Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop now Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 156 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 195 reviews
on April 23, 2015
This is relatively inexpensive for wood and an important concept. For me, the problem with the toy is that the animals and people are only detailed on one side, i.e., one side of the elephant is detailed and the other is blank. If they were detailed on both sides, this would be a 5-star item. I'd pay more for the added quality. Truck is great.
on February 19, 2015
Can't be a lazy parent with this one; you have to be imaginative and invite creative problem solving. We use this as a problem solving tool by scattering the animals throughout the room and helping our daughter figure out how to move blocks to climb and reach the animals, or look under and behind things. One by one, we collect the animals in the truck. Call it a "safari" for obvious reasons. At 17 mo, she seems to be able to remember search patterns and the process of putting the animals in the truck once they're "captured." But sometimes the driver loses control of the truck on the way back to the zoo because he was arguing with the lady about the ending of LOST and the truck topples over, releasing the animals and severely injuring the driver. 5 stars.
VINE VOICEon February 11, 2015
My instructions for buying a toy were must be made in the USA from a company with sound enviromental practices. Everything I could find online kept pointing to Melissa & Doug toys (i was sold when I saw them for sale at my local whole foods). Bought these for a 1 year old birthday gift.
The toy is well made with nice graphics. Each animal will fit in any slot but the toy is still being enjoyed which is all that matters.
on February 7, 2014
First of all, this is not truly a shape sorter. As other reviewers have mentioned, the animals really fit into ANY of the holes, so I don't feel like my son is really learning anything. If you only want this because you want to buy your child a shape sorter, this is NOT the one to buy. Secondly, he's 12 months old and gets his hand stuck in the holes fairly often, which never happens with our other, actual, shape sorter - this is a "must supervise" toy for the younger end of the spectrum (when I first bought it I was under the impression it was a 12 months and up toy, so perhaps this isn't an issue for the actual recommended 2+ set). He's never gotten truly hurt, but it does scare him and one time I did have to pull quite hard to get his little hand out. Thirdly, shortly after my son first started playing with it, I noticed that the wood veneer on the bottom of the truck was peeling off. I don't think he would have gotten hurt on this, but I pulled it the rest of the way off so that he wouldn't try to eat it. The paint on the figures also quickly began to chip (like the first DAY). Don't expect this toy to look brand new for long.

The GOOD - this is a darling toy and the truck body itself seems very sturdy. The figures are the perfect size for little hands. My son absolutely loves this toy and really plays with it often (especially the two drivers, he absolutely loves those for some reason). I have to give it at least three stars just for his love of it, I guess that's really the point. Unlike another reviewer, the wheels on our truck turn just fine. And honestly, I can't not support a wooden toy my child likes this much - it's practically impossible to find very many of them in the big box stores and I get so sick of seeing rows of flashing, loud, overwhelming plastic ones!
on May 23, 2016
We love this toy! My son's been playing with it since he was 12 months, and he's now 3 years old and still plays with it! When he was younger, he loved to name the animals and load/unload the truck of them; now, he loves just driving this truck along his pretend street :) The quality is profound, and I feel like this toy is as new as the day we opened it (despite the bite marks from occasionally being chewed on).

We love gifting it to friends as well, as we know it will be a toy that will last years!
on February 7, 2015
These are great animal blocks for toddlers. My son loves that he can lay them down and stand them up. I would recommend trying your best not to get them wet though. The zebra got past us at bath time and lost a lot of color. Other than that great interactive toys for kids who like animals
on April 1, 2017
My son got this for his first birthday and loves it, he still plays with it at 20 months. We now gift this to friends turning one and they love it as well.
on January 22, 2015
This is a super cute old fashioned wood toy. We bought it for our granddaughter and she loves the animal figures. She doesn't play with it much, but she's still a little young and has a few other toys to compete against it. The sharp corners do scare me a little.
on January 28, 2015
Our 19mos old loves this toy! He's excited by the colorful animals, as well as using it as a push around toy. I thought it would also serve as a great shape sorter, but not so. I wish there was a feature to allow the animals to stay in place like originally packaged - perhaps with magnets - because the cardboard inside the truck got destroyed early on (OK, within minutes). The animals are all over the floor rather than with the truck. That's strictly From a mom's point of view, as it doesn't stop him from playing with the truck.
on January 9, 2017
The transaction was smooth. The item was as described and as expected. The delivery was as expected. The only thing I don't completely like is that the puzzle pieces don't sit on the truck like shown in the photo. They fall inside the truck. I guess I wish it did both. But my grandson likes it regardless