YED Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Valentines Day STEM Shop Popular Services nerdculture nerdculture nerdculture  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis La La Land Beat the Cold with Outdoor Clothing on Amazon 25% off select Britax car seats

Showing 1-10 of 2,107 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,280 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 29, 2015
I bought this for a Christmas present for one of my grandchildren, and I learned long ago to open all boxes and inspect all games before Christmas so there is no disappointed little ones.

I opened this up and pulled out the pieces..then sorted them according to size and color...everything was intact..so i set the game up and gave it a whirl, the basic object of the game is to try to continue balancing and hanging metal hangers onto the pole without everything dropping back off...you could play this game with multiple people or just by yourself or your own entertainment.

First thing, right off the bat that I noticed was that you have to 'think' and logic out your moves, and calculate out what will balance and what won't.... its harder than it sounds.. but yet easy as long as you think about each piece you hang and visualize what is going to happen as you add it onto the growing structure.

I found the game overall to be good quality, challenging, educational, frustrating and fun. But I think they could have made a better base for the set up, the little piece of lightweight wood with three holes drilled into where the supports go.. seems a bit chintzy for the overall quality of the game.

Its a good game.. that will entertain a child or an adult, or both at the same time. I have no complaints other than I thought the structures base was not made as well as it could have been.

I hope you found this review to be informative to you.. I did include some photos of the parts and pieces...
review image review image review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 12, 2013
My kids are 2 and 5 years old, and we started family game night at the beginning of the year. After my husband and I were bored to tears with the little kid's games or the kids were frustrated with older games, I went in search of games for everyone. Surely there had to be games outside of hunger hippo! A game for everyone ages 2 to 200. I adore melissa and doug. Everything they make works so well for my family! I saw this and ordered it immediately.

My 2 year is very construction inclined and my 5 year old loves being good at any game or the best. They took to it immediately! Once the 2 year found out it could fall, he spent a couple rounds purposefully knocking it down but aftef that he did so well. The two of them will play it by themselves. They take turns and quietly play until it falls then there's tons of giggling and try agains. It is very easy to adapt the rules to fit your family. We try to make it a cooperative game and man oh man, I just can't get over how amazing this game is.

Its very sturdy and fits into the container well. I see this game helping with hand eye coordination, pincer grip, and being entertaining for years. We also added marbles to the game night. Unrelated but a suggestion.
on June 17, 2016
I bought this game for my 9-year-old son. While it was fun to play, we seemed to be able to hang all the pieces. One day I happened to be at a thrift store and there was a set for sale - so I bought it. I am so glad I did - this game is way more fun with more pieces. While we did discover that you could make the base twice as high with the second set - the weight caused it to topple over. So if you do buy two sets, just use the regular sized base and all of the squiggly pieces. My 5-year old likes playing it by himself and getting all the pieces to balance symmetrically (I should have taken a picture, as it was pretty cool).
on July 22, 2015
Such a fun and challenging game!! My 4 year old loves it!
review image
on February 20, 2016
Fun, but once you've done it a few times, there's not much challenge to it. My wife and I tried all kinds of variations and, by and large, none of the pieces fell. Perhaps it would be more fun if, as one reviewer suggested, you hung other odd sized, shaped or weighted objects?

I would not buy the lighter, plastic version. After weighting down the metal one, I can easily imagination the pieces bending, as one reviewer complained.

When friends come over, we'll let them play with it. It is fun the first 2 or 3 games--until it becomes too predictable. For us, we'll stick to our favorites (UpWords -- a 3D Scrabble game) Rummikub, Mexican Train (that's probably not politically correct now) with dominoes, Pass the Pigs, etc. While Suspend got old after 3 or 4 games, we've been playing our favorites for decades and have yet to tire of one of them!
on November 12, 2016
Friends introduced us to this game. It is hours of fun and is different each time.

Bought this as a gift for my grandparents and they love it! They've introduced it to their friends and their friends have bought it as gifts for their grandkids and others.

Definitely a fun game and I love how different ages can play the game together! We played as a family with players ages 8 to 76!
on June 23, 2016
I like to combine games with learning. Games are a great way for kids to add fun into their education. We use many different games in our school. This is one I found and was excited to try out.

This game comes in a plastic tube so be careful with the tube as you need someplace to store the pieces once you are finished playing. There are 24 game rods, 1 wooden base, 4 frame rods, a colored die, and a wooden connector in the tube. It can be played as a group with up to four players or alone. The game helps with hand-eye coordination, the core skills your brain uses to think, read, learn, remember, reason, and pay attention, and interacting with others.

The object of the game is to use all your pieces first. You can only use one hand to hang pieces and if you touch another then you take your piece back and lose a turn If you make other pieces fall you take all those pieces and it is the next person's turn. It says it is for ages 8 and up; however, my six year old plays and enjoys it very much. It is going to depend on the maturity and abilities of each child if they can play before the age of six.

We play on a table but you could also play on the floor or another area where the playing area is level and flat. This is a fun game and can get stressful. Overall though we really like it.
review image review image review image review image review image
on June 10, 2016
Kids love playing this game together or by themselves. A unique game that differs from a lot of the board games we already own. The best part is that we recently had a cookout and the kids had left their finished suspension on the table. The adults could not stop from making their own creations and playing with it! The end result looks like a cool abstract sculpture. Great buy!
on February 7, 2015
I only gave it three stars becasue we only played it once and got bored. It is so easy to predict and to balance the pieces. I really had hoped that it would require more precision to play but this is literally a no-brainer, and the winner and loser really all depend entirely on who starts putting the first beam-wire-piece onto the main armature. I wish that there were more "physical" games like this available for adults and children to play that were more "substantial" in their application and design! I would buy them!
on September 23, 2015
I played this with my 7 year old daughter. It was pretty easy to use up all the pieces without anything falling over. Basically whoever started first was the winner. We didn't really enjoy the game after playing it a few times.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.