Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 10, 2016
Two-year-old was overjoyed to get a toy garbage truck, especially one that dumps the can just like the real truck! He has other M&D toys that have held up well to wear and tear. This one, however, is already broken in two places. He just opened it this morning and has been playing with it for a few hours. The trash compactor levers are plastic, not wood, and not very sturdy. He had a little trouble getting them to line up with the slots on the garbage can, because they bent out of shape (and then broke) so easily. I would think that the flexible plastic used for the orange arms is why other reviewers noted their little ones had trouble getting the can to stay put. The trash can itself is already coming apart as well. Nothing a little super glue won't fix, but Mama is disappointed. Son still loves the design. M&D, please make sturdier arms!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 3, 2016
This is a wonderful toy! My 3-year-old grandson is fascinated by the garbage truck that goes down our street so we bought this for him for Christmas. It's a good size for a toddler, not too large and not too small, and the mechanism to lift the garbage bin looks like the real thing. Because we always talk about the "A" on our truck (Advanced Waste Disposal), I made paper A's for each side of the truck and glued them on. It was a simple thing with a big impact for a little guy. Feel free to customize your truck! Great toy, well made, and very popular around here!
on June 3, 2015
My 2 year old son loves to watch for the garbage truck on trash days. I wanted to get him a "trash truck" to play with. He loves the truck, and easily picked up on how to pick up the bin and dump the trash. Kind of odd to me that they chose a recycling logo (which I like and support) but then the items on the block you pick up and dump are obviously trash. Good quality overall, though.
on November 11, 2017
My LO is currently fascinated with vehicles ranging from construction to emergency. I love how hands-on the toy is and it teaches fine motor skills when they need to align the fork on the back to the rubbish bin. It is a solid toy with no little parts that can easily fall off.
on February 4, 2015
Our son is fascinated with the trash truck, not so fascinated with the toy! He played with it a lot at first, but it didn't keep his attention for long. I'm sure he will play with it again at some point. Would have given 5 stars, but the trash bin really doesn't stay on the back of the truck very well at all, and trying to slide it on there only causes the truck to roll away, which my guy found frustrating. I just got a rubber band and fixed it so the trash bin was attached all the time - problem solved!
on September 2, 2016
My 2 year old grandson is obsessed with garbage trucks. He had a garbage truck themed birthday party and I think he got every toy garbage truck on the market for his birthday. This one is his favorite. Melissa & Doug know what kids like. And they know how to make a safe, sturdy toy.
on October 25, 2017
All the Melissa & Doug toys a great quality. When my 2 year old grandson opened this on his birthday, he played with it on my lap for an hour despite a room full of children and other new toys. He loves it.
on July 21, 2017
Great wooden toy with two removable pieces, the trashcan and the trash, but very well made. There's nothing on this toy that can break so it's perfect for my toddler who loves being rough with his toys.
on June 21, 2017
Very sturdy toy. My son loves his garbage truck. Wheels roll great and the little trash bin works great too. He likes to take out the bin and put other items in it which is cool.
on March 16, 2017
So cute! My son loves all cars and trucks. We have several M&D whittle vehicles. The garbage truck has a working van with removable "garbage" cube - so much fun and imagination. A classic for sure.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.