Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 157 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 197 reviews
on February 19, 2015
Can't be a lazy parent with this one; you have to be imaginative and invite creative problem solving. We use this as a problem solving tool by scattering the animals throughout the room and helping our daughter figure out how to move blocks to climb and reach the animals, or look under and behind things. One by one, we collect the animals in the truck. Call it a "safari" for obvious reasons. At 17 mo, she seems to be able to remember search patterns and the process of putting the animals in the truck once they're "captured." But sometimes the driver loses control of the truck on the way back to the zoo because he was arguing with the lady about the ending of LOST and the truck topples over, releasing the animals and severely injuring the driver. 5 stars.
on May 23, 2016
We love this toy! My son's been playing with it since he was 12 months, and he's now 3 years old and still plays with it! When he was younger, he loved to name the animals and load/unload the truck of them; now, he loves just driving this truck along his pretend street :) The quality is profound, and I feel like this toy is as new as the day we opened it (despite the bite marks from occasionally being chewed on).

We love gifting it to friends as well, as we know it will be a toy that will last years!
on April 23, 2015
This is relatively inexpensive for wood and an important concept. For me, the problem with the toy is that the animals and people are only detailed on one side, i.e., one side of the elephant is detailed and the other is blank. If they were detailed on both sides, this would be a 5-star item. I'd pay more for the added quality. Truck is great.
on January 6, 2015
My son loves to place with this but it akong with other Mellissa and doug toys that I purchased for christmas seem to be veey poorly made. The animals and chipping and there was a large blemish on the front of the truck! He likes it and doesn't notice the blemish or chips but I'd like a nice toy when I spend money expecring something nice!
VINE VOICEon February 11, 2015
My instructions for buying a toy were must be made in the USA from a company with sound enviromental practices. Everything I could find online kept pointing to Melissa & Doug toys (i was sold when I saw them for sale at my local whole foods). Bought these for a 1 year old birthday gift.
The toy is well made with nice graphics. Each animal will fit in any slot but the toy is still being enjoyed which is all that matters.
on April 27, 2015
I was really excited to get this toy for my son's birthday. However, after opening it I realized that the only way the animals stay "in" the truck is being placed up against a cardboard box that's inside the truck. Therefore, whenever the box moves, the animals fall out. It's almost impossible for them to stay in and move the truck and there isn't really a way to shape sort unless you lay the truck on it's side and only sort three animals at a time.
on August 22, 2016
This was a cute toy, but barely lasted a few months before the wood on the door broke. It was just frustrating for my little guy to play with without the door -- the animals just kept falling out. This is not one of Melissa and Doug's sturdier products, in my experience.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 27, 2014
I am a big fan of Melissa and Doug products and really like all of them. They are very educational and help develop motor skills, shapes, etc. While I really like the concept of this toy and the material is good, my biggest issue with it is that the animals do not stay put in their shapes. The shape sorter is loose and even without the truck moving, all animals fall off immediately as you put them. My 18 month is hardly engaged with this toy - he only plays with the animals and truck separately/
on January 28, 2015
Our 19mos old loves this toy! He's excited by the colorful animals, as well as using it as a push around toy. I thought it would also serve as a great shape sorter, but not so. I wish there was a feature to allow the animals to stay in place like originally packaged - perhaps with magnets - because the cardboard inside the truck got destroyed early on (OK, within minutes). The animals are all over the floor rather than with the truck. That's strictly From a mom's point of view, as it doesn't stop him from playing with the truck.
on January 16, 2015
I normally really like Melissa & Doug toys but this is a flop for us. This truck looks really cool but, like other reviewers have mentioned, it has a big flaw. You can fit pretty much any animal through any of the openings. Not so great for teaching your kiddo sorting. The animals themselves are so narrow it is almost difficult to put them through properly. Good concept, poor execution.