CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Melissa & Doug Shut-the-Box
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Solid-wood case with a see-through, latching lid houses, 9 flipping number tiles and two wooden dice.
- Children and adults alike will enjoy this game of strategy and chance.
- Play with a friend or enjoy alone.
- Strategy games teaches math and logic skills.
- Exceptional Quality and Value.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 3:43 Mins|
Game Play (Simplified) -
* Players roll two dice (at first) and flip down numbers that equal the sum of the total rolled
* Some rule variants allow the use of only one die after 7, 8, & 9 are flipped down
* Each player continues until he can no longer flip down a tile and then adds up the total of the remaining numbers
* The box passes to the next player and the winner is the one with the lowest score (unless someone "shuts the box" and automatically win by successfully flipping all of the numbers down)
This version includes -
* A Good Looking Game Box; this has an intentionally rustic appearance that is only marginally marred by the obviously plastic window, with the metal hinges and latch being a nice touch
* Dice Bag and Dice; the bag is nice and has a leather(et?) drawstring, but the dice are very rustic appearing and we all have some concern about how random they are (seems to roll 2s a lot) - we have replaced these with standard dice
* Instruction Booklet; contains basic and variant rules
This is a very fun party game and even younger players can quickly learn to play.
This is a simply, yet fun game. You can come up with different ways to determine who wins. This has quickly become a family favorite, my husband and I love it as much as our 7 year old daughter. You can play alone or with several players. We take it along with us to family gatherings, to outdoor events to play while we are waiting for the show to begin or when we go out to eat to play while we are waiting for our table and/or food. As with all Melissa and Doug products the quality is great.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this for a family get-away so didn't open it until that time, 6 weeks after ordering it. The construction of the game was very shoddy inside. Read morePublished 15 days ago by T. Virtue
I ran in to this game in a store. The looks of it is what first got my attention.
This has a nice antique look. I also really enjoyed the simple play of this game. Read more
Stop selling this item from Melissa and Doug! it's not even worth my time to send it back! In the trash and I'm on my way "QUICKLY" to find another birthday gift. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Kevin Jacobi
I don't typically write reviews. I wanted to share that the item I received had a mistake in the number tiles. The one I received had 2 tiles both numbered 5. Read morePublished 1 month ago by TR
Granddaughter loves it. Teaches her to add and it is fun at the same time.Published 1 month ago by Linda W.
Arrived on the date expected. Easy to play with very little instruction needed. All ages enjoy playing it. Something different for the kids to play.Published 2 months ago by Tammy Taylor