Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 192 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 212 reviews
on August 10, 2016
Two-year-old was overjoyed to get a toy garbage truck, especially one that dumps the can just like the real truck! He has other M&D toys that have held up well to wear and tear. This one, however, is already broken in two places. He just opened it this morning and has been playing with it for a few hours. The trash compactor levers are plastic, not wood, and not very sturdy. He had a little trouble getting them to line up with the slots on the garbage can, because they bent out of shape (and then broke) so easily. I would think that the flexible plastic used for the orange arms is why other reviewers noted their little ones had trouble getting the can to stay put. The trash can itself is already coming apart as well. Nothing a little super glue won't fix, but Mama is disappointed. Son still loves the design. M&D, please make sturdier arms!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 3, 2016
This is a wonderful toy! My 3-year-old grandson is fascinated by the garbage truck that goes down our street so we bought this for him for Christmas. It's a good size for a toddler, not too large and not too small, and the mechanism to lift the garbage bin looks like the real thing. Because we always talk about the "A" on our truck (Advanced Waste Disposal), I made paper A's for each side of the truck and glued them on. It was a simple thing with a big impact for a little guy. Feel free to customize your truck! Great toy, well made, and very popular around here!
on August 14, 2016
This product came chipped in several places. Normally Melissa and Doug products are the highest quality but I am very very disappointed. My grandson loves this toy so it's very hard to get it away from him so I can return it. The more he plays with it the more it continues to chip.
review image review image review image
on June 3, 2015
My 2 year old son loves to watch for the garbage truck on trash days. I wanted to get him a "trash truck" to play with. He loves the truck, and easily picked up on how to pick up the bin and dump the trash. Kind of odd to me that they chose a recycling logo (which I like and support) but then the items on the block you pick up and dump are obviously trash. Good quality overall, though.
on February 4, 2015
Our son is fascinated with the trash truck, not so fascinated with the toy! He played with it a lot at first, but it didn't keep his attention for long. I'm sure he will play with it again at some point. Would have given 5 stars, but the trash bin really doesn't stay on the back of the truck very well at all, and trying to slide it on there only causes the truck to roll away, which my guy found frustrating. I just got a rubber band and fixed it so the trash bin was attached all the time - problem solved!
on January 30, 2016
my son loves this garbage truck! he likes to put pom poms in the back of the can and dump them into the truck! the quality is very good! melissa and doug toys always hold up very well with toddler play! the design is sleek and modern. he can also use this truck on his road mat and it fits in very well with the rest of his toy cars to complete a whole "community".
on September 2, 2016
My 2 year old grandson is obsessed with garbage trucks. He had a garbage truck themed birthday party and I think he got every toy garbage truck on the market for his birthday. This one is his favorite. Melissa & Doug know what kids like. And they know how to make a safe, sturdy toy.
on July 21, 2017
Great wooden toy with two removable pieces, the trashcan and the trash, but very well made. There's nothing on this toy that can break so it's perfect for my toddler who loves being rough with his toys.
on June 21, 2017
Very sturdy toy. My son loves his garbage truck. Wheels roll great and the little trash bin works great too. He likes to take out the bin and put other items in it which is cool.
on March 16, 2017
So cute! My son loves all cars and trucks. We have several M&D whittle vehicles. The garbage truck has a working van with removable "garbage" cube - so much fun and imagination. A classic for sure.