Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 16, 2017
It frustrated my 3 year old that you couldn't mix and match the clothes to make a "funny" outfit. The firefighter pants only fit with firefighter boots and shirt, same with the pirate and cop. Would not buy again.
on June 5, 2016
Great toy for boys and girls who like to dress up dolls. There are some small pieces so you need to keep away from kids who may put things in their mouth.
on December 29, 2014
We bought two of the princess magnetic dress up figures for our two girls and then I saw Joey. Perfect for my four year old son! He now play with the girls and Joey is the one they call on when anything is wrong! After all, he's a policeman/fireman/super-hero/knight/builder! And, when he feels like causing his princess-lovin-sisters distress, he can also be a pirate! My son loves Joey. He's durable, his outfits are perfect for a little boy's imagination, and there's nothing bad to say about the toy at all!

Now, if only we could convince the company to put this toy in an actual box with a lid....
on March 20, 2014
I got this for my 2.5 year old son because they have similar toys at his preschool and I liked the concept. He played with it off and on for a while but hasn't touched it in a long time. It just didn't hold his interest for long. Also, I don't like that you can't mix and match all of the pieces of all of the outfits - which my son was attempting to do and getting frustrated because he couldn't. He even tried to add boots to the outside of pants and the magnet of course isn't strong enough to attach two layers to the man. It's a well-made toy but I don't think it allows for enough creativity.
on March 27, 2012
I purchased this item over a year ago and it's still in fabulous condition...with the exception of one piece. My Yorkie played a big role in that though, so it has nothing to do with the product itself. Haha! My 4 year old son has definitely loved this toy and has yet to become bored with it. His precious imagination soars with this toy. He dresses up the magnetic character in the super hero suit and flies him all over the house. Next, he dresses him up in the knight armor and is battling with the enemy!

This toy is extremely durable. I haven't had any problems with breakage, or chipping, etc.

I would definitely recommend this and all other Melissa & Doug products to anyone seeking a toy that will encourage imaginative play.
on May 23, 2016
This is one of my favorite Melissa & Doug toys! I love that Melissa & Doug offer a boy themed magnetic dress-up toy! Most companies and stores seem to only offer these toys for girls. I think that dress-up is an important part of play for any child regardless of gender! My son loved playing with his "Joey"! I kept all of the pieces in a little basket for him and he enjoyed picking out outfits and dressing Joey. His favorite was the knight outfit, of course! This toy held up well and remained in good condition for us. Melissa & Doug is such a wonderful brand and I highly recommend this toy for boys and girls alike!
on August 18, 2013
My Grandson loved this as well as the girls! They gave Me their orders as to what One's They wanted,One a Princess,& Than the the 2-girl's dress up!They are so great! My daughter was amazed at HOW WELL They are Made! I Love Doug & Melissa's items! They are not that costly For what You Get! My only problems IS I wish They would make a better box to keep the clothes & Dolls in ?The Box They come in are too easy for the small parts to fall out & Get lost!Even a shoes box? I still love These so Much I ordered More ,That's why I didn't take Stars away!
on June 15, 2008
My 2 1/2 year old doesn't get enough of this toy. He loves to change to outfits and will stay entertained for anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes playing (a long time for this age group). Joey is a great addition so that little boys can play with dress up dolls without having to use girl figures, and he also enjoys the different costumes and pretends with us each character. For the price it is great. The only thing is that if he drools on it, the paper becomes soggy so be careful if your child is a drooler.
22 comments| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2009
My two sons (ages 1.5 and 3.5) both love this toy. My 3.5 year old has been playing with it for 20 minutes at a time, putting on different matching outfits (fireman, police officer, etc.) He loves to dress the toy up as a character and then to bring it and show it to us.
His younger sibling also likes it and is able to put on bigger items on it - a vest or a hat for example. He doesn't mouth toys or small things so we're not too concerned, but we still try to watch him when he plays with it since some clothing items like boots or a mask are very small and could be swallowed by a toddler.
on November 27, 2013
My son loves being able to dress up Joey in different costumes. And the costumes are ones that a boy would like - firefighter, superhero, knight, pirate, police officer and construction worker. He plays pretend games after dressing them in the chosen outfit. He used to play with his sister's girl dress up, but big sis wasn't happy with that. Now that he has his own, they play together. Him with his, and her with hers. It's a good arrangement for everyone, especially mom when they entertain one another for hours!