Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 STEM Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Shop Popular Services Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 335 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 386 reviews
on June 15, 2008
My 2 1/2 year old doesn't get enough of this toy. He loves to change to outfits and will stay entertained for anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes playing (a long time for this age group). Joey is a great addition so that little boys can play with dress up dolls without having to use girl figures, and he also enjoys the different costumes and pretends with us each character. For the price it is great. The only thing is that if he drools on it, the paper becomes soggy so be careful if your child is a drooler.
22 comments| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 18, 2017
Great to see a product using boys for dress-up. However I wish Melissa & Doug would provide a top or case for their products. I have to store the pieces in a plastic zip-lock bag. I would pay more for one with storage.
on December 22, 2010
I bought this for a relative to give my daughter for Christmas and she loves it! She has some of the other Melissa and Doug magnetic dress-up sets and loves those too but is really a tomboy at heart so this is right up her alley. This toy builds fine motor skills and allows the child to be creative at the same time. The parts seem to be durable too.

My only gripe is that there is no 'lid' for the box they come in. After you take off the plastic packaging the top is just open and able to be spilled easily. I've not found a better way to easily store them with all of their pieces in an organized fashion, especially when you have more than one set.

Overall a great toy though! They are really like a modern-day, more durable version of paper dolls.
on February 28, 2017
We love this set. My son enjoys playing dress-up with his sister, and loves her magnetic princess dolls, and also loves to carefully set out and then put on his clothes in the morning. I thought this would be a fun toy for him, and I greatly underestimated how much he would love it. He would take it everywhere if he could. We have lost a piece already, and part of the reason is because the set is poorly packaged. There is no good storage option other than to take it out of its beautiful wooden box and place it in something that actually closes. What you see is what you get - there is no functional cover on this box. It is wrapped in plastic, and as soon as that's removed, that's it. But that is my only complaint about this toy! The pieces are well-made, and durable. The magnets are strong. We have had no problem getting them to stick and stay, even during vigorous play time. Because all the "shirts" are different sizes, as well as all the pants and shoes, it's difficult to impossible to mix and match certain outfits - your only option really is to put the outfits on as shown, with a few exceptions.
on March 27, 2012
I purchased this item over a year ago and it's still in fabulous condition...with the exception of one piece. My Yorkie played a big role in that though, so it has nothing to do with the product itself. Haha! My 4 year old son has definitely loved this toy and has yet to become bored with it. His precious imagination soars with this toy. He dresses up the magnetic character in the super hero suit and flies him all over the house. Next, he dresses him up in the knight armor and is battling with the enemy!

This toy is extremely durable. I haven't had any problems with breakage, or chipping, etc.

I would definitely recommend this and all other Melissa & Doug products to anyone seeking a toy that will encourage imaginative play.
on March 20, 2014
I got this for my 2.5 year old son because they have similar toys at his preschool and I liked the concept. He played with it off and on for a while but hasn't touched it in a long time. It just didn't hold his interest for long. Also, I don't like that you can't mix and match all of the pieces of all of the outfits - which my son was attempting to do and getting frustrated because he couldn't. He even tried to add boots to the outside of pants and the magnet of course isn't strong enough to attach two layers to the man. It's a well-made toy but I don't think it allows for enough creativity.
on November 30, 2009
My two sons (ages 1.5 and 3.5) both love this toy. My 3.5 year old has been playing with it for 20 minutes at a time, putting on different matching outfits (fireman, police officer, etc.) He loves to dress the toy up as a character and then to bring it and show it to us.
His younger sibling also likes it and is able to put on bigger items on it - a vest or a hat for example. He doesn't mouth toys or small things so we're not too concerned, but we still try to watch him when he plays with it since some clothing items like boots or a mask are very small and could be swallowed by a toddler.
on August 18, 2013
My Grandson loved this as well as the girls! They gave Me their orders as to what One's They wanted,One a Princess,& Than the the 2-girl's dress up!They are so great! My daughter was amazed at HOW WELL They are Made! I Love Doug & Melissa's items! They are not that costly For what You Get! My only problems IS I wish They would make a better box to keep the clothes & Dolls in ?The Box They come in are too easy for the small parts to fall out & Get lost!Even a shoes box? I still love These so Much I ordered More ,That's why I didn't take Stars away!
on November 27, 2013
My son loves being able to dress up Joey in different costumes. And the costumes are ones that a boy would like - firefighter, superhero, knight, pirate, police officer and construction worker. He plays pretend games after dressing them in the chosen outfit. He used to play with his sister's girl dress up, but big sis wasn't happy with that. Now that he has his own, they play together. Him with his, and her with hers. It's a good arrangement for everyone, especially mom when they entertain one another for hours!
on November 28, 2011
Love this, would have been 5 stars if the little man stood up better. It's hard to dress him standing up, and to keep him standing. The stand provided is fine, its just not wide enough and hard for my toddler to use. (he is nearly 3) He got a bit frustrated, but I just hid the stand and he is content to dress him lying down.
This is great for the car, we have a tray that straps to the carseat, and has a raised edge that prevents pieces from sliding off. Fun toy!