Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Style: Deluxe Classic Peg Puzzle Bundle|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,272 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,442 reviews
on May 11, 2016
I love this puzzle for my children because it helps them with their alphabet. I don't like that the picture Of the vine and quail because my daughter thinks they are ropes and a bird, which can confuse her. However I believe it can increase her intelligence and broaden her knowledge. Either way I love it.
review image review image
on November 27, 2013
I own the Melissa & Doug safari and undersea puzzles, and these ARE NOT the same quality. They are pretty much just heavy duty cardboard. The fish are already peeling, and the letters are a bit hard to place properly. On top of that the packaging was horrendous. The plastic shrink wrapping got stuck under each little white peg and had to be peeled out, one peg at a time. Some I couldn't even get out so I just left it there. They do however fit nicely in the storage rack (purchased separately). Price was right for 3 puzzles, but if I had known the quality I would probably have gone somewhere else. Just okay.
on December 20, 2016
I want to start by saying that I normally love Melissa&Doug products and have purchased quite a few in the past for my daughter. For the most part they are all good quality....these puzzles do not meet their normal standards and are mediocre at best...

The first one I opened was the numbers puzzle and immediately realized the quality was not that great. The pieces are not all cut very well and even I struggled to get a few pieces into the board (even the ZERO). How is a toddler supposed to do this and not get frustrated?? After a few times of playing with the puzzle I then realized that the stickers pasted to the front of the puzzle are already peeling up around the edges. When my 18 month old realized this she kept messing with the sticker and I eventually had to put the puzzle up to keep it from getting too much worse. I will have to re- paste them down around the edges.
I opened the fish/colors puzzle in hopes it would be a little better put together…but same thing…Peeling up stickers. The cuts seem to be a little better. My daughter is rather good at puzzles and still gets frustrated with these because the cuts are not perfect to fit in the board.
I have not opened the alphabet puzzle as I am sure it will be the same and I don’t want it to get ruined. I will have to wait until my daughter is older to use these I guess….
on September 7, 2016
My 1 year old son loves this puzzle so much that I ordered an entire new puzzle when he lost the X. He would literally drag the completed puzzle to me and point to the missing X over and over with a sad face on. It is colorful and fun with little corresponding pictures under each letter. This has been one of my sons favorite toys for weeks.
on April 4, 2017
I enjoy using these puzzles with my son. I wish the knobs were a little bigger, so they were easier for him to grab, but as he gets older that won't be an issue. He was matching all the colors of the fish puzzle pretty quickly which impressed me and he's getting good at the others as well. The colors do kind of chip off the pieces, but I figure that's normal with toddler toys (I've read some of the earlier Melissa & Doug toys were better made, I dont' have anything to compare them to though so I can't speak to that)
on March 8, 2015
I was very surprised by this puzzle set - very poor quality & not at all what I expected from Melissa & Doug. Many pieces already have stickers coming off, or were broken & glued together when we received them (see picture). Would NOT recommend buying unless you want disappointed kids...
review image
on December 8, 2016
Our 2.5 year old LOVES Melissa and Doug puzzles. He is a fan of the wooden pieces, bright colors and everything. We do wish that the alphabet had more definition to the characters since it is harder to associate a triangle with the letter "A" since the letters aren't fully cut out and there is blank space on the actual piece.
on November 30, 2011
This is a fantastic puzzle, I love the M & D puzzles for my son, he was not into them until he turned two years old, and somehow he seems to be able to put them together right away.. maybe he was watching and listening to me when I was trying to get him interested in them before... Eitherway he enjoys this one alot. I do agree with some other reviewers that some of the images they have that start of with the corresponding letters are weird.... and honestly kind of off-track.. E for Egg is infact a blue egg.... but my 2 year old now knows that its a blue egg.. Q for Quail was strange at first... I had to explain to him that Q is for Quail its a kind of bird... birds have different names... that is way too much explanation for kids this age.... Why didn't they just have a quilt or a Queen... (female with a crown..) V for Vine is fine... but again could have been something like Violin. The choices for these letters are strange however I found that once he knew what these all were it was impressive to know that my son knew what a Quail, a Vine, an Insect was. So whatever really depends if your kid will listen to you and really understand your explanations.

Also this toy is technically for a 3 year old and over (for safety reasons I'm sure) however its silly to say a 2 year old cannot manage the alphabet. My son already speaks well and can carry a conversation in short sentences so to deprive him of puzzles by age is just plain silly, which I imagine is the case for most people. Overall I highly recommend this puzzle but I will definitely look for another one as he loves putting these together. and the new chunky one is just too cool!
on April 13, 2016
I am a speech therapist so finding puzzles like these are a gold mind. They are easy to put together and the colors are quite vibrant. They each have a tiny knob on the puzzle to get a better handle of taking them off and putting them back on. I work with children of all ages and they can't get enough of these puzzles. They are quite effective and fun to do. I like the quality of the puzzles. The wood is sturdy and are not flimsy. I use these everyday and they seem to be holding up very well. The only drawback is that these puzzles are a little pricey and the letter puzzles are a bit small to use with children. If they were a little bit bigger I would give these 5 stars. Overall though this is a great product and I recommend them to use with/for children.
My 29 month old twin grandchildren love these puzzles. They have already learned their colors (from the fish puzzle) and are well on their way to learning their numbers. They haven't tried the ABC puzzle yet.

These wooden Melissa and Doug puzzles are made well (although they would have been nicer if the designs were painted on rather than glued on) and the twins have been playing with them for hours at a time.

They come individually wrapped in plastic and then all three puzzles are shrink wrapped together. The outer shrink wrap can be taken off and the puzzles given out individually if desired.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.