Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 68 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 75 reviews
on December 31, 2013
I am a huge fan of Melissa & Doug stuff and my children have quite a few of their items. Although this truck is of good quality in regard to the wood I am a little disappointed in the towing feature. The car does not "lock" onto the bed as the description says and within 5 minutes of my 3.5 year old son playing with it he was in tears due to frustration as the car wouldn't stay! I was able to get it to lock if I was very careful but as soon as my son sped off with it the car detached again. Other than that, it is an alright toy but if that is a feature you are looking for it doesn't work very well. I wouldn't buy again as it isn't exceptional in any way but my son does play with it still.
Aww, I'm such a softie. I bought this lil' old greasy tow truck for my 3½ year old on a whim. He's had so much fun with the simple Melisa & Doug semi trucks and farm train, and he's been a huge fan of flatbed tow trucks...

This truck is quite a bit larger in scale than the other Melissa and Doug vehicles we own, and as a result it proved instantly more engaging. The bed of the truck pivots down to meet the floor, so the car can be "hoisted" on (no actual hoist provided -- you'll have to use your imagination), but the bed of the truck has grooves to keep the car from sliding off sideways, and a retractable plastic hook at the head end that latches into the underside of the car. And the car has a catch at both ends, so it can be put on facing either forward or reverse. That may seem like a minor point, but was a major talking point for our son.

Another cute, simple toy from M&D that gets heavy applause from the primary user.
on November 11, 2013
My son has a few other Melissa & Doug products and he loves to play with them. I love that they are wooden and look a lot like toys I played with in my childhood. I ordered him this truck and it lived up to the expectation I have come to have for their products. He loves to push it around the floor making "beep beep" sounds. At 20 months old he is already a big fan of trucks, cars and anything else that has wheels and will GO. This toy is perfect for growing a child's imagination. And I certainly don't think it is limited to little boys, girls would like to play with this too. I feel this will last a while, unlike some of the plastic junk he has. I will be buying other Melissa and Doug products in the future, that's for sure.
on January 15, 2014
I love classic wooden toys and thought this would be great. The first truck's latch would not work and the car wasn't able to hook on to the plastic latch on the flatbed. We shipped it back and requested an exchange. The second truck had a huge break in the seam of the wood on the front of the truck. There was a gap running lengthwise on the front of the truck....kinda like two pieces of wood were glued together and for some reason split apart and warped. We just ended up shipping it back and requesting a refund. I was disappointed.
on September 18, 2014
Hid this truck in a bag and surprised my son with it on the 25 hour plane ride. He loved it. Rolls well and the car can be released by the push of a button (he really likes that). He is only 1.5 years old but figured out quickly how to drive the car up and then truck it away, I like the wood construction (note: some of the mechanics are plastic, so are the wheels)
on May 26, 2014
Our 2 year old loves cars, and this purchase was a real winner. I got it as a non-food item for his Easter basket, and it has easily gotten more use than anything else from the basket. It is a quality wooden truck and car set and has stood up to quite a beating from our very rough toddler. My husband was surprised at just how much playtime these toys have already gotten.
on March 8, 2013
After seeing my car towed (a couple times...) my son was obsessed with tow trucks, and thus the search began. I like this one because it has a hook mechanism to hold the car on, and the flat bed moves up and down. Ours seems to be a bit warped, and the up-down action is a bit stiff, but it still works. My son loves towing the car that came with it as well as all his other vehicles.
on December 4, 2016
very durable. we have had for over a year now and still going strong. with three kids.
on February 8, 2017
Grandson loves these and he can't break these trucks like he has with other toys
on December 8, 2012
I bought this for my two year old grand son but his 5 year old twin siblings are enjoying it as well. What is there NOT to like about M & D wooden toys-especially the trucks? PS I also bought the horse truck, recycling truck and the transporter, love all of them. They are made the way toys used to be made- sturdy and safe.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.