Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 57 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 63 reviews
on April 12, 2017
lots of possibilities
on August 29, 2009
I just purchased this set for my 2.5 yr old twins because it had so many dolls to share and play with. They love to dress the dolls and the wood seems very sturdy so far. We have the Maggie Leigh magnetic doll from Melissa & Doug as well. What I don't like about this set is that it comes with a flimsy plastic cover that the dolls sit on top of and the clothes sit underneath the plastic. With the Maggie Leigh- all the pieces fit under the clear sliding plastic groove lid. She is easier to transport and put away. There is no lid for this set! Imagine what I clean up everyday with all these pieces! Melissa & Doug should have designed this set the same way as their others- with a real cover!
on July 6, 2013
My daughter (5-years old) loves doing dramatic play with these. Her babysitter brought over something similar; however, I like these much better. They are fairly thick and the pieces aren't easily lost. As other reviews have stated, the box needs a cover...
on August 14, 2012
I love this thing. It is one of the best toys I've seen in ages. The minute I saw my three-year-old playing with one at my brother's house, I knew what her birthday present was going to be and she does love it. It is easy enough for a kid without major dexterity yet. The figures aren't all blonde or even all white! Good chance one might look at least slightly like your girl. The clothes are also much more modern and nice looking than most similar sets and there is no early sexualization about this. The clothes are real, nice and fun and good for normal people. That said beware. It looks sturdy but the surface is just paper and any moisture or water spilled on it will ruin it. My daughter, who is normally far past the oral stage, put the shoes in her mouth and wrecked them somewhat with her saliva. The surface is paper, not painted on with sturdy paints. That should have been done better. Even without putting them in someone's mouth, moisture will wreck them.
on August 21, 2009
I had paper dolls as a kid, so finding this toy for my niece was delight! She is having all the fun I had as a kid, but this version has no little paper tabs that tear off like in the old days. The funny thing is, my mom (age 57) and sister (age 23) had just as much fun playing with this as my niece (age 3)! Great toy, and another great product from Melissa & Doug.
on March 6, 2011
This is a nice toy. My daughter loves it. I only wish it came in a closed case for storage.
on September 5, 2012
This item is great because it allows the childs friends to play and interact too! This toy also has an educational quality to it with the several different items that the child can choose from including different colors of shoes, shirts, and pants. I would definately recommend this for girls gift!
on September 28, 2016
I ordered this as a gift for my 3 year old niece. She hasn't opened yet, but I know she will love it. The pieces are big and the magnets are also part wood. The only thing that would scare me around babies, are the shoes. They are the smallest pieces. Other than that, I think it is great toy/learning tool for kids to coordinate, but also use their imaginations. This set is big enough to entertain for quite awhile. Definitely would recommend for toddler girls.
on October 13, 2014
My granddaughter loved them. It reminded me of a much more sophisticated version of the paper dolls that I played with as a child. It allows the imagination to flow freely as well as being lots of fun.
on December 1, 2015
My daughter had these dolls when she was a toddler. She's now almost 9, I purchased a paper doll set for her on a whim while out one day and she's loved it.. So I went back to the wonderful Melissa and Doug magnetic dolls again! Delivered one set yesterday and she and her friends played for hours! Great investment BOTH TIMES! Great product! We have another set on the way too!