Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Carters PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on February 22, 2016
Terribly disappointed with this toy. I usually love Melissa and Doug products but this cute little garbage truck belongs in a garbage truck. The picture of the paint job was bad enough, but then one week after we gave it to my son the paint chipped off. The paint job looks like it got damaged and someone tried to cover it. I'm so disappointed.
review imagereview image
7 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on December 28, 2017
We got this for our "trash truck" obsessed 2 year old for Christmas and he LOVES it. It is so fun for him to push around and he loves dumping the "trash" into the back of the truck. We did end up glueing the dumpster onto the truck as we had to keep reattaching it for him every few seconds - but he is a little under the recommended age. I'm sure he could figure out how to slide the dumpster on but he has no interest - only wanted Mom & Dad to do it. Definitely glad we purchased this. Melissa & Doug never lets us down.
on May 29, 2018
My son loves it. He played with it so much the front part of the wood (the grill) delaminated. I glued it back on with some wood glue and it has been transporting "rubbish" around our house ever since. I gave it five stars because I think it's worth the price and it's hard to find "real wood" these days. laminated (plywood) products are now the standard for "real wood," so delamination is just an anticipated risk with any wooden product now days.
on March 16, 2018
Wow!! Who knew that 3 and 4 year olds loved trash trucks so much! I ordered this for a transportation unit that I was teaching and I had a trash truck come and visit. This truck became the most popular toy in the classroom. So much so that I did not put it away once the unit was over. The quality is great too!
on April 3, 2016
This is a wonderful toy! My 3-year-old grandson is fascinated by the garbage truck that goes down our street so we bought this for him for Christmas. It's a good size for a toddler, not too large and not too small, and the mechanism to lift the garbage bin looks like the real thing. Because we always talk about the "A" on our truck (Advanced Waste Disposal), I made paper A's for each side of the truck and glued them on. It was a simple thing with a big impact for a little guy. Feel free to customize your truck! Great toy, well made, and very popular around here!
on July 21, 2017
Great wooden toy with two removable pieces, the trashcan and the trash, but very well made. There's nothing on this toy that can break so it's perfect for my toddler who loves being rough with his toys.
on January 8, 2018
I liked the fact that it’s wood but I was a little disappointed that it didn’t lift and lower like an actual garbage truck. A friend of mine has a plastic model that actually lifts and dumps like a real garbage truck. The child I gave it to lost interest quickly whereas my friend’s son plays with the mastic model endlessly.
on June 9, 2016
My toddler son loves trucks, and trash collection day is pretty exciting at our home. He has really enjoyed this toy! It holds quite a bit and the little dumpster holds Duplo blocks too. My only complaint is the arms that hold the dumpster are spaced too far apart, so the dumpster falls off easily; this isn't a dealbreaker, though, and my son still loves it.
on November 11, 2017
My LO is currently fascinated with vehicles ranging from construction to emergency. I love how hands-on the toy is and it teaches fine motor skills when they need to align the fork on the back to the rubbish bin. It is a solid toy with no little parts that can easily fall off.
on June 3, 2015
My 2 year old son loves to watch for the garbage truck on trash days. I wanted to get him a "trash truck" to play with. He loves the truck, and easily picked up on how to pick up the bin and dump the trash. Kind of odd to me that they chose a recycling logo (which I like and support) but then the items on the block you pick up and dump are obviously trash. Good quality overall, though.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.