Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 245 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 271 reviews
on November 2, 2015
I bought this for my nephew who was turning 4. I only have girls, and as my last one is 15, I wasn't sure what would be appropriate. I searched on Amazon and decided on this, partly based on the reviews and partly based on the very, very active type of kid he is--one who just happens to love to do crafts whenever his mommy can get him to sit still for more than 5 minutes. I used Amazon Prime (love) to ship it to my lil sweetie since my sister's family lives out of state from me and waited for the results.

It was a huge hit and when I finally got to see it in person when they visited over the summer, much bigger and better put together than I expected. As soon as he opened it on his birthday, I got a call from my sister talling me how awesome it was. A week later I got another call to let me know that by b-i-l had played with it plenty also. It is a great interactive toy, the pieces all stuck really well,and it allows imagination to flow. It is not scary and being able to change up the monster makes it the child's (or adult's) invention. As a puppet it allows another level of play too. Good purchase, and YAY for me, I am now super Auntie Jen!
on September 10, 2017
My niece is super into "scary" things right now, anything scary she wants a pattern on her clothes or a little toy of monsters, spiders, sharks, bugs. She also lives in an apartment with the family so I didn't want to get something that would take up too much space. This was PERFECT! Once she opened it we got a sweet smile and then she proceeded to make 5 different monsters! With each one she went around the living room scaring everyone haha. She can be picky so I think the fact that she loved this toy so much speaks to how great it is. Even some of the adults were having a fun playing with it.
on September 16, 2014
I am very disappointed in this puppet. It's such a cute idea, but there are just too many flaws for it to be worth the purchase price. I bought it for my daughter's 3rd birthday and while she thought it was cute, she wasn't as thrilled as I had hoped. The first time we played with it, I noticed stray neon hairs and fur all over my white comforter and our clothes. We put it back in the plastic case, but there were stray hairs around our house for days. By the time we played with it again, the velcro was wearing out on most of the pieces and the shedding was ridiculous.
on September 5, 2014
Wow - what a toy! My granddaughter loves it. It is colorful, easy to take apart and put together, and very creative.

I played with it for hours before I wrapped it up, and was thrilled to see her eyes when she opened the gift. All the little kids at her party wanted to play with it - but, hey, it comes apart, and they (well some) worked cooperatively to make different puppets!

It was fun watching them.
If you are looking for a fun way to liven up your preschool story times, this is a great choice. This make your own monster gives you limitless possibilities for fun. It's a very muppet-like puppet, so kids automatically feel comfortable with him, and when they learn that sometimes his parts fall off and they can put them back on however they want? Just sit back and watch the fun. All of this monsters parts come off and can be easily re-attached with velcro. Now in the interest of full disclosure, I must reveal that this is probably the fourth version of this puppet that I have purchased in the last five years or so. I use him 4 to 5 times per week, and his parts are constantly coming off and getting jammed back on by lots of little hands. After a while, the puppet body gets a bit too fuzzy and the velcro parts get a bit clogged up and well, things just don't go back together any longer. Such is the nature of velcro. I don't think this would be a problem with normal use, and it's a small price to pay for the fun he brings to story time at the library.

This latest version I received contains a few new parts, all great additions to the monster collection. Remember that this monster is very versatile! It expands creativity and if you're using it with groups, he's just hilarious. A fine offering from Melissa and Doug. Unless I can figure out a way to solve the velcro fuzzy problem, I'll keep buying this puppet. It's still a great deal for all the fun.
on August 3, 2014
Purchased for my 6 year old nephew. The hand puppet and associated parts are nice and colorful. Nicely packaged in a clear reusable storage case. While my 6 year old nephew lost interest in a short time I can still see this as great entertainment for younger puppeteers ages 3-5.
on January 6, 2015
Excellent quality, excellent toy for children of all ages. We grandparents and parents have enjoyed playing with this puppet with the little ones. It is great role play and a great imagination toy. You can make hundreds of different puppets. We LOVE it. This is my second one I've bought, I got this about six years ago for another granddaughter, she also loved this puppet! Highly recommend any Melissa and Doug you! Get two if your little ones don't share well, or even to play together.
on July 31, 2015
This is one ugly puppet. But it is absolutely perfect for my purpose. I got it to use in the makeshift Spanish lessons I do with my son. I have him find all the body parts, we identify them in Spanish and stick them on. For instance the puppet may say, "Estoy triste porque no tengo orejas. Puedo tener mi orejas, por favor?" And he finds the ears and sticks them on. I'd love to find a regular human looking puppet I could do the same thing with. But t works. And it's a really neat way to reinforce a language you don't speak at home. I love Melissa and Doug!
on October 17, 2016
Returned this item because the fur sheds and flies everywhere. The small velcro parts were sticking to everything that they came near more than sticking to the toy. It was more of a nuisance for adults than it was fun for the kidos.
on December 30, 2015
I know some of the reviewers have complained of the parts falling off too easily, but we have not had that issue yet. My guess would be that over time the velcro will get gunked up by fuzz from all of the body parts that can be attached. I do wish the arms could be controlled, like a true puppet, but that would ruin some of the creativity. This is a great toy for kids to play with as they can create their own monster and then have their parent or sibling bring it to life.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.