Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,003 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,080 reviews
on March 18, 2017
sweet little doll, bought for my 2 year old. a great little, but not too little, size for my 2 yr old! i like the weight of this doll. daughter is very comfortable holding her. pacifier fits better in mouth than other dolls, but is still difficult to keep in mouth for long. and somewhat difficult for 2 yr old to put in alone. glad i chose this one for her.
on March 3, 2015
The baby doll is cute; however, the pacifier is a bit small for a child to play with. Also, the baby doll has a somewhat odd coloring - she looks quite ill, but my granddaughter loves the doll. The odd color gave my daughter and me a good laugh. I did not notice a bad smell as others have posted.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 20, 2013
This is a nice doll, and my 8 month old daughter really likes playing with it.

It's very classic with no bells and whistles

The eyes open/close pretty consistently. The thumb fits into the mouth and stays there.

The pacifier is fine, but I think I lost it after 2 days. I suppose I could find it in a toybin somewhere, but it's the sort of thing that will probably get lost.

The doll body is nicely weighted - not too heavy that it's hard to carry, but heavy enough to give the doll stability. The soft body under the clothing matches the doll's skintone (unlike many dolls, it's not a pure white, but more of a peach).

The clothing is soft and very nice quality.

There is no hair on the baby's head under the hat.

Overall, this doll doesn't appear like it's anything special. It's just classic and really no different than a doll you could have bought 35 years ago too.
on February 1, 2014
I purchased this doll last Christmas for my daughter who was 21 months. I initially was going to buy it for her one year birthday as her first doll because everything about it was perfect--except for the reviews of how she had a weird smell. Well, as the months went on, I just couldn't stop thinking about buying this doll for her Christmas present, and am so glad I did! She does not have any weird odors. She has an adorable face, simple clothing and is perfect for toddlers. My only beef with this doll is that the pacifier is quite small and was lost within a few months. I am not sure if Melissa and Doug changed the doll in the last few years because of bad reviews or some people have SUPER sensitive noses, but this was not a problem with me.
on December 21, 2013
I've been shopping for awhile for just the right baby doll, and some of the stuff they make nowadays is a bit creepy looking, and not something you want to cuddle up with if you're a little kid!

this one, though a little more expensive than others, was well worth the extra money. First, it's not hideous, and the clothing that comes with it is a much better quality than the crappy stuff you find on the ugly dolls...

I think some other people said there was a strong baby powder odor with this doll, though I might be mistaken...I looked at a LOT of dolls....but there was no odor to this one, and I'm glad I bought it. I hope the little girl I bought it for likes it, though, so I may update my review depending on her reaction.
on February 6, 2015
Perfect little doll for a one year old. Hellish packaging. This doll was machine wired to the box in six places. The wire had to be cut. No way could you unwind it. Cutting it in hard to reach places without harming the doll was quite a trick. I kept imagining the horror of my granddaughter watching us trying to free this baby from unnecessary bondage. It was horrible and will keep me from purchasing from this company again. What is the need for so much restraint? Is the doll evil? Is it a bomb? I felt like I was disabling a bomb. Ridiculous. The doll is sweet though and I will give it my granddaughter but thank God I unpackaged it ahead of time.
on January 26, 2016
This little doll is super cute - I just didn't realize how small a 12" baby doll would seem. I bought it for a three year old, but ended up returning it and getting a 14" baby from our local super store for less money. I typically love Melissa and Doug products, and this one was no exception. Well made and adorable, I just felt is was a little overpriced at $20.00. It's hard to find a baby doll that doesn't "do" anything extra - this is a great choice if you're not a bargain hunter.
on March 5, 2015
This is such a cute little doll. I purchased this and a separate set of bottles and baby food items. This doll is the perfect size for my 2 year old and she loves her. She comes with a pacifier and the mouth is interchangeable with the paci or her thumb. I noticed people complaining about the baby scent that was added and she did have a light, pleasant scent. Not at all offensive. My daughter has had this for almost 4 months now and the baby scent is very faint. It was never an issue. She even comes with the cutest little hat. I'm glad I made this purchase.
on April 21, 2015
My granddaughter loves her baby. I love that she is soft where it counts and washable where it counts, she wears basic, modest clothes, and she DOESN'T MAKE ANY NOISE. She's just the right size for a toddler. Her thumb or her pacifier will, indeed, stick in her mouth. I only wish there were accessories one could get to go with her, like a carrier, or bottles (I bought the kind with the disappearing milk), Clothing. I can sew clothes for her but not everyone can. Why is every store stocked with Barbie clothes but not baby doll clothes?
on September 3, 2016
Got this for my 15m old to prepare him for his baby sister... He's obsessed with this baby doll. Very pleased!