Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $4.84 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Melissa & Doug Classic Pick-Up Sticks Game - 41 Sticks Store in Wooden Box
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Classic game, classically styled
- Includes 41 wooden sticks and storage box with sliding lid.
- Detailed instruction booklet explains how to use the black stick and the meanings of the other important markings.
- Durably constructed of solid wood
- Encourages hand-eye coordination and interpersonal skills.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
“Five, six, pick up sticks!” This set features 41 hand crafted wooden sticks and stores in a sturdy heirloom quality solid-wood box with a sliding lid! A detailed instruction booklet explains how to use the black stick and the meanings of the other important markings.
From the Manufacturer
From classic wooden toys to crafts, pretend play, and games, Melissa & Doug products provide a launch pad to ignite imagination and a sense of wonder in all children so they can discover themselves, their passions, and their purpose.
Since the company’s founding more than 25 years ago, Melissa & Doug has consistently delivered innovative products that inspire open-ended thinking, encourage kids to see new possibilities, and offer Countless Ways to Play. It’s part of a bigger vision to Take Back Childhood. Because by giving children a true childhood with the space and freedom to explore their world, we give them a path to realizing their full potential!
Safety WarningNo Warnings Required
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
(I tried washing the rough black stuff off to see if that helped. My photos show one washed stick and a bunch of unwashed ones, and a frayed end)
1. Colors are much more dull.
2. Sticks are dull. You play the game by using the sticks with surgical precision, right? This is simply not possible with the product I purchased. I'd understand if they were sold as child-safe, but the picture (08.08.2014) specifically shows nice sharp points on each stick.
Simply put: malicious dishonesty by seller = 1 star.
The boys really enjoy the simplicity but the younger felt a bit frustrated at first. He then began imitating his older brother and me, their grandfather. The younger's dexterity has improved and he really enjoys "beating" his older brother and grandpa.
My wife and I decided NOT to let grandkids take the game when they leave our home each time. We've played many, many times and the memories it brings back are wonderfully warm.
The box is made to look antique-like. It's REAL wood! The sticks are also made of wood and painted to look old. Plastic pick-up sticks are cheap and bend easily. The wooden sticks don't.
Would I recommend this to others? YES, YES, YES!
Dr. Eugene L. Hirsch