Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 5, 2017
So this is a toy we've had for nearly 2.5 years now. What I love about this thing is that it is durable as heck-it takes a ton of abuse, and the paint is still mostly intact on it, despite the fact that our son, who is a heavy oral stemmer, chews on its pieces incessantly.

This is a cool developmental toy because it does allow for different ways of putting together the blocks to set the train up. Sometimes, we're still working on that in this house...like today, when he growled at me after I put the pieces on it and then proceeded to rip them back off again, because he wanted to play with it bare. He's definitely a boy who knows his own mind about how he wants to do things, and it's not always the way a toy is designed to be used. But that's the beauty of this toy, you can use it for different things...teaching colors, shapes, and orientation of putting blocks on pegs, because some of them have holes in directions our son doesn't expect, and because he struggles sometimes to generalize things, it's something we're still working on with him, but I do really like that feature of this toy.

Overall, I think this is a super cool, fun developmental toy, but by far the most awesome thing about it is how indestructible it seems.
3 people found this helpful
on December 26, 2013
I thought this was so adorable and would be a favorite with my two-year-old daughter and her friends. Yes, it's really cute, but it wasn't worth it for us. I do know of a few other families that have this train and none play with it a lot. It really doesn't allow you to put the blocks onto the train in other formations or do much else with the train other then roll it around. Even for rolling around, it doesn't make turns well and is clunkier than a train that I would recommend to be solely used to roll around the floor. We use the center blocks to look through more then we use the train. I wish I had refrained from buying this, even though it is so cute. It just ends up sitting around my house gathering dust for the most part. I don't find it worth the once every two months that she actually decides to play with it.
4 people found this helpful
on June 19, 2017
So glad I took a picture of the train right out of the package before it got disassembled because I honestly couldn't figure out how it went together the first time, but this train is super cute and my kiddo loves it. She will get various levels of enjoyment from this toy over time because for now she just loves to chew on the blocks and make noise with them, but soon she will be able to move it across the floor and later take it apart and put it together again. It's very well-made and I would definitely recommend it.
on December 12, 2016
I think I like this train more than my daughter does. She's a little under 2 and doesn't grasp the full potential for fun in stacking and rearranging the pieces, but she likes trains in general so it doesn't really matter. She usually plays with the trains bare; she prefers them without any of the blocks on top. We've done some color sorting games with them though so all in all I would say this is a decent buy.
|0Comment|Report abuse
got for 3 year old grandson who is into trains big hit. well made. pieces good size for little hands.
2 people found this helpful
on March 28, 2018
This is the perfect baby shower gift. Every time one of my friends, coworkers, or family members has a baby, this is my go-to gift. As I write on all of the cards I give with this, "No childhood is complete without a train."
on March 7, 2018
Although this looks like a perfectly good toy. Do not buy this, here’s why:
The blocks are not sanded down, they are splintery and paint is coming off. I’ve tried washing and scrubbing it, and still paint comes off. If you would not like paint chips all over play area, and likeliness of a child ingesting the paint, do not buy this poorly made product. I have included a picture that shows how badly this toy was made because all blocks look the same as the one pictured. I’m going to toss this in the trash, waste of money.
|11 comment|Report abuse
on February 18, 2017
I purchased this adorable set for my nephew's first birthday. He LOVES it! He had a lot of fun taking off and putting on all the pieces. This toy is not only pleasing to look at but it offers great opportunities to work on the fine motor skills and hand/eye coordination. Great for kiddos to have!
|0Comment|Report abuse
My 22 mo loves taking these apart, putting them together as much as he can in different combinations, and pushing it around. This is a fun train for his age, and I believe older children that like trains and or blocks would also enjoy this.
on January 26, 2017
Got this train set for my 18-month old daughter - she loves it! She spent the first three days playing with it non-stop, and even after that her interest didn't fade. Loves to assemble it and put her favorite toys to "ride" the train.
2 people found this helpful