Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery March Birthstone Book House Cleaning westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 2,295 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,484 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 29, 2015
I bought this for a Christmas present for one of my grandchildren, and I learned long ago to open all boxes and inspect all games before Christmas so there is no disappointed little ones.

I opened this up and pulled out the pieces..then sorted them according to size and color...everything was intact..so i set the game up and gave it a whirl, the basic object of the game is to try to continue balancing and hanging metal hangers onto the pole without everything dropping back off...you could play this game with multiple people or just by yourself or your own entertainment.

First thing, right off the bat that I noticed was that you have to 'think' and logic out your moves, and calculate out what will balance and what won't.... its harder than it sounds.. but yet easy as long as you think about each piece you hang and visualize what is going to happen as you add it onto the growing structure.

I found the game overall to be good quality, challenging, educational, frustrating and fun. But I think they could have made a better base for the set up, the little piece of lightweight wood with three holes drilled into where the supports go.. seems a bit chintzy for the overall quality of the game.

Its a good game.. that will entertain a child or an adult, or both at the same time. I have no complaints other than I thought the structures base was not made as well as it could have been.

I hope you found this review to be informative to you.. I did include some photos of the parts and pieces...
review image review image review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 10, 2016
Kids love playing this game together or by themselves. A unique game that differs from a lot of the board games we already own. The best part is that we recently had a cookout and the kids had left their finished suspension on the table. The adults could not stop from making their own creations and playing with it! The end result looks like a cool abstract sculpture. Great buy!
on March 1, 2014
I purchased Suspend as a Christmas gift for my 7 year old son. Our family plays Jenga a lot and we love it, so I thought this might be a variation on the stacking game idea. We played it 3 or 4 times at my request as my son knew after the first time that he didn't like it. I thought we should give it a chance. First, the game is actually quite large once it's set up. It might be better to try playing it on a linoleum floor rather than on a table top. Every time one of us would try to place a piece, all the wires would crash down. I don't think we stacked more than 5 or 6 pieces at a time before it would fall apart. The pieces didn't balance well, which I realize is part of the challenge, but it was awkward to the point of not being fun. Wanted to like it, but was disappointed and it was definitely a no-go as far as my son is concerned.
on February 20, 2016
Fun, but once you've done it a few times, there's not much challenge to it. My wife and I tried all kinds of variations and, by and large, none of the pieces fell. Perhaps it would be more fun if, as one reviewer suggested, you hung other odd sized, shaped or weighted objects?

I would not buy the lighter, plastic version. After weighting down the metal one, I can easily imagination the pieces bending, as one reviewer complained.

When friends come over, we'll let them play with it. It is fun the first 2 or 3 games--until it becomes too predictable. For us, we'll stick to our favorites (UpWords -- a 3D Scrabble game) Rummikub, Mexican Train (that's probably not politically correct now) with dominoes, Pass the Pigs, etc. While Suspend got old after 3 or 4 games, we've been playing our favorites for decades and have yet to tire of one of them!
on May 26, 2016
Playing the game is FUN!! And a challenge!! But it's also fun to arrange yourself like making a mobile. Very artsy. Love it and I'm the Auntie
review image
on January 31, 2017
I like this game more than our daughter does. Maybe at 3.5 she's a little too young but I always suggest we play it on game night and she always rejects me. We've only played it a couple of times but she did get frustrated when she couldn't quickly see where she should balance her piece. I encouraged her to keep with it knowing the value of improving her problem solving skills but I guess it was too much like work.

Overall really well designed game by a company we really love in Melissa and Doug but determine if its age appropriate for your kids to actually want to play before purchasing.
on March 17, 2017
We gave this game as a gift to friends of ours who have 3 boys ages 6, 10 and 12. The entire time we were over visiting, this game kept them busy. It's a great game for the whole family and is fast moving and easy to set up. I love that it can be enjoyed by kids and adults of all ages and that it is inexpensive and is great for small or large groups of people. I highly recommend this game, in fact we have since purchased one for our family as well.
on February 13, 2016
I don't really understand why this game got so many positive reviews? I find this game really hard for kids! My kids are age 9,7,6 and they were really frustrated they couldn't do it! I will be giving this game away. Sad it didn't work out for us.
on September 23, 2015
I played this with my 7 year old daughter. It was pretty easy to use up all the pieces without anything falling over. Basically whoever started first was the winner. We didn't really enjoy the game after playing it a few times.
on October 12, 2013
My kids are 2 and 5 years old, and we started family game night at the beginning of the year. After my husband and I were bored to tears with the little kid's games or the kids were frustrated with older games, I went in search of games for everyone. Surely there had to be games outside of hunger hippo! A game for everyone ages 2 to 200. I adore melissa and doug. Everything they make works so well for my family! I saw this and ordered it immediately.

My 2 year is very construction inclined and my 5 year old loves being good at any game or the best. They took to it immediately! Once the 2 year found out it could fall, he spent a couple rounds purposefully knocking it down but aftef that he did so well. The two of them will play it by themselves. They take turns and quietly play until it falls then there's tons of giggling and try agains. It is very easy to adapt the rules to fit your family. We try to make it a cooperative game and man oh man, I just can't get over how amazing this game is.

Its very sturdy and fits into the container well. I see this game helping with hand eye coordination, pincer grip, and being entertaining for years. We also added marbles to the game night. Unrelated but a suggestion.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.