Melissa & Doug Peel & Press "Stained Glass" Undersea Fantasy
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- EASY TO CREATE: The Melissa & Doug window art kit is an exciting yet easy way to create elegant and beautiful "stained glass" arts and crafts. Simply peel and press stickers onto the stained glass kit’s grooved frame to create luminous art.
- DISPLAY ANYWHERE: Our crafts for children create a beautiful display in any location. The brilliance of these "stained glass" art projects is enhanced when they are hung in a sunny window so the ocean can shimmer and glow.
- SUPPORTS MULTIPLE DEVELOPMENT SKILLS: The Melissa & Doug Stained Glass Made Easy Activity Kit promotes problem solving skills, fine motor skills, and hand-eye coordination.
- GREAT GIFT FOR AGES 5 AND UP: The Ocean Stained Glass Made Easy Activity Kit makes an ideal gift for kids ages 5 and up. Add any of the other Melissa & Doug Stained Glass Made Easy kits to round out the hands-on, screen-free fun.
- “THE GOLD STANDARD IN CHILDHOOD PLAY”: For more than 30 years, Melissa & Doug has created beautifully designed imagination- and creativity-sparking products that NBC News calls “the gold standard in early childhood play.”
- 100% HAPPINESS GUARANTEE: We design every toy to the highest-quality standards, and to nurture minds and hearts. If your child is not inspired, give us a call and we'll make it right. Our phone number is on every product!
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
This guided arts-and-crafts activity gives young artists everything they need to create a shimmering "stained glass" light catcher. The results are gorgeous: Shaped sticker-gems depict a dolphin, sea turtle, angel fish, and clownfish swimming in a sunbathed coral reef. Hang the finished artwork in a sunny window to see this pretty scene shimmer to life! It's easy to create: Just match the stickers to the number key and place them on the see-through design template. Young artists will be enchanted by the glittering results, and proud to show them off in the ready-to-hang frame.
From the Manufacturer
From classic wooden toys to crafts, pretend play, and games, Melissa & Doug products provide a launch pad to ignite imagination and a sense of wonder in all children so they can discover themselves, their passions, and their purpose.
Since the company’s founding more than 25 years ago, Melissa & Doug has consistently delivered innovative products that inspire open-ended thinking, encourage kids to see new possibilities, and offer Countless Ways to Play. It’s part of a bigger vision to Take Back Childhood. Because by giving children a true childhood with the space and freedom to explore their world, we give them a path to realizing their full potential!
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
A review of the directions was required, but they quickly figured out how to match the gel pieces to the numbered template, working intently for at least two hours to complete the work. Each kit comes with the image encased within a wood frame which is painted on one side to match the main color scheme. The window-facing plain side allows the child to write the date or a message (see pix) if giving the stained glass as a gift. Although no suction cup is enclosed, a color-matching string at the top can be hung off window latches for see-thru presentation. Unlike traditional stained glass, this window art is lightweight and unbreakable.
This art project combines sensory, numerical, and color learning within a play-like experience. It’s a classic Melissa & Doug approach. The entire line is a beautiful addition to your home-school art studies program or simply as home-based arts and crafts project. I hope Melissa & Doug add more projects to this Window Art line.
Some tips -
I preferred putting the "glass" on a plain white piece of paper instead of the numbered pattern while placing the pieces. Placing it over the numbered pattern makes it harder to judge actual placement, because the black lines are thicker on the pattern than they are on the "glass."
Make sure your work space is well lit and free of pet hair and dust or other particles.
When removing the "stained glass" pieces from the film, fold the film back with your fingers so you don't ruin the piece by pulling on an edge (see picture).
Try to place only a corner of a piece of "stained glass" on the "glass"and really check for correct placement before letting the piece adhere to the "glass." Otherwise, you have to try to peel back the piece and the colored film can fold back on itself which is really hard to fix.
The pieces can be repositioned, but it leaves smudges on the film and can cause the colored film to fold back on itself.
Pros - fun and challenging activity. Looks great when done - see picture.
"Glass" had a few scratches when I opened the box, which made it look slightly less than perfect when done.
"Stained glass" pieces are not placed in any particular order on the film so you have to search for the correct numbered piece. But it's not a big deal.
"Stained glass pieces consist of a clear top layer with colored film attached. As stated earlier, the colored film can detach from the top layer if you try to reposition a piece. Would have been better if manufacturer made the clear top layer colored instead of attaching colored film to it.
Some of the "stained glass" pieces were a just a little bitter smaller than the black outline, so sometimes there were very some gaps between a piece and the black outline.
Since the wooden frame comes already attached, it makes it a little bit harder to place the outside edge pieces.
Bottom line - fun craft activity for older kids. Decent price for a couple hours of fun. I will be purchasing other kits for older kids. Not sure if some of the other kids have larger pieces which would be more appropriate for younger ages.