Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 22, 2017
This is one of the best toys I have purchased! I now purchase it for all of my friends with toddlers turning 2. It promotes fine motor skills, sorting, and eventually patterns. One of my twins plays with this every single day.
on February 23, 2017
Love these. We play with them everyday! Some of the dowels were a little warped and not straight, but still fit in the holes. Great otherwise!
on May 27, 2017
This is a must for anyone working in special education or Montessori. It is a fun way to help kids learn to sequence and follow a pattern. Beads are large and patterns are large for children with fine motor needs and visual needs. It gets daily use in my classroom and students enjoy it.
on April 15, 2016
It's are to get the cards and the sticks in place and even harder to get them out. My 3 year old almost stabbed himself in the eye trying to pull out one of the sticks. We both really enjoy this toy, but i wont let him play with it without adult supervision. It's much larger than expected which for me was a plus.
on April 15, 2013
This should be an excellent product, but the quality let's it down.

The product is a wooden box (like most Melissa & Doug products). The box is covered by a flimsy hard plastic sheet that you have to slide back onto the box. This should work well, but it doesn't unless you lay all the pieces back in the box carefully..this takes a bit of time..for a busy parent, I find this tiresome. This is something that can be simply rectified with better packaging! I also find unless you store the toy flat the sheet let's pieces fall out!

The toy itself is a set of wooden sticks that you insert into holes in the wooden box and there are cards with different sequences of shapes that your child has to copy. It's great to help your children understand different shapes and sequences.

I gave this product 3 stars, as I felt the packaging totally let's down what should be a great toy.
on September 12, 2016
The beads are great. Our 2yo loves to bead and had enjoyed stacking the colors. She's not ready to do patterns yet, but the card do stand well in the prop. The wells for the poles are a bit weak though and don't stand up to toddler's pulling to the side rather than up and we have already ripped one hole open.
on December 20, 2013
I bought this for my 15 month old who is really good with his fine motor skills. He had no difficulty getting the beads onto the wooden sticks. I like how you can teach your child more than one thing with this toy - placing the beads on the sticks helps them build their fine motor skills; the colored beads help them learn their colors; the provided wooden stacking patterns will help you child understand patterns as they grow. This is one of those toys that grows with your child so it turns out to be a good investment. The piece I recieved was of good quality although the a couple of the sticks were a little bent but that is expected wen you purchase something make of wood vs. plastic. Overall I am happy with my purchase.
on April 17, 2017
Good product
on January 17, 2017
Son loves it. This a quality set. I bought it for my 1 year old because he loves to stack things but everything he stacks falls over and frustrates him so I thought the stick and beads would be fun for him. He has tons of fun with it though he can't do the patterns yet.
on October 21, 2013
We purchased this set for our daughter after her occupational therapist had used it with her several times. It was highly recommended on other sites and our daughter seemed to enjoy it when her therapist brought it. The set has a large number of brightly colored chunky wooden beads of different shapes, along with five dowels to set them on. The set also includes a number of wooden slats that the child can follow to make patterns. Because there are so many shapes and colors, the toy doesn't seem to grow old because there is such a variety of patterns possible. It's great for interaction and learning shapes, colors, and counting. The only drawback is that you do need to be careful of the dowels when they are upright in the holder. I always make sure to put it away as soon as she is done playing with it because I think it would be very easy to get poked in the eye if the child fell while running around, as children do. But otherwise, a great learning toy. I would recommend it for children learning shapes, colors, and stringing techniques (but would follow the age recommendation because of the possibility for problems with the dowels.)