Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 36 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 45 reviews
My boys love all the M&D stamps they own. We do them as a family making "books" and telling stories with the stamps. We color them in with coloring pencils and it's really fun and creative and relaxing and it's one of the ways I seem to be able to "play" with my kids and truly enjoy the actual activity haha. I might not be cool with action figure play but I WILL have fun doing this with them! I do wish the ink was black though instead of red and blue. Since we color in with coloring pencils we'd rather have a black outline like that of a coloring book. But we just bought a big black ink stamp pad.
My two older kids, ages 4 and 5, really enjoy playing with the two melissa and doug stamp sets we bought. The stamps are good quality, there are lots of them for the price, and there is a nice assortment of designs. More than two stamp pad colors would be nice but for this price I'm ok with it. The stamps are pretty gender neutral but the ink colors are not so maybe a green or brown would be better choices. I know girls usually are the ones to use stamps but boys like craft projects too. The colored pencils are not so great and I'm not sure why they are even included. The kids use their own colored pencils when they feel like coloring the stamps. The stamps come in a nice wooden box but there is no cover on the box which is a shame since it would be nice to be able to use the box and keep them organized rather than have put them in a shoe box.

The kids would be playing with this set several times a week if the ink was washable but it's not. It's not at all. It's as difficult to get out of clothing and hands as pen ink and requires scrubbing with a magic eraser to get it off the table. Washable markers wipe right off the same table with a damp rag. The kids don't care for coloring the stamp with a marker and like the stamp pads but they seldom get to use them because there is no time to cover the table with grocery bags or spend 20 minutes scrubbing ink off. I'm also very concerned they will drop a stamp on the carpet (all our tables have carpet under them) and I won't be able to get it out. It says something that the cleanup involved with school glue and markers is preferable to these. I had always thought of stamps as a 'clean' art project.
on December 31, 2007
My kids love this set, especially my daughter with special needs who absolutely loves animals! It is very sturdy, easy to use, and brings out a lot of creativity in the kids. They enjoy making their own stories and pictures with all the different stamps. They even use them to make "Thank you" notes for all the gifts they receive from other people. I highly recommend this toy. The ONLY thing I think could improve it is if they included a lid on the box to hold all the stamps inside.
on November 7, 2013
I think after this experience I will avoid melissa and doug when possible. This is one of many fun toys I have bought that I thought would be great and fun but the quality has been dreadful. Almost all of the stamps will need to be glued together. The rubber design is disconnected from the wood handle. It's a good thing super glue was invented. So if you don't want to be fixing something before it has even been used I would recommend looking for a different brand.
on December 26, 2011
I had high hopes but I'm disappointed. First, there is one ink pad divided into two colors rather than the two separate ink pads listed in the descriptions and shown in the picture. Second, the ink is so dry that I have to help my son (2.5yrs) get the ink onto the stamp. Then even I can't get the stamp to look good. If you press hard enough to get the whole image to show you also get some of the background. Also the lines aren't a solid color. Within a small section of a line there are dark and light spots. Finally, the stamps are so tightly crammed into the box that my son has trouble getting them out.
on January 7, 2009
We got the stamp set for my daughter for Christmas and she really enjoys it. Lots of different stamp options, and they are all related, so you can create scenes that make sense. House, farm, little animals. The stamp set comes with 2 color stamp pads - red & blue, so it's nice to have those 2 options. And the colored pencils are a nice touch for filling in any "empty" parts once the stamp is stamped on the paper. The stamps are sturdy, and they fit easily when you put them back in the box. No wrestling or squeezing them back in. The only drawback is that you have to lay it flat to prevent the items from falling out. A cover would have been great. But overall I recommend this product! -J.Meyer
on December 27, 2003
I ordered the Deluxe Stamp Set as a stocking gift for Christmas and did not have high expectations, since it was relatively inexpensive. I was pleasantly surprised. The whole set is packaged in a sturdy, reusable, wooden crate. The stamps are very high quality, rendering clean, detailed pictures. The ink was also of good quality, and it was completely washable. The stamps were easy to clean after use. My only criticism is of the colored pencils. There weren't enough colors, they did not work well with the stamps, and they were hard to sharpen. We ended up coloring our pictures with magic markers instead. Overall, though, a great product!
on September 13, 2016
Contained wooden stamps. My granddaughter loved it. Came in a wooden box and made a great gift.
on January 5, 2011
I was expecting this to have 2 separate stamp pads, one in red and one in blue as shown in the picture. I am giving this to my 2 nieces and was excited that they would not have to share the stamp pad. Unfortunately, it arrived with only 1 stamp pad with 1 red side and 1 blue side. I am not happy about this. I am keeping the product anyway because I like the stamp pictures, but will now need to buy a separate stamp pad.
on April 16, 2012
The rubber stamps are sturdy and interesting. They come in three different sizes, and it came with a blue and red ink pad. The ink pads were pretty dry when we received them which is why I'm giving this four stars. The stamps themselves are very well made however, and should last a long time, we will just have to purchase more ink pads.