BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Women's Coat Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on September 13, 2015
This is a great play table for our now three year-old. We've had it since he was about 1.5 years old and it's had a lot of use. He climbs on it and sits on it to play, so it is unexpectedly sturdy and that pleases me. I do wish that it either had more storage or that there was an option to build it without the drawer but that doesn't take away from the quality of the product. The reason I mention that is because we use the space under the table for storage of toys that he's not using and the drawer actually gets in the way of that (our home is 850 sq ft so I maximize every storage opportunity).

Here's what I love about this table though - the easy to lift table top that is divided in half! There's the green side, which kinda bleeds a little when you wipe it down with a wet cloth, but is still a great general play or work surface. Then, there's the unfinished side, which provides endless possibilities to a DIYer with limited space, like myself. I decided that I could make this table even more functional by making two modifications to it. First, my father in law applied chalkboard paint to the unfinished side of one half and then I attached three of the Lego Duplo 15x15 plates to the other half with wood glue. My son loves it even more now and when his baby brother gets big enough, I'm confident that he will enjoy this now multifunction table too! I've shared some pictures so that new buyers can see the potential this table could have.
review image review image
33 comments| 279 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2016
Arrived in super condition. Was not difficult to assemble, but did take two people. It is larger than we expected, but perfect size for our two year old to use his wooden train set, duplo blocks, v-tech tracks, etc. The drawer does not hold much, but there is space underneath where you can put bins or boxes for storage to use the space wisely. This will be a great addition to the playroom for years to come!
on December 14, 2016
I recently bought this table for my three year-old grandson as a place for his Brio train set. The table is the perfect height and seems very sturdy. My only slightly negative comment would be concerning the putting together of the table. If you have purchased this table for Christmas, don't wait until Christmas Eve to put it together. I know others have said it went together quickly and easily, but that was not my experience. I consider myself fairly adept at following directions and simple construction, but this table took me and my adult son almost three hours to put together. Make sure you read through all the instructions first and understand how this little table goes together. Overall though, I am pleased with this purchase.
on February 20, 2017
Received this last weekend. My son loves Thomas the Train and his wooden tracks, but it was becoming a pain always laying them out on the floor and putting them back over and over. This way we can build a nice track and actually leave it out to play. Not to mention that we can sit in a chair to play with him instead of uncomfortably on the floor. This is actually bigger than expected. The drawer is a bit sticky and can be difficult to pull out because it's not on rollers, but no big deal.
on March 29, 2017
I was apprehensive as I ordered this as from the warehouse deals site, and it was not in the original box. When it was delivered, the tape had separated on a few portions of the box, and there was a big tear in the outer box. I opened the box fearing the worst, but all the pieces were in tact, and only one small ding in the wood and it was on the inside facing portion. I began to assemble per the included instructions, made it to step 4 and went to the next page and it started with step 10 (continued). Luckily I was able to find a .pdf version of the instructions for the older version of this table online. The older version did not have the 45 degree pieces to act as corner braces and support for the corners of the top, or the extra bracing for the width of the table, but I was able to figure out where they went and how to attach.
on January 14, 2016
I bought this table for my 2 year old son. He plays with a combination of Thomas trains and the Melissa and Doug train set. It's larger than the other comparable tables and seems durable. My only problem now is my son connects about 30 train cars and gets mad when they can't be pulled around all of the turns. But, that isn't the table's fault. It's doing its job just fine. My teenage daughter assembled it and didn't complain so I doubt it's very hard. I recommend this table for the great number of wooden, interchangeable train sets and many other toys that need to be set up for and reachable by small children!
on November 17, 2016
This play table is perfect! 25 years ago I built a doll house for my girls. Now they are all grownup we resurrected it and are going to rehab the house for my 4 year old granddaughter. Today the table arrived. I will admit to being a bit intimidated when I first saw it. But it wasn't as bad as I thought! I am a 62 year old nurse. Not an engineer by any means. This old Grandmother was able to assemble this entire table by myself in about 2 hours. It looks great and the doll house fits perfectly! A great buy.
on February 17, 2017
My daughters love these tables. Have their farm sets on them and works perfectly. Downside, there is no storage under the tables, except for the small drawer, will be customizing and fixing that, and also the construction could be a little stronger. I was afraid to pick it up and move it into the other room, for fear of the wood pulling apart or breaking. Be gentle.
on August 30, 2014
The quality is great, as expected from Melissa & Doug; but I've been disappointed in the overall design of this table. My 3 daughters have used this table for 9 months, and it's holding up well. So I'm giving it 3 stars for "okay". It's also very large and has plenty of room for 2 kids to have separate activities. But you should consider some factors that I didn't think to consider, before deciding for yourself.

The panels on the top have a small gap all the way around the edge, which allows legos and other small toys and pieces to fall into the gap.

There are also finger holes (about 1" diameter) in each panel and there are no caps included to cover these. So toys fall through all the time.

There's only one drawer, which is a decent size and quality. But this could have been much better with more drawers. Storage underneath is an option, but toy bins have a habit of not staying underneath and also present a messy appearance.

There's no way to put chairs around this and kids must play on their knees. This may be fine for some settings, but I have hardwood floors and my kids don't like to play on it much.

Bottom line: I will be selling this on Craigslist and looking for a table with flush, solid panels, and room for seating.
on December 20, 2014
I misunderstood how this table worked. By the photos it looks like there is a removable green surface that would expose a large storage drawer but in reality it just comes off and exposes the ground. There is only one drawer in the middle which is secure and wont come out. The construction is solid and took me one hour to do myself. I'm sure if you tried hurrying and had a second person you could get it done in 45 minutes or less.

Construction is solid wood or so it appears. Top play surface seems to be some kind of manmade board but its still very sturdy feeling. Paint is strong and everything arrives clean and in good shape.

Table is fairly large and weighs about 55lbs.