop Outdoor Deals on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 1,838 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on October 12, 2013
My kids are 2 and 5 years old, and we started family game night at the beginning of the year. After my husband and I were bored to tears with the little kid's games or the kids were frustrated with older games, I went in search of games for everyone. Surely there had to be games outside of hunger hippo! A game for everyone ages 2 to 200. I adore melissa and doug. Everything they make works so well for my family! I saw this and ordered it immediately.

My 2 year is very construction inclined and my 5 year old loves being good at any game or the best. They took to it immediately! Once the 2 year found out it could fall, he spent a couple rounds purposefully knocking it down but aftef that he did so well. The two of them will play it by themselves. They take turns and quietly play until it falls then there's tons of giggling and try agains. It is very easy to adapt the rules to fit your family. We try to make it a cooperative game and man oh man, I just can't get over how amazing this game is.

Its very sturdy and fits into the container well. I see this game helping with hand eye coordination, pincer grip, and being entertaining for years. We also added marbles to the game night. Unrelated but a suggestion.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 29, 2015
I bought this for a Christmas present for one of my grandchildren, and I learned long ago to open all boxes and inspect all games before Christmas so there is no disappointed little ones.

I opened this up and pulled out the pieces..then sorted them according to size and color...everything was intact..so i set the game up and gave it a whirl, the basic object of the game is to try to continue balancing and hanging metal hangers onto the pole without everything dropping back off...you could play this game with multiple people or just by yourself or your own entertainment.

First thing, right off the bat that I noticed was that you have to 'think' and logic out your moves, and calculate out what will balance and what won't.... its harder than it sounds.. but yet easy as long as you think about each piece you hang and visualize what is going to happen as you add it onto the growing structure.

I found the game overall to be good quality, challenging, educational, frustrating and fun. But I think they could have made a better base for the set up, the little piece of lightweight wood with three holes drilled into where the supports go.. seems a bit chintzy for the overall quality of the game.

Its a good game.. that will entertain a child or an adult, or both at the same time. I have no complaints other than I thought the structures base was not made as well as it could have been.

I hope you found this review to be informative to you.. I did include some photos of the parts and pieces...
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on July 22, 2015
Such a fun and challenging game!! My 4 year old loves it!
review image
on November 11, 2014
As a family this game is so much fun. The directions are clear and easy to understand. The concept of the game incorporates math and physics. It's fun to watch it wobble and teeter. We always place "bets" before we start about who will do the most daring placement. My only complaint is that the pieces are a pain to put back in the tube
on June 17, 2016
I bought this game for my 9-year-old son. While it was fun to play, we seemed to be able to hang all the pieces. One day I happened to be at a thrift store and there was a set for sale - so I bought it. I am so glad I did - this game is way more fun with more pieces. While we did discover that you could make the base twice as high with the second set - the weight caused it to topple over. So if you do buy two sets, just use the regular sized base and all of the squiggly pieces. My 5-year old likes playing it by himself and getting all the pieces to balance symmetrically (I should have taken a picture, as it was pretty cool).
on June 23, 2016
I like to combine games with learning. Games are a great way for kids to add fun into their education. We use many different games in our school. This is one I found and was excited to try out.

This game comes in a plastic tube so be careful with the tube as you need someplace to store the pieces once you are finished playing. There are 24 game rods, 1 wooden base, 4 frame rods, a colored die, and a wooden connector in the tube. It can be played as a group with up to four players or alone. The game helps with hand-eye coordination, the core skills your brain uses to think, read, learn, remember, reason, and pay attention, and interacting with others.

The object of the game is to use all your pieces first. You can only use one hand to hang pieces and if you touch another then you take your piece back and lose a turn If you make other pieces fall you take all those pieces and it is the next person's turn. It says it is for ages 8 and up; however, my six year old plays and enjoys it very much. It is going to depend on the maturity and abilities of each child if they can play before the age of six.

We play on a table but you could also play on the floor or another area where the playing area is level and flat. This is a fun game and can get stressful. Overall though we really like it.
review image review image review image review image review image
on May 9, 2015
Great game to play as a family, but also as a 1-person game. My 6yr old will spend an hour in her room stacking and balancing the pieces; challenging herself to be more creative.

I'm glad I didn't send the game as a gift though. The first one arrived with packaging that had obviously been opened and taped back up in a sloppy manner. I returned it because the wooden base of the game was missing a hole for the support leg. A new game arrived quickly and in good condition.
on February 8, 2016
Oh my gosh, this is fun. I bought it for our Christmas Eve game as we do this every year. I got this one as it was a best seller and I was running out of time looking for an economical game. This was so much fun to play again and again.
review image
on June 10, 2016
Kids love playing this game together or by themselves. A unique game that differs from a lot of the board games we already own. The best part is that we recently had a cookout and the kids had left their finished suspension on the table. The adults could not stop from making their own creations and playing with it! The end result looks like a cool abstract sculpture. Great buy!
on February 3, 2013
We always have trouble finding gifts that kids and grown ups can play together. this is it! Challenging for everyone, but easy enough, kids can try...and sometimes even do better. Loved it so much, I purchased one for my son's class to use durning inside recess time as well as one for home. the kids love it!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.