Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Melissa & Doug Trailer and Excavator Wooden Vehicle Set (3 pcs)
Amazon Vehicles Celebrity Picks 2016 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Sting Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 119 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on June 15, 2013
I bought these for my son when he turned 2. He's been using them pretty much daily for the past 8 months. This toy consists of three separate pieces: (1) the yellow truck cab, (b) the natural-colored wooden trailer, and (c) the orange excavator.

THE GOOD:
-Mostly wooden (some parts, like the wheels and the excavator's scoop and arm are plastic)
-Simple. No batteries, lights, or noises. Leaves the imaginative work to the child.
-Durable. My kid has not been kind to these and they're still basically in perfect condition.
-Excavator rotates on it's base. The scoop can be raised and lowered.
-Unique. Kids enjoy that the excavator can ride on the flatbed truck.
-Inexpensive. The quality has exceeded my expectations based on the price.

THE BAD:
-Requires a bit of dexterity. The yellow cab is pretty easy to hook up to the trailer, so that part is okay. But getting the excavator's wheels properly situated in the grooves on the trailer requires a level of manual dexterity that 2-year-olds may or may not have. It frustrated my child for quite a while, although he can do it now. (In fairness, I think this toy is listed as being for kids age 3 and up.)
-Made overseas. This toy is priced really well for the quality. To me, that raises questions about the conditions under which it was made. Although I like this product, I would be willing to pay more for it if the company provided some assurances that they are using fair labor practices and adhering to good environmental standards. (Or better yet, manufacturing their toys in the United States.)
on May 2, 2013
My two and four-year-old grandsons love these toys. They are sturdy and detailed enough to withstand their attention and stimulate their imaginations. My only concern is that I'm not sure they are made in the US.
on February 11, 2013
What can I say, nicely made, the kids love it, nuff said. It does hurt when your toddler hits you on the head with it.
on December 13, 2015
I'm absolutely obsessed with Melissa & Doug toys, and this of course is no different. My two year old carries this around all the time, and even tries to take in the car when we go places. I love that the trailer is so easy for him to hook up; some of his other toys are still a bit difficult to hook up. The colors are vibrant and the toy itself is of a great quality.
on April 4, 2014
what can I say? this is a Melissa and Doug product! it's fabulous and TOP quality; sturdy, fun and all wooden! No cheap plastic that breaks with light wear and tear. My son loves tractors, trailors, trains.....basically anything with wheels. We bout this for him for christmas and he along with other similar products plays with these daily; and might I add they've been through rough play and handlings and have maintained in all aspects: color, quality, etc. LOVE this and other similar sets....we've just about collected them all!
on September 17, 2016
A wonderful toy. My two year old grandson loves construction equipment, this quickly became his favorite toy in our collection. It is well made, almost indestructible and a great size for his hands.
on November 23, 2015
I was specifically looking for an "orange excavator" per the neighbor kid's request for a birthday gift. This fit the bill perfectly, the truck was a bonus, and he loved it! M&D always make great quality, nearly noiseless toys. Love them.
on January 14, 2014
I was surprised when my 5-soon-to-be-6 year old requested this for Christmas; it seemed a little "young" for him. But, he loves playing with it. Melissa and Doug toys are well made; the wooden construction will last and make this an heirloom toy someday.
on January 26, 2016
My son saw this before Christmas and did not stop talking about it for a month. I finally ordered it and it is worth the purchase. It is simple in that it is a basic wooden toy, but he has gotten hours of play out of it. Highly recommended.
on September 7, 2015
I would give this a 5-star review, but it came in broken. :( Thankfully, I had some clamps and wood glue on hand and I was able to fix it before my son's birthday (the next day!). Otherwise, this is a GREAT excavator / trailer set - and I would highly recommend it.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.