Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Melissa & Doug Jenna - 12" Doll
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on September 28, 2011
I gave this doll to my daughter on her first birthday. I picked it because I wanted a doll that was simple and soft, yet realistic and had eyes that open and close. I wasn't too sure that I would like it's size... and sure enough a 12" is pretty small. But for the size of my one-year-old it turned out to be perfect. If she were any bigger, than it would be hard for my little girl to hang on to her, especially with one hand. My daughter responded so cute to this gift. She started kissing this doll and hugging her tight and patting her. I love the smell of this scented doll, as well. I know others were turned off by her scent, but to me it just smells like baby powder-ish and is actually one of my favorite things about this doll. Another thing I love about this choice is her outfit. So many baby dolls come in cheap ugly clothing, but this one comes in a quality-made and adorable little sleeper and hat. When the outfit got dirty, I threw it in the wash and it came out great. (I didn't dry it, because I didn't know if it would shrink.) My daughter loves to pull the little hat off and then try to put it back on. Another plus: The soft body of this doll is peachy-colored to look like skin tones instead of just plain white. The features are just cute. She "sucks" her thumb... a favorite option or her pacifer (not crazy about that feature... especially since my daughter wanted to suck on it, too and it fit ALL the way in her mouth... so that was just put away until she's old enough to understand not to do that). This doll doesn't have any hair that tangles or any electronics, just gorgeous blue eyes, beautiful and sturdy eyelashes, cute toes and enough sweetness to win any girl's heart. I would recommend completely as long as you put up the pacifier, don't mind a scented doll and are happy with a bit smaller size than the average doll. Thank you for reading my review. Looking forward to many happy years with our new little "baby!"
11 comment| 366 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 25, 2012
I was debating between this doll and the Corolle. I was so afraid that the scent would not be pleasant from some reviews. I went ahead and ordered this anyway and am completely happy! Smaller which is perfect for my almost 2 year old, but my son who is 3 loves it too. Sits up nicely which is a plus for the shopping cart we have. Smell is light- like baby powder (I am already sensitive to smell, but being pregnant even more so now). Not sure what others are complaining about. No bad smell on my daughter either from it- I actually expected to deal with some sort of bad smell, but seriously, nothing bad. Also, if I spent $20 more on a doll this small, I would of been upset. Too high of a price tag for a doll of this size- $15 is right on. The You & Me clothes are perfect and the pacifier fits as well (Toys R Us). Baby is a lot cuter than many I have seen and the body is sturdier than most in stores while still being soft. If you like to over investigate like me, save your time and just go for it- nothing to lose for this small of a price tag and free shopping. Wish they had a boy version or another doll that looked different so I could buy more.
22 comments| 153 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 12, 2010
I ordered this baby doll for a 2yr. old little girl I care for and it is absolutely beautiful and she love her so much, she likes her pacifier too! I am ordering another baby doll for my 1 yr. old niece that is visiting from K.C. in a couple of weeks! Just the perfect size to carry around. I also ordered the Feeding set by Melissa and Doug, it also was perfect for this baby.
on March 5, 2015
Whom ever packaged this baby doll has seen way too many Frankenstein movies. This soft little doll was bound around the neck, waist, hands and feet by sadistically twisted AND knotted 15 inch lengths of 18 gauge wire.
These must be the directions the worker was given to package this little doll: Take a 15 inch length of 18 gauge coated wire, fold in half and place around the soft, delicate pink wrist (foot, neck, belly), twist tightly 3 times then thread the wire ends through the two holes in the cardboard inner container. Next thread the wire ends through one of the a hard plastic oblong washers, twist the two wires together tightly 8 to 10 times, fold the twisted wire in half again and twist as tight as humanly possible until a gnarled wire knot is formed. Tuck in the wire tails so it will be almost impossible for customer to find them. Now take 3 feet of sticky, cheap, clear packing tape, cut into short pieces and stick as much tape as you possibly can over the wire knot. Repeat for each appendage as indicated above. Finally, slip the entire inner carton with bound doll into the outer box, close the lid and slap 4 or 5 clear, impossible to see sticky tape dots around the top edge so that it takes customer 5 minutes to just open the lid. All workers are expected to comply with this directive or face severe punishment. It is advised that you imagine the doll to be someone that you truly hate in order to obtain the force needed to twist the wires to the required tightness.
Note to the Customer: Tools required to remove doll from packaging: sharp box cutter, pliers, wire cutters. Time to remove doll from packaging: 30 minutes. It is strongly advised that adult remove the doll from the packaged before ever showing the doll to the child, we are not responsible for tantrums and overwhelming disappointment that will ensue if doll is presented to the child while still in the box.
review image
on April 26, 2012
I purchased this doll for my three year old grandson to help welcome their second baby who is due in a few months. After reading the other reviews, I was a little bit worried that the odor would be overwhelming, but was very pleased that was not the case! In fact, we had no odor at all.

The doll is precious. A nice size for a toddler. The fact that she has closing eyes is adorable. You can lay her down and she is asleep, or sit her up and she is awake. This was a first (and maybe last!) doll for my grandson. He loves the little "baby" but is so taken with his cars (definitely a little boy thing), I'm sure the cars will be getting most of his attention! I wanted him to experience a "baby" before the real baby comes into their home and this is perfect. I also bought the feeding set and he loves feeding her the bottles of milk and juice--all without the mess of the real stuff!

I am very happy with the quality of the doll and would recommend it without reservation for any child.

NOTE: My grandson loves the little baby, even though he plays with his cars more of the time! He put the doll next to his new sister and had a bottle in both of their mouths and said "Look mama, two bottles"............so cute.
on August 8, 2011
I bought this for my baby's 1st birthday. When she opened the package, her eyes lit up. She grabbed the doll and hugged it and it has become one of her favorites. She just likes to carry it around and hold it. The body is soft and lightweight. The smell is a little stronger than just "baby powder" but it's not unbearable like some people have said, but that's just my nose's opinion!
on December 13, 2010
The doll itself is great but it has a VERY strong, unpleasant smell (sort of like baby powder) that is still lingering after 2 weeks. Every time my daughter plays with it, the smell transfers to her. I would not buy this doll again.
22 comments| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 4, 2012
My girls (age 1 and 5) were thrilled when they opened the Amazon package containing this doll. I have never been disappointed with any Melissa and Doug products but this doll has a terrible perfume smell. Even after several washes the smell is not tolerable, especially to my one year old. She wont touch it.
on December 25, 2014
This is a good doll for the price and it was built pretty good. And as you can see the doll is already naked and taking the roughly playing of a toddler
review image
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on August 5, 2014
The smell of this doll is VERY over powering. I am sensitive to smells, and the scent of this doll is so strong that I got a headache that lasted all night. Not sure if I want my baby to suck on it, as she likes to give open mouth kisses to the doll (she is 9 months old). I will try to wash it, and hopefully can remove the smell. I just hope it is a non toxic perfume.