Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Acoutsic Christmas PCB for Musical Instruments Limited time offer Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 29, 2015
I bought this for a Christmas present for one of my grandchildren, and I learned long ago to open all boxes and inspect all games before Christmas so there is no disappointed little ones.

I opened this up and pulled out the pieces..then sorted them according to size and color...everything was intact..so i set the game up and gave it a whirl, the basic object of the game is to try to continue balancing and hanging metal hangers onto the pole without everything dropping back off...you could play this game with multiple people or just by yourself or your own entertainment.

First thing, right off the bat that I noticed was that you have to 'think' and logic out your moves, and calculate out what will balance and what won't.... its harder than it sounds.. but yet easy as long as you think about each piece you hang and visualize what is going to happen as you add it onto the growing structure.

I found the game overall to be good quality, challenging, educational, frustrating and fun. But I think they could have made a better base for the set up, the little piece of lightweight wood with three holes drilled into where the supports go.. seems a bit chintzy for the overall quality of the game.

Its a good game.. that will entertain a child or an adult, or both at the same time. I have no complaints other than I thought the structures base was not made as well as it could have been.

I hope you found this review to be informative to you.. I did include some photos of the parts and pieces...
review image review image review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 218 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 6, 2017
This game is a lot of fun. Our family of 4 plays often, and we usually play a few rounds at a time. The appeal has worn off a little bit over the months we've had it, but I think that's just because we've all gotten so good at it. Now we end up sabotaging each other, which it kind of twisted but still fun.
on June 2, 2017
Fun game for all ages. My grandson was able to play at age 3.5 with no problem even though I did not buy the junior version. I like that it all fits in the closed tube and is quite portable.
on June 18, 2017
My son uses this game to work on his fine motor skills and visual imagery. It is a must for kid that needs some brushing up on balance.
on October 11, 2017
We are really enjoying this game. The rules are simple but the opportunities for fun are endless. Easy to play for young and old alike!
on May 12, 2017
We bought wethead and suspend together. Suspend is so much faster to set up and we love it. We took it with us when i had to stay at the hospital for 5 days.
on March 19, 2016
I'm an adult with no kids and this is a great game for all ages. My partner and I went over to another couples house for dinner and drinks and they had it. We loved it so much that I ordered it in the car on the way home. We've since introduced other couple to Suspend and it's become a staple at adult game nights. We keep it going after everyone has placed their sticks and continue rolling the die and the player has to successfully remove a stick. Add some wine and you've got a competitive night with lots laughs and friends. Couldn't recommend this enough.
on May 8, 2016
We have four kids ranging from age 3-10, and we are always searching for games that the whole family can play and enjoy. Games made just for young kids are not fun for adults, but this is a game that people of any age can play. You can make it as complicated and difficult as you want to, or you can play it safe and keep it simple and balanced. Suspense is a simple game to learn with very few rules, and yet it is fun for everyone. Even the grandparents enjoyed playing this game and learning new tricks about balancing and strategy.
on November 2, 2017
Fun game to play with friends or family of all ages and skill levels. Great for a game when other things are going on (beer) so you don't have to focus the entire time. I love that there are different rules for difficulty/skill level. Left off a star for packaging, I wish it were a bit more sturdy than the plastic tube and easier to secure/transport. Lid can easily pop off of tune is squeezed.
on March 23, 2013
This game reminds me of an old ,much simpler game ,"Pick-Up Sticks".It's much more challenging,and one could say it's like that game ,but on Steroids.It certainly requires patience and some thoughtful consideration of balancing things and dexterity.It can be played with any number of players,or even by one person.If you'e ever tried to assemble a moblie such as sold to hang over a child's bed or elsewhere,the same principles of balance come into play.
The pieces are pretty well all much the same,the only difference being in their lengths.However,the enjoyment and challenge can be greatly improved with a little imagination.
Here's how.Get some of those hooks they sell for hanging stuff on peg boards.They come in a variety of shapes,sizes and weights and are very inexpensive.Now,try hanging some of them on the structure.Another thing that would be interesting is to introduce magnets.A package containing several small magnets of different sizes would be great.Even a bunch of "fridge magnets" would be excellent.Now for some real creative thinking,get a few metal coat hangers,cut them up in various lengths and with pliers bend them into shapes so they can hang on to the structure.A handful of Christmas tree ornament hangers,or even bent paper clips can be used to hang various objects of different weights. In other words,the possibilities are endless.If that' too involved get some curtain rod hangers to add some variety.
Many Reviewers have been critical of the flimsy container,that soon breaks.I agree with them fully,why,even a container of Pringles is more substantial,and that's meant to be discarded.All I can recommend is that if the container breaks,and it soon will;get one of those cloth bags that are used to hold wine bottles,they'll work fine.
Now, have lots of fun with your "new and imporoved" Suspende.
11 comment| 179 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.