Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Alexa on Mobile GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now FFII_gno

Style Name: Construction Wooden Chunky Puzzle|Change

Showing 1-10 of 215 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 244 reviews
on July 12, 2017
Very cute and seems to be made very well. My 21 month old loves to play with both of these puzzles. Each piece is distinctive so he can match them usually on the first try. Getting the piece in the the each spot is another story, so he has to work sometimes to turn and/or flip the piece to fit correctly. He seems to like the challenge though. He also likes to play with the pieces individually, like pushing the school bus on the floor saying "beep beep". So far the paint has held up and the pieces and board are made from wood.
on February 16, 2017
Such a cute puzzle, perfect for my 2 year old son who is obsessed with heavy equipment. I like that it isn't just a puzzle -- he also takes the trucks and drives them around. Because they are thick wood that are painted all around (back is a solid color), they work well as toy trucks too.
on May 30, 2017
Bought this for my three year old. The puzzle itself is too easy for him, but he loves the trucks. The pieces are chunky enough that he uses them as part of his melissa and doug wooden block set.
on December 16, 2015
This is a great tool for engaging the oil ones and labeling. Its also good for teaching hand eye coordination and simple commands like turn the car around, pick up, put on and clean up time.

I picked up a few of these puzzles and I like that durability of the wood pieces and the strength of the board itself. The images are applied and not painted to the blocks. I've had these for about 14 months and I've seen no lifting or peeling. The twins just turned 3 a few months ago and there were a favorite toy option for them. Sometimes, I had to send them to nap with their favorite pieces.

I have used a damp paper towel to clean stains. I'm more than satisfied. I purchased the farm animals, shapes, and construction sight.
on August 3, 2016
My two year old grandson loved these puzzles. They are nice and sturdy and very colorful. When I received, one of the pieces had paint missing. It didn't really harm the use of the puzzle, but it bothered me. I thought, what the heck...I'll call the company...they were VERY HELPFUL...they couldn't replace just the one piece...so they sent me a whole new puzzle...GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!
on August 16, 2016
We love all of our Melissa and Doug toys. We have over 30 of them for our toddler from play pots and pans, a mop/broom set, tons of puzzles, blocks and so much more. Quality toys for great prices! This one was no different. The thick puzzle pieces were easy for my toddler to pick up. We have had them for months now and they are still in great shape. This puzzle is very durable, and a great price!
on January 5, 2016
We love Melissa and Doug in this house! My three year old daughter has lot's of the wooden play food for her kitchen and it is super durable and has held up really well the last two years. As a mother I love that it's made with wood and not plastic and it's totally non-toxic. I purchased this puzzle for my two year old nephew for Christmas and I scored big auntie points with it! He loved it! He's all boy so he was all about the trucks and the puzzle pieces themselves were nice and thick and fit really well into his small hands. He got a lot of great use out of this! I highly recommend their products!
on February 3, 2016
I've read where some people thought this puzzle had some quality issues but I disagree. My 22 month old grandson absolutely loves this puzzle. Not only does he like putting the pieces in, he uses them as play vehicles. Nicely painted and no rough edges.
on May 30, 2017
Has worked well for my little one, although the "combo pack" had two very sturdy puzzles and one puzzle was thin and did not meet my expectations.
on July 3, 2008
We have several Melissa and Doug chunky puzzles that my son loves, so we ordered this one to add to the collection. Sadly, this particular puzzle (and the dinosaur one) are not the same quality as other puzzles in the series. The older chunky puzzles have an image painted on each piece. Even the back and sides of each piece are painted in primary colors. The newer chunky puzzles are pressed wood cut outs with raw (and somewhat rough) edges and backsides with decals stuck on the front. My son is still teething and sticks everything in his mouth. Within five minutes of opening this puzzle the decals are already coming off. For a product that is supposedly hand made, it is shoddy. Be warned, this is not like the older version of this puzzle!
66 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.