Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 381 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 495 reviews
on February 5, 2017
So this is a toy we've had for nearly 2.5 years now. What I love about this thing is that it is durable as heck-it takes a ton of abuse, and the paint is still mostly intact on it, despite the fact that our son, who is a heavy oral stemmer, chews on its pieces incessantly.

This is a cool developmental toy because it does allow for different ways of putting together the blocks to set the train up. Sometimes, we're still working on that in this house...like today, when he growled at me after I put the pieces on it and then proceeded to rip them back off again, because he wanted to play with it bare. He's definitely a boy who knows his own mind about how he wants to do things, and it's not always the way a toy is designed to be used. But that's the beauty of this toy, you can use it for different things...teaching colors, shapes, and orientation of putting blocks on pegs, because some of them have holes in directions our son doesn't expect, and because he struggles sometimes to generalize things, it's something we're still working on with him, but I do really like that feature of this toy.

Overall, I think this is a super cool, fun developmental toy, but by far the most awesome thing about it is how indestructible it seems.
on December 11, 2015
My 2-year old LOVES this train! The only complaint would be that there are two triangle pieces that fit together to make a cube, which he can't do at all, and takes me a min to get it straight. As with all M&D products, good construction. Wheels don't squeak or have any resistance. Would recommend to anyone!
on July 7, 2015
Cool but my own personal review of this has to do with my two year old who was interested in this for about an hour and has barely touched it since. She is typically not a toddler to jump from one play item to another, so it was a bit surprising to me that she just did not have a high interest in this toy, especially since she loves trains. Then I played with it. Though very durable and cutely colored, I could barely put the thing together after I took all the blocks off. I started looking around for a paper diagram to remind of how it was assembled, but nothing. I had to google this just to find a picture to put it back together properly. Way too annoying. This again is my own personal experience. As a toy, again, it is beautifully made, durable, I feel safe that it is wood versus strange plastic, etc. But... yeah, wasn't expecting a puzzle.
on June 9, 2016
My 22 mo loves taking these apart, putting them together as much as he can in different combinations, and pushing it around. This is a fun train for his age, and I believe older children that like trains and or blocks would also enjoy this.
on February 10, 2015
Perfect for a kid who has enough flashing lights and loud noises in his/her life. My nephew loved this; he stopped opening his other Christmas presents and sat next to me to play with it. I'll be buying more from this Melissa & Doug!
on April 21, 2017
My daughter loves the pieces of this train. She's only one so I didn't know if she would be ready for this toy but she absolutely was!
on January 22, 2017
all three of my boys LOVED this. ages 6, 4, and 2. SO CUTE!
on April 26, 2016
Not happy with this item from Melissa & Doug . Piece of wood coming out , not safe for my 2 year old . Some parts get so bad that I have to throw them out !
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon February 24, 2017
got for 3 year old grandson who is into trains big hit. well made. pieces good size for little hands.
on February 1, 2015
My son loves this train so much that this was our second time ordering it. The first one he took in the bathtub when he was little so a lot of the paint had come off.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.