Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 192 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 211 reviews
on November 3, 2013
My 2 year old son is obsessed with all trucks, esp. garbage trucks. He loves this one, but here's the problems I have with it. 1) The green dumpster is not attached, it just slides into the yellow prongs. So unless your toddler is has alot of patience, it coming off every time gets old quick. I ended up super-gluing the dumpster onto the prongs, but even that comes off every month or so, so it has to be done again. 2) The garbage block that slides down into the dumpster only goes in ONE way. I mean literally side A only. my 2 year old still hasn't figured this out, so we have to put ping pong balls in the bin for him to dump into the back, because he gets so frustrated trying to get the block in exactly right.

As an adult, I find it funny that there's a recycle symbol on the side and the block that goes with it has obvious garbage painted on it...lol.

I probably wouldn't buy this again for a child under two, but he does play with it alot, with the modifications I made.
44 comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2016
Terribly disappointed with this toy. I usually love Melissa and Doug products but this cute little garbage truck belongs in a garbage truck. The picture of the paint job was bad enough, but then one week after we gave it to my son the paint chipped off. The paint job looks like it got damaged and someone tried to cover it. I'm so disappointed.
review image review image
on August 10, 2016
Two-year-old was overjoyed to get a toy garbage truck, especially one that dumps the can just like the real truck! He has other M&D toys that have held up well to wear and tear. This one, however, is already broken in two places. He just opened it this morning and has been playing with it for a few hours. The trash compactor levers are plastic, not wood, and not very sturdy. He had a little trouble getting them to line up with the slots on the garbage can, because they bent out of shape (and then broke) so easily. I would think that the flexible plastic used for the orange arms is why other reviewers noted their little ones had trouble getting the can to stay put. The trash can itself is already coming apart as well. Nothing a little super glue won't fix, but Mama is disappointed. Son still loves the design. M&D, please make sturdier arms!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 3, 2016
This is a wonderful toy! My 3-year-old grandson is fascinated by the garbage truck that goes down our street so we bought this for him for Christmas. It's a good size for a toddler, not too large and not too small, and the mechanism to lift the garbage bin looks like the real thing. Because we always talk about the "A" on our truck (Advanced Waste Disposal), I made paper A's for each side of the truck and glued them on. It was a simple thing with a big impact for a little guy. Feel free to customize your truck! Great toy, well made, and very popular around here!
on August 14, 2016
This product came chipped in several places. Normally Melissa and Doug products are the highest quality but I am very very disappointed. My grandson loves this toy so it's very hard to get it away from him so I can return it. The more he plays with it the more it continues to chip.
review image review image review image
on June 3, 2015
My 2 year old son loves to watch for the garbage truck on trash days. I wanted to get him a "trash truck" to play with. He loves the truck, and easily picked up on how to pick up the bin and dump the trash. Kind of odd to me that they chose a recycling logo (which I like and support) but then the items on the block you pick up and dump are obviously trash. Good quality overall, though.
on February 4, 2015
Our son is fascinated with the trash truck, not so fascinated with the toy! He played with it a lot at first, but it didn't keep his attention for long. I'm sure he will play with it again at some point. Would have given 5 stars, but the trash bin really doesn't stay on the back of the truck very well at all, and trying to slide it on there only causes the truck to roll away, which my guy found frustrating. I just got a rubber band and fixed it so the trash bin was attached all the time - problem solved!
on April 11, 2014
My 3 year old loves this! He does have a hard time getting the yellow piece that holds the can attached, but has fun with it anyway. The only other issues is slightly chipping paint, which I've noticed with other Melissa and Doug toys as well- it has to be considered that he is a boy and isn't playing with this gently necessarily, but just a heads up if that sort of thing might bother you or if you have a baby you don't want eating chewing paint off siblings toys! Overall the toy is very well loved.
on June 9, 2016
My toddler son loves trucks, and trash collection day is pretty exciting at our home. He has really enjoyed this toy! It holds quite a bit and the little dumpster holds Duplo blocks too. My only complaint is the arms that hold the dumpster are spaced too far apart, so the dumpster falls off easily; this isn't a dealbreaker, though, and my son still loves it.
on January 30, 2016
my son loves this garbage truck! he likes to put pom poms in the back of the can and dump them into the truck! the quality is very good! melissa and doug toys always hold up very well with toddler play! the design is sleek and modern. he can also use this truck on his road mat and it fits in very well with the rest of his toy cars to complete a whole "community".

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.