Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 186 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 205 reviews
on November 3, 2013
My 2 year old son is obsessed with all trucks, esp. garbage trucks. He loves this one, but here's the problems I have with it. 1) The green dumpster is not attached, it just slides into the yellow prongs. So unless your toddler is has alot of patience, it coming off every time gets old quick. I ended up super-gluing the dumpster onto the prongs, but even that comes off every month or so, so it has to be done again. 2) The garbage block that slides down into the dumpster only goes in ONE way. I mean literally side A only. my 2 year old still hasn't figured this out, so we have to put ping pong balls in the bin for him to dump into the back, because he gets so frustrated trying to get the block in exactly right.

As an adult, I find it funny that there's a recycle symbol on the side and the block that goes with it has obvious garbage painted on it...lol.

I probably wouldn't buy this again for a child under two, but he does play with it alot, with the modifications I made.
44 comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2016
Terribly disappointed with this toy. I usually love Melissa and Doug products but this cute little garbage truck belongs in a garbage truck. The picture of the paint job was bad enough, but then one week after we gave it to my son the paint chipped off. The paint job looks like it got damaged and someone tried to cover it. I'm so disappointed.
review image review image
on August 10, 2016
Two-year-old was overjoyed to get a toy garbage truck, especially one that dumps the can just like the real truck! He has other M&D toys that have held up well to wear and tear. This one, however, is already broken in two places. He just opened it this morning and has been playing with it for a few hours. The trash compactor levers are plastic, not wood, and not very sturdy. He had a little trouble getting them to line up with the slots on the garbage can, because they bent out of shape (and then broke) so easily. I would think that the flexible plastic used for the orange arms is why other reviewers noted their little ones had trouble getting the can to stay put. The trash can itself is already coming apart as well. Nothing a little super glue won't fix, but Mama is disappointed. Son still loves the design. M&D, please make sturdier arms!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 11, 2014
My 3 year old loves this! He does have a hard time getting the yellow piece that holds the can attached, but has fun with it anyway. The only other issues is slightly chipping paint, which I've noticed with other Melissa and Doug toys as well- it has to be considered that he is a boy and isn't playing with this gently necessarily, but just a heads up if that sort of thing might bother you or if you have a baby you don't want eating chewing paint off siblings toys! Overall the toy is very well loved.
on April 3, 2016
This is a wonderful toy! My 3-year-old grandson is fascinated by the garbage truck that goes down our street so we bought this for him for Christmas. It's a good size for a toddler, not too large and not too small, and the mechanism to lift the garbage bin looks like the real thing. Because we always talk about the "A" on our truck (Advanced Waste Disposal), I made paper A's for each side of the truck and glued them on. It was a simple thing with a big impact for a little guy. Feel free to customize your truck! Great toy, well made, and very popular around here!
on December 26, 2015
Great gift for any one who loves refuse trucks. The wood craftsmanship is always superb with this company "Melissa and Doug" The truck forks move and pick up the green bin and dumps the "trash" into the truck. Total of 3 separate wooden items.
on March 16, 2017
So cute! My son loves all cars and trucks. We have several M&D whittle vehicles. The garbage truck has a working van with removable "garbage" cube - so much fun and imagination. A classic for sure.
on August 14, 2016
This product came chipped in several places. Normally Melissa and Doug products are the highest quality but I am very very disappointed. My grandson loves this toy so it's very hard to get it away from him so I can return it. The more he plays with it the more it continues to chip.
review image review image review image
on June 3, 2015
My 2 year old son loves to watch for the garbage truck on trash days. I wanted to get him a "trash truck" to play with. He loves the truck, and easily picked up on how to pick up the bin and dump the trash. Kind of odd to me that they chose a recycling logo (which I like and support) but then the items on the block you pick up and dump are obviously trash. Good quality overall, though.
on May 4, 2017
Great product. My 2 year old 'waste management' loving son can't stopped playing with this toy. He has had it for four months and it is holding up great. I actually bought another one for his friend who turns two this week.