Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Melissa & Doug Best Friends forever Deluxe Magnetic Dress - Up
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on August 29, 2009
I just purchased this set for my 2.5 yr old twins because it had so many dolls to share and play with. They love to dress the dolls and the wood seems very sturdy so far. We have the Maggie Leigh magnetic doll from Melissa & Doug as well. What I don't like about this set is that it comes with a flimsy plastic cover that the dolls sit on top of and the clothes sit underneath the plastic. With the Maggie Leigh- all the pieces fit under the clear sliding plastic groove lid. She is easier to transport and put away. There is no lid for this set! Imagine what I clean up everyday with all these pieces! Melissa & Doug should have designed this set the same way as their others- with a real cover!
on August 14, 2012
I love this thing. It is one of the best toys I've seen in ages. The minute I saw my three-year-old playing with one at my brother's house, I knew what her birthday present was going to be and she does love it. It is easy enough for a kid without major dexterity yet. The figures aren't all blonde or even all white! Good chance one might look at least slightly like your girl. The clothes are also much more modern and nice looking than most similar sets and there is no early sexualization about this. The clothes are real, nice and fun and good for normal people. That said beware. It looks sturdy but the surface is just paper and any moisture or water spilled on it will ruin it. My daughter, who is normally far past the oral stage, put the shoes in her mouth and wrecked them somewhat with her saliva. The surface is paper, not painted on with sturdy paints. That should have been done better. Even without putting them in someone's mouth, moisture will wreck them.
on August 30, 2009
My three-year-old daughter got this present for her birthday and absolutely loves these dolls. The style of the clothes are a little out-dated but my daughter doesn't care about fashion, YET ;) These dolls bring me back to my childhood of playing with paper dolls. I love how durable they are. The box does not come with a lid, I had my husband make one for it and now it is perfect. We LOVE this toy and will be buying more dolls, my daughter thinks there needs to be a daddy doll.
on July 6, 2013
My daughter (5-years old) loves doing dramatic play with these. Her babysitter brought over something similar; however, I like these much better. They are fairly thick and the pieces aren't easily lost. As other reviews have stated, the box needs a cover...
on October 13, 2014
My granddaughter loved them. It reminded me of a much more sophisticated version of the paper dolls that I played with as a child. It allows the imagination to flow freely as well as being lots of fun.
on October 3, 2015
I loved paper dolls as a girl, and now that I am a Grandma got this for my 3 year old grandaughter. The colors are not vibrant, the 'friends' lack visual spark...may be better for a school situation versus at home play. I returned it and found "Frozen" magnetic dress up dolls that has been well liked and played with often.
on March 13, 2011
We love these dolls. They are so cute and nice. They have dresses, shorts, skirts, pants, tops, dresses, shoes... the works. The only thing that I don't like about all of these Melissa and Doug sets is that they come in super nice heavy boxes that only have the plastic wrap on them.... NO cover! I took the set out and store it in a plastic shoe box size container from the dollar store. Shame to not be able to use the nice box that it comes in.
on August 21, 2009
I had paper dolls as a kid, so finding this toy for my niece was delight! She is having all the fun I had as a kid, but this version has no little paper tabs that tear off like in the old days. The funny thing is, my mom (age 57) and sister (age 23) had just as much fun playing with this as my niece (age 3)! Great toy, and another great product from Melissa & Doug.
on March 21, 2012
This is my go to gift for little girls birthday's. I would highly recommend. Nowadays toys are expensive regardless of value and I believe you get a great product for the price that will be long lasting. My 4 year old received this as a gift for her third birthday and she still plays with it a year later. All parts are still as new looking as they were when we received it.
on February 21, 2013
I bought this for a Christmas gift for a 3 yr old. I wish (and the parents) there was a lid/case for this set of dolls. Melissa and Doug make great toys and I would have thought they would have made this more complete! The little girl who got this loves the dolls and enjoys dressing them.