Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Melissa & Doug Dress-Up Reusable Sticker Pad
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM

on December 31, 2011
Pros:
Durable reusable stickers. Held up to my four year old attempting to remove them.
A variety of stickers that a little girly girl loves.
An unbeatable price. Five bucks? Great!

Cons:
Difficult for four year old to remove stickers herself, although it helps considerably to remove the full
surrounding excess "sticker" material.
Difficult to flip between scenes and stickers. We ended up pulling all the scenes out to make it easier.

My MAIN con and reason for removal of stars, though, is the content. I mean, I'm pretty flexible when it comes to gender-based toys, but REALLY! The "scenes" available are
1. pajamas
2. ballerina (although some on this page look like lingere nighties)
3. "dress up"- princess/fairy/hippie/cowgirl/cat
4. BEAUTY PAGEANT.. WHAT!? They even have bathing suits with little sashes across them. Crazy.
5. Bridal party.

My girly-girl dress-up princess LOVES all the dresses, and it's easy enough to remove the ones I actually find inappropriate, but I would love to see Melissa and Doug be a bit more progressive and include more gender neutral choices like fireman/doctor/teacher/scientist. There are so many possiblities!
66 comments| 147 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 28, 2012
I originally purchased 4 of these for my granddaughters...ages 6,5,3 and 2. I immediately saw that they would be hard for the younger two to use.The stickers are somewhat tricky to remove for tiny hands as they seem to catch at certain points...since they are reusable there is no backing to peel off but they have to be gently taken out of the sheet. Having said that, the 6 and 5 year old girls had a GREAT time with them. Kind of like the old Colorforms but more durable. Very good for the imagination. They were comparing the outfits they created and even drawing pictures of them. Lots of fun for a quiet afternoon...just keep the littler ones away. Melissa and Doug also make one of these with a house motif...sort of like a dollhouse. They loved that as well.
on December 20, 2012
My daughter received this as a gift, and has spent some hours with it. I like that the clothing stickers are reusable and there are multiple scenes. However, the clothing and scenes are unapologetic stereotyping, and the clothing can not be used on multiple pages as the pictured girls are in different poses. Thus the dresses from one scene all have raised arms, while the arms in another scene are all down. This is frustrating for the small people. In addition the pages began falling out of the binding almost immediately, so the book is now in pieces and it is hard to keep everything together. I would feel better about this toy if the clothing and scenes were more interchangeable, and if there were some less stereotyped clothing options. I wouldn't buy this again.
on February 5, 2013
I have no complaints with the product, stickers are sturdy and my 2.5 year old loves playing with it. The content though is horrendous. Seriously, a beauty pageant and wedding scene? I'm used to all the princess stuff but this was over the top. Can't we have some scenes with kids going to school or playing in the snow or something? Disappointed in Melissa and Doug for this one.
on August 5, 2013
I bought this for my three-year-old daughter to play with during our annual week-long lake vacation. She wanted to play with it on our very first day there and then played with it every single day after that. She did not have much trouble peeling the "stickers" off, and she loved changing the outfits on the girls. I agree with a previous poster about the gloves all being for the right hand. Seems like a design flaw, but not a big deal. The only con I would mention is that once all the stickers are peeled off, it becomes a little bit of a nightmare to keep them organized for re-use. But at this price, I think I might just order a couple more new ones for upcoming vacations. (We have the sticker book where you can decorate rooms in a house as well and this one was played with SO much more than that one.)
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on August 7, 2014
I bought 3 different sets of these sticker pads.....this, the Habitats, and the Vehicles ones for triplets. Luckily the boys started theirs first and were DELIGHTED. The stickers peeled off the "storage pages" PERFECTLY with no effort.

I wish I could say the same for the girl's fashion set. The fashion items are HORRIBLY perforated and nearly impossible to remove, even by Grandma and Her nails. My 8 yr old grand-daughter is just as disappointed and frustrated as her brothers are thrilled with their sets. Seems a defect issue with JUST this set. Always love Doug & Melissa's quality in their stuff & intend to contact them to report this issue.
on November 6, 2014
41/2 yr old granddaughter loves to play with this new take on the old "colorforms" we enjoyed as kids. I've been searching for something like them for years. Still think the old ones with the waxy black boards they came with were more fun. I used to love to put them back on the boards, matching them up so very carefully. It was part of the "experience" for me.
on January 22, 2014
This was a Christmas gift for my granddaughter - she is 4. She loves this set and they take pictures of the scenes she sets up to send me. She loves it.
Just wish the stickers stayed on longer and there were more scenes.
on September 6, 2013
At first, I hesitated to buy this sticker pad because there are so many loose pieces to keep track off. Now that I bought it, I think that worry is no-biggie. If one piece is lost, use another. They are pretty interchangeable; even between scenes.

TIP 1)
- remove white borders and discard for all sticker pages; be careful not to discard some stickers by mistake
- this helps little ones to select and take stickers off page easily; easier for storing them back onto the sticker page afterwards also
TIP 2)
- remove scene pages from the pad
- this eliminates flipping back and forth between stickers and scenes
- keeps sticker pages in pad for ease of storage; loose stickers come off everywhere if you fling the sticker pages
TIP 3)
- bring out one or two scenes at a time
- do not need to overwhelm them; also keep this pad refreshing

Overall, I would recommend this sticker pad for little ones (4yr+) that love to use tons of stickers every day. This pad will save you money. Would stay away from this pad if your little ones (and/or have siblings) that still put things in mouth.

I removed one star because I am not sure of the educational value and the shoes are too plain (need to have more design).
on December 23, 2014
Love these sticker books!!! I bought 2 of these so far and my son liked them so much, I ordered another one for my niece. They are not what I expected as they are not actually "stickers" but I actually like them better. They are similar to window clings and are not sticky at all. They can be removed and replaced over and over and will not tear. The best part is that my 18 month old son can remove and replace these all by himself. I did remove the outer edges of the sticker sheet to make it easier for him though. My son really loves stickers but the sticky ones are one time use and he gets frustrated that he can't remove them once he has stuck them on the paper. This solves that problem. I highly recommend these and am sure I will be buying a lot more. Plus...they are extremely well prices...excellent vlaue!