Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 196 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 215 reviews
Think it had been my mother who'd originally purchased this jumbo coloring pad for our oldest grandson a couple of years ago, knowing how creatively bent he is - he liked coloring the various figures so much, but I think what he enjoyed more was making his own creations on the back of each page, which is blank --- I LOVE that they left the back sides blank, and that this is such nice, premium bond paper... SO much better than the typical thin sheets of a coloring book, with images printed on both side and paper that not only tears easily, but is sometimes so thin you can even see the images of the opposite side!

That's the trouble with ordering things like this sight-unseen,.. you're just never sure of the quality. But I can assure you that the quality of the paper is so excellent that our grandson can even use markers on one side and it doesn't bleed through to the other - I was pretty impressed by that, so while this may be 50 sheets, you get double duty out of both (and with our grandson's terrific imagination, there's no end to the make believe animals, crazy human figures, mazes, etc. that he comes up with on the blank pages - I'm a firm believer (passed down from my own mother, who needed to employ ALL of her imaginative skills figuring out how to keep a brood of ten children occupied and out of her hair long enough to be able to fix dinner!) that giving a child some crayons, markers and stencils and letting them "go at it" is a terrific way for them to explore their own creativity (especially when you heap on the praise for their efforts!)

The designed pages are quite, quite nice,,, not just a big picture of a single item - LOTS of detail work on each page, which makes this pad fun for WELL beyond 3 years old - our grandson's now 7, much more into the fine details now than he used to be... in the old days, he'd focus on the larger items on the page while I filled in the details, but now it's usually reversed! The vehicles included are a fire truck, ambulance, police car, police motorcycle, old-fashioned type train, modernized bullet train, race cars, sports car, 18-wheeler, garbage truck, monster truck, helicopter, plane, and a military jet, as well as many construction vehicles - dump truck, a couple of bulldozer pictures, a backhoe, and a tractor. There are sports-themed pages featuring baseball, soccer, basketball, football and karate. Several dinos - brontosaurus, tyrannosaurus, stegosaurus, triceratops, and a pteranodon - and other animals including elephants, gorilla, rhino, lion, tiger, crocodile, eagle, penguins, chameleon, frog, snake. spider and shark. There are a few medieval themed pages (a dragon, castle, knight), a few pages of pirate themes (pirate, treasure chest, ship), and the remaining couple are a cowboy riding a bucking bronco, and an astronaut/spaceship, Really a nice selection of pictures to cover a range of interests!

I still have his multi-colored shark picture hanging on the fridge, and my husband actually purchased a FRAME for the football picture he and our grandson colored together... it was so funny, because when they were deciding which picture to color, he stopped at the one with a couple of football players, one of whom is sporting the number "14". He exclaimed, "Here, Grandpa! Let's do this one... it has Pete Rose!" (Even though he had the wrong sport, he knew his grandpa was a diehard Pete Rose fan, and I don't think that picture will ever be removed from my husband's "man-cave"!)
on August 2, 2014
These are great pads, and good value for money The illustrations are bright and clear, and with each being on one sheet of A3 paper there is plenty for your little one to colour.

The pad has a great range of pictures, trucks, dinos, dragons, plans and wild animals, that there is sure to be something in there for your budding artist.

The paper is good quality which means pens and crayons can be used without issue It also has the added bonus that you can use both sides which is especially useful if you are using these out and about. Each picture also has a space so the artists name can be written in which is a wonderful touch

You can easily remove only one page without removing the others which is really usefully for us as our son is only young and would draw on all the pages in one go

Another excellent Melissa and Doug product
on August 6, 2011
My 4 year old grandson is pretty typical in that he enjoys coloring. I have noticed he has no interest in coloring books, preferring a blank page. While I like the creativity blank paper allows, I also know that learning to color within the lines helps to develop fine motor skills needed for writing. I took a chance on this set of pictures, although the reputation of Melissa and Doug as well as the reviews did help me make my choice. I got the pictures out yesterday and showed them to the little guy. He immediately pick out a picture of race cars (a current interest) and went to work. I quickly found out that coloring within the lines is a foreign concept to him. He was very proud of his creation and told his dad that he had made it for him and asked if he would take it to work. My daughter is going to be delivering twins within the next week. I think these pictures will be something she can use with him, encouraging him to color in the lines, while feeding the little brothers. I am glad he was interested in this set, while he showed no interest in regular coloring books. I think the large size helps.
on September 2, 2017
I had bought an animal jumbo book some 2 years back. It got over so I got this one and it is just so good. My son prefers painting and it gives him enough space to use his brush well and the paper doesn't tear while wet. Extremely good and very satisfied with the purchase.
on May 7, 2017
lots of variety and very nice quality and worth the price. I bought this for my granddaughter who is five, will see what she takes an interest in
on October 31, 2009
My son just turned three, and loves this coloring book. Great pictures to color, nice, sturdy pages and it can be laid down flat on a table unlike some of the smaller but thicker books out there. The pages can also be easly torn out if my son wants to hang one on Grandma's fridge. This is my second Melissa and Doug coloring book, and we're definitely enjoying them!
on June 12, 2017
My son loves this coloring book! The pictures are so nice and big without a ton of detail to color. He is 4 and this was perfect for him!
on December 21, 2013
Got this for my son for Christmas. He gets jealous of my daughters large Melissa and Doug coloring book. He is 3 now and although he prefers to draw than color at this stage, I think he will love having his own cool coloring book. The larger pictures are great for the 3 to 5 set that are beginning to master the concept of coloring areas, staying in lines, and coordinating colors, and learning their colors. Heck, I love coloring the pictures. My daughter and I often split a page, she colors one side and I do the other. It's great it's big enough to do that easily. Very fun coloring books that I will buy over and over for my kids. They last and last, there's so many pages.
on May 18, 2013
I almost never give a 5 star review to anything, but on this item absolutely. My little African granddaughter calls me Bibi Kitabu, which translates to Grandma Book! I have brought her many gifts in the past, but this book is her favorite. She hauls it around--half as big as she is-- and with one crayon in each hand plops down wherever and proceeds to name the picture she will color and the one any one around will color. She is in absolute ecstasy when she has her book, a crayon and anyone nearby to show it to. I cannot say if some of her joy is that there is not anything like this book in her town; however, she is a middle class child with many people who adore her and shower her with gifts. This book however is her favorite and I plan to take another back to her.
on July 28, 2017