Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Melissa & Doug Dress-Up Reusable Sticker Pad
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Sting Shop Outdoor Gift Ideas on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 329 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on December 31, 2011
Pros:
Durable reusable stickers. Held up to my four year old attempting to remove them.
A variety of stickers that a little girly girl loves.
An unbeatable price. Five bucks? Great!

Cons:
Difficult for four year old to remove stickers herself, although it helps considerably to remove the full
surrounding excess "sticker" material.
Difficult to flip between scenes and stickers. We ended up pulling all the scenes out to make it easier.

My MAIN con and reason for removal of stars, though, is the content. I mean, I'm pretty flexible when it comes to gender-based toys, but REALLY! The "scenes" available are
1. pajamas
2. ballerina (although some on this page look like lingere nighties)
3. "dress up"- princess/fairy/hippie/cowgirl/cat
4. BEAUTY PAGEANT.. WHAT!? They even have bathing suits with little sashes across them. Crazy.
5. Bridal party.

My girly-girl dress-up princess LOVES all the dresses, and it's easy enough to remove the ones I actually find inappropriate, but I would love to see Melissa and Doug be a bit more progressive and include more gender neutral choices like fireman/doctor/teacher/scientist. There are so many possiblities!
66 comments| 148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 28, 2012
I originally purchased 4 of these for my granddaughters...ages 6,5,3 and 2. I immediately saw that they would be hard for the younger two to use.The stickers are somewhat tricky to remove for tiny hands as they seem to catch at certain points...since they are reusable there is no backing to peel off but they have to be gently taken out of the sheet. Having said that, the 6 and 5 year old girls had a GREAT time with them. Kind of like the old Colorforms but more durable. Very good for the imagination. They were comparing the outfits they created and even drawing pictures of them. Lots of fun for a quiet afternoon...just keep the littler ones away. Melissa and Doug also make one of these with a house motif...sort of like a dollhouse. They loved that as well.
on February 5, 2013
I have no complaints with the product, stickers are sturdy and my 2.5 year old loves playing with it. The content though is horrendous. Seriously, a beauty pageant and wedding scene? I'm used to all the princess stuff but this was over the top. Can't we have some scenes with kids going to school or playing in the snow or something? Disappointed in Melissa and Doug for this one.
on August 5, 2013
I bought this for my three-year-old daughter to play with during our annual week-long lake vacation. She wanted to play with it on our very first day there and then played with it every single day after that. She did not have much trouble peeling the "stickers" off, and she loved changing the outfits on the girls. I agree with a previous poster about the gloves all being for the right hand. Seems like a design flaw, but not a big deal. The only con I would mention is that once all the stickers are peeled off, it becomes a little bit of a nightmare to keep them organized for re-use. But at this price, I think I might just order a couple more new ones for upcoming vacations. (We have the sticker book where you can decorate rooms in a house as well and this one was played with SO much more than that one.)
on June 4, 2015
I really appreciate the Melissa and Doug toys and crafts for children. They make a well made, safe and reliable product and they also put appropriate ages on each one. That's a huge help and guideline for those buying gifts who maybe don't have children or are unsure of what to buy for a particular age. Since being blessed with two granddaughters, with a third on the way, I really rely on these toys/crafts and have not been disappointed yet. The kids love them. These reusable sticker books can be used over and over. This one is all about dance. They get to dress the dancers in dance costumes and street costumes in various poses and have imagining themselves dancing too. Lots of fun on a rainy day or maybe even a road trip if car seats will allow, as these are larger than normal pads.
on October 8, 2015
Great....my 3 year old granddaughter absolutely loves this. She will play with it for a couple of hours, then play with something else for a few minutes and always comes back to this. I cannot keep count how many times she has dressed the girls and the stickers will stick time and time again. This is probably her favorite toy ever. She is a 'young' 3 and I was surprised at her ability to dress the girl's accurately, be able to return the sticker to the proper place on the sheet and to color coordinate. I easily gave it 5 stars. The quality of the stickers and the 'scenes' is exceptional
on October 7, 2015
This is a fantastic sticker pad for younger children. I prefer these to the other sticker pads that Melissa & Doug make because it's easy for children to put clothes on a doll form. I also tried the habitat one for a child age 6 and she had a difficult time knowing where to put things. The sticker pads that have a "blank" environment canvas and you place stickers, such as animals, cars, or fairies, and furniture was simply too overwhelming. This one is nice because there is less decisions to be made so the child can do this on their own without adult interaction.
on August 1, 2015
My 7 yr old daughter picked this out for her birthday. It arrived fast and in great condition. I worry about items like this getting bent or damaged in shipping, but it was packed carefully.
My daughter absolutely loves this set. The stickers are sticking and peeling off like brand new still, after hours and hours of use. There are many different options for each scene, not just one outfit! The scenes are well colored and the people are posed in such a way as to easily place the outfits.
I would highly recommend this to anyone with a little girl who loves dress up!
on August 2, 2016
Bought these (and another set) for a daughter's friend who was having minor surgery with some recovery time at home. They were a big hit and helpful keeping her occupied while she healed. Lots of other themes. I combined with the Habitats item from the same line for mix and match fun. Melissa & Doug products are always high quality and hold up well under repeated use.
on August 18, 2016
My daughter loves playing with this. The only concern I have is if there are parabens or other chemicals because they are that bendy type of plastic that I've heard can be a concern. I trust this brand but didn't see anything about the type of plastic that is used and whether or not the chemicals can be transferred to the skin like with receipts.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.