Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 162 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 198 reviews
on June 26, 2015
I bought this for my daughter 7 years ago. Yup! I bought it 7 years ago, it still looks great, and we still use it. My oldest daughter (10 years) isn't interested in it anymore, but I have a 5 year old who brings it out. I also keep it in my home studio for when kids come over. Even older children like it (probably because it's new to them). They love changing the dolls outfits. The quality is great (as with most anything Melissa & Doug makes). My only suggestion is encourage play away from other little toys (we've lost a couple of the shoes over the years), and don't give it to a child who puts things in their mouth. The storage box is great, fits everything nicely and can stack nicely among puzzles and the like. I definitely recommend.
review image review image
on May 16, 2016
This was purchased along with a "Joey" magnetic dress up doll for my 3 year old son. He has fun playing with it. I like that Maggie's clothes are not all just pink and purple.

The magnets attach well. Although the storage box is very sturdy, I docked a star because there is no lid to the box and the stand for the doll can't really be used while my son is changing the clothes. When he's actually playing with it, the doll has to be placed flat on the table otherwise the doll falls over when he changes the clothes. Also, it would have been nice if the clothes on the other Melissa and Doug magnetic dress up dolls were all interchangeable. However, the clothes of Maggie and Joey work interchangeably well enough for a 3 year old little boy.

Overall, it is a fun and good quality toy with durable magnetic clothes.
on November 28, 2011
We've had this toy for about 6 months. At first, it got only a little bit of play time, but over the last couple of months it's developed into a toy my 31 month old daughter plays with nearly everyday. There are lots of different outfits, and the doll and clothes are sturdy. My daughter likes to tuck Maggie in every night in the box with a small handkerchief.

There are two cons. One almost every other reviewer has mentioned: no lid on the box. I can't understand why a lid isn't included. It would make storage so much easier. The second con may only relate to my daughter, but it causes MUCH frustration for her so I thought I'd mention it anyway. Her favorite color is blue, so Maggie is almost always wearing the blue sweater with the blue jeans. In this configuration, putting any pair of shoes on her doesn't work very well - unless you are ok with the shoes resting below the feet, or the sweater covering Maggie's mouth and not her elbows (my daughter isn't). Even with the other two long sleeve shirts and the bluejeans, only the blue sandals will work, the other shoes are too tall. Anyway, hopefully you can see why this is frustrating for a 2 year old.

Still a fun toy, hence 4 stars.
on May 10, 2017
My toddler LOVES it. Plays with it EVEYDAY! It was a score. Only criticism about the product---someone else mentioned it and it sounded so insignificant before I bought it, but ended up be a big deal to a 2 year old-- is the shoe/sock combo doesn't go with most of the outfits and it creates frustration. Weird, but others have said the same. I guess I am really mentioning this for the manufacturers. She works around it, but everyday she has some issue with it😀
on April 19, 2017
This was purchased as a gift for a three ear old. It was a quality product for a good price and the recipient seems to enjoy using it!
on July 21, 2016
My 2 year old likes this item. The only thing I would change about it is the box. It would be nice to have a box with a lid (such as the box that holds the Melissa and Doug magnetic letters) so that the pieces don't fall out when it is not in use.
on August 18, 2013
I am writing another excellent review On Melissa & Doug's products! This time It is the Dress-up for Maggie Leigh ! The way these are made They are so easy to play with (especially their Little hands) It is so clever & although the Paper-Dolls in the Books that You cut out were Cheaper The also fall apart so quick! So Disappointing :- ( ... These are great,You do not get the color coming out on their hands & It is Fun to watch Them as They use Their "imaginations"to change their outfits..I would make a small suggestion ! The boxes They come are in are not deep enough to store all the pieces in the sets.Even something like a child's size Shoes Box would work ! it's very easy for little fingers to lose the plastic cover You have Now!
on January 11, 2008
I am very pleased with this product. I bought one for my daughter (3 years old) and one for my niece (also 3 years old) for Christmas.
The doll itself is very easy to hold. It is very sturdy and durable. The wooden stand that comes with her is great - it creates a very sturdy base for standing the doll upright.
The doll came with quite a few clothing items. There are some smaller pieces (the shoes), but nothing is super tiny. It is all very easy for my 3 year old to hold and handle all on her own with out my help. The magnets are perfect! They are strong enough to hold the clothes so that they do not slide down when you stand the doll up (a problem we had on a Disney set) but they aren't so strong that she isn't able to remove the clothes. The magnets are not exposed and don't appear to be able to come off in any way.
The only thing I would change is that it doesn't have a cover or a case. I wish it was self-containable. My daughter and I are always very careful to store it on top of her dresser so that we don't dump it out and lose any of the clothes.
on April 6, 2017
Fun for Child!
on October 30, 2013
Maggie and her wardrobe are durable enough to be manhandled by small fingers and the perfect way to teach toddlers about clothes. You can teach toddlers the names of the clothing pieces, but you can also talk about what to wear if it's cold or warm, etc. Maggie has a stand, too. The tray that holds everything has dividers so you can sort shoes from tops/bottoms from dresses. The only way they could have improved this is to provide a lid to the tray - which is quite sturdy. But you can always find another small box or tin to keep everything together. You could buy dozens of paper dolls to do the job one Maggie does! Also available for boys!