Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Paul McCartney Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 159 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 194 reviews
on January 11, 2008
I am very pleased with this product. I bought one for my daughter (3 years old) and one for my niece (also 3 years old) for Christmas.
The doll itself is very easy to hold. It is very sturdy and durable. The wooden stand that comes with her is great - it creates a very sturdy base for standing the doll upright.
The doll came with quite a few clothing items. There are some smaller pieces (the shoes), but nothing is super tiny. It is all very easy for my 3 year old to hold and handle all on her own with out my help. The magnets are perfect! They are strong enough to hold the clothes so that they do not slide down when you stand the doll up (a problem we had on a Disney set) but they aren't so strong that she isn't able to remove the clothes. The magnets are not exposed and don't appear to be able to come off in any way.
The only thing I would change is that it doesn't have a cover or a case. I wish it was self-containable. My daughter and I are always very careful to store it on top of her dresser so that we don't dump it out and lose any of the clothes.
on December 28, 2012
Overall I'm happy with it. It's nice and chunky and easy for little hands to grasp. The only change I would make is the packaging. The box is pretty with separated slots. However there is no lid. So any time my daughter pulls it off the shelf, it all goes on the floor. Also, the compartments dont really allow you to sort out by item, such as all tops in one place, etc. Also, I'd like to see some pajamas in there!
on June 22, 2011
Our soon to be four year old picked out this magnetic doll for her cousin's second birthday. I wasn't sure the gift was age appropriate, but I think it's working out quite well. For now, the doll is a fun amusement whose clothes can be easily changed, etc. In fact, it's much easier to change than a regular doll. Both of my girls (2 and 4) would love to play with this, so it made a fun gift.
on November 2, 2012
Loved the idea of this magnetic dress up as it was easy to add and change the clothes without the struggles of actually putting clothes on and off the real baby dolls. Bought this for two girls ages 3 and 5 at the time and they both loved it. Comes with a little box to keep the items, but inevetibably the parts get misplaced, which is not a big surprise. The girls' love to play with the toy and the magnets turn up eventually. Fun, simple and entertaining. Also good for in the car because the magnets stick and don't fly all over the place.
on August 24, 2016
Very disappointed by the quality of this item. My 4 year old I watch always wants Pasta so I thought this would be perfect, however the box flaps ripped first time she tried to open it. Toy only lasted 2 min before getting broken. Wish they would either use plastic boxes with velcro or that material books are made out of that don't tear. Also the pasta being felt means they are going to get dirty quick, I thought they were plastic for easy cleaning.. so bummed.
on February 18, 2015
Bought it as a gift. She enjoyed it.
on April 1, 2015
I'm giving this two stars because it comes with small shoe pieces that, in my opinion, even for a three year old, pose a serious choking hazard. I realize three year olds are pretty much last the oral stage, but still. I think it's dangerous. I threw the shoes away.
on June 26, 2015
I bought this for my daughter 7 years ago. Yup! I bought it 7 years ago, it still looks great, and we still use it. My oldest daughter (10 years) isn't interested in it anymore, but I have a 5 year old who brings it out. I also keep it in my home studio for when kids come over. Even older children like it (probably because it's new to them). They love changing the dolls outfits. The quality is great (as with most anything Melissa & Doug makes). My only suggestion is encourage play away from other little toys (we've lost a couple of the shoes over the years), and don't give it to a child who puts things in their mouth. The storage box is great, fits everything nicely and can stack nicely among puzzles and the like. I definitely recommend.
review image review image
on October 17, 2008
Good value for the money. I bought it for my 2 year old granddaughter and she is a little young for it (she loves it though!), she has to be supervised while playing with it or a small piece ends up in her mouth. I have put it away for awhile until she is a little older. Should be perfect for a three year old. It is annoying that there is no cover for it.
on July 18, 2008
My 2 yr old is interested in dressing dolls, so this is a good first "paper" doll. Pieces are large and easy to handle, magnets work well. I wish the nice wooden box had a top for easy storage (I'm thinking of making one out of cardboard), and I wish the clothes were painted on for better durability (the clothes are paper that is pasted on the wood).