Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Melissa & Doug Deluxe 10-Piece Magnetic Towing Game
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

Size: Licensed Sport Product|Change

on May 13, 2008
Our little guy got this puzzle when he was 23 months. It took some demonstration and help to get the idea of the magnet. When he first started, he finally ended up just placing the magnet on the car, without employing the "dangle method."

Now, at 25 months, this puzzle is a breeze. After a few times, he knew where the cars should go. Now he sometimes just feigns ignorance, giving me a sly look and grin as he places the piece on the wrong spot and croons, "Nooooo."

The addition of the magnet challenge adds interest. We can challenge him to get the blue car, or the pink one, etc. Helps him with his colors.

The recommended minimum age of 3 yrs is, I believe, may be too old. I'd suggest 2 yrs as a good age.
on January 15, 2008
I think this puzzle is adorable, but my kids find it booooring. The string with the magnet is rather long. The younger kids, who usually find wooden puzzles interesting, don't really have the control and eye hand coordination to keep the magnet still enough to catch the pieces. They tried it with a shorter string, but it still wasn't exciting. They did like playing pretend with the crunched cars - but as a puzzle it's a bust.
on January 18, 2012
This towing game is made up of three elements: a colorful wooden board with cutouts, a set of 9 bright cards, and a magnetic tow truck. The magnetic tow trucks is meant to be held over each car until the magnets click and the car is "towed" away.

A fantastic toy for toddlers-- it encourages fine montor skills, coordination, planning/execution skills, and encourages patience and growing focused attention. We love this toy! My little one has gradually learned to sit still and spend more and more time with this game. When we first got it, he was 20 months and would only sit through one of two "tows." Now that he is turning 2, he will sit with delibation and focus on "towing" until the board is complete, and then ask for a repeat.

The only (minor!) issue I have is that the area beneath the cars is not painted or numbered. This makes assembling the toy a little challenging for toddlers. Solutions are to either play the game with your child, or use a marker to number each slot to match the number on the car.

Fantastic game!
on January 31, 2010
Another hit for Melissa & Doug - the magnetic "fishing" toy that is cars rather than fish. Child tries to pick up cars to 'tow' them with the tow truck that has a magnet dangling from it. It looks easy but for a 4 year old it is nicely challenging. The cars are numbered and have different shapes and colors to lots of different games easily happen. Game is easy to store and well made.
on January 17, 2011
This is a great puzzle for kids who love cars. With the colors and numbers it makes for an easy teaching opportunity. The only thing missing is an image behind the cars. Since it is blank it makes it harder for young kids to get the cars back in place. I painted matching numbers behind in the same color as the car. It works great and allows us to focus on the numbers and colors even more.
on July 30, 2012
This is a GREAT toy!! We got it for my 1 yr old's birthday and he LOVES it. It's great for hand/eye coordination and I love that my 4 yr old can also play along by testing his number recognition. A great choice!
on October 9, 2013
My 3 year old is behind on his fine and gross motor skills so we have recently purchase a few toys to help advance him in those areas. He is obsessed with cars ( a trait of his asd) so this helps us keep him focused. He has gotten to the point (with the first week of use) that he can pick up the car's on his own. (a very good skill that he was having a hard time mastering...) This also helps him in crossing his midline by attempting to get each car in numerical order (they aren't in order).. Some people might find that perplexing but it really helps with his coordination.. Overall I love this toy
on August 1, 2014
My son is 2.5 and vehicle and puzzle obsessed so this was just the thing. However, when the puzzle piece is out of the puzzle, there is no image underneath. The cars have such similar shapes and such minor variations along their borders that for him to attempt to put them back in the correct place if more than a few are out is frustrating. Even for me to clean up this puzzle after the fact takes more than a few moments. I solved my own problem by making a color photo copy of the cars, cutting them out, and gluing each one into the correct space. NOW it's a cool puzzle.
on November 8, 2014
I bought this for my granddaughter. The shapes of the cars are very similar to one another so your child will have to learn and remember the board space that the cars go into over time. What I did to remedy this for my 1 year 3 month old granddaughter (at the time of purchase) was I wrote the number corresponding to the car on the board space the puzzle piece went into. I did that with a black magic marker. With our coaching she was able to match up the number on the cars and the number on the board space.
on June 2, 2016
my 3yo son loves the tow track magnet but he gets easily frustrated putting the puzzle back afterwards - shapes are too similar for him and the numbers are not in order, so he does not have enough attention span for all 0 cars to be put back in. We have one with sea creatures where they all are of different shapes and he loves that much more because he can put it back together all by himself.