Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 168 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 204 reviews
on June 26, 2015
I bought this for my daughter 7 years ago. Yup! I bought it 7 years ago, it still looks great, and we still use it. My oldest daughter (10 years) isn't interested in it anymore, but I have a 5 year old who brings it out. I also keep it in my home studio for when kids come over. Even older children like it (probably because it's new to them). They love changing the dolls outfits. The quality is great (as with most anything Melissa & Doug makes). My only suggestion is encourage play away from other little toys (we've lost a couple of the shoes over the years), and don't give it to a child who puts things in their mouth. The storage box is great, fits everything nicely and can stack nicely among puzzles and the like. I definitely recommend.
review image review image
on May 16, 2016
This was purchased along with a "Joey" magnetic dress up doll for my 3 year old son. He has fun playing with it. I like that Maggie's clothes are not all just pink and purple.

The magnets attach well. Although the storage box is very sturdy, I docked a star because there is no lid to the box and the stand for the doll can't really be used while my son is changing the clothes. When he's actually playing with it, the doll has to be placed flat on the table otherwise the doll falls over when he changes the clothes. Also, it would have been nice if the clothes on the other Melissa and Doug magnetic dress up dolls were all interchangeable. However, the clothes of Maggie and Joey work interchangeably well enough for a 3 year old little boy.

Overall, it is a fun and good quality toy with durable magnetic clothes.
on November 28, 2011
We've had this toy for about 6 months. At first, it got only a little bit of play time, but over the last couple of months it's developed into a toy my 31 month old daughter plays with nearly everyday. There are lots of different outfits, and the doll and clothes are sturdy. My daughter likes to tuck Maggie in every night in the box with a small handkerchief.

There are two cons. One almost every other reviewer has mentioned: no lid on the box. I can't understand why a lid isn't included. It would make storage so much easier. The second con may only relate to my daughter, but it causes MUCH frustration for her so I thought I'd mention it anyway. Her favorite color is blue, so Maggie is almost always wearing the blue sweater with the blue jeans. In this configuration, putting any pair of shoes on her doesn't work very well - unless you are ok with the shoes resting below the feet, or the sweater covering Maggie's mouth and not her elbows (my daughter isn't). Even with the other two long sleeve shirts and the bluejeans, only the blue sandals will work, the other shoes are too tall. Anyway, hopefully you can see why this is frustrating for a 2 year old.

Still a fun toy, hence 4 stars.
on November 16, 2016
Just started playing with this (Christmas gift)..pieces are horrible with stickers already peeling off the wood...I had heard Melissa and Doug products were going down in quality and now first hand see that it's true...don't waste your money on this brand... It's now the same as any other.
on May 10, 2017
My toddler LOVES it. Plays with it EVEYDAY! It was a score. Only criticism about the product---someone else mentioned it and it sounded so insignificant before I bought it, but ended up be a big deal to a 2 year old-- is the shoe/sock combo doesn't go with most of the outfits and it creates frustration. Weird, but others have said the same. I guess I am really mentioning this for the manufacturers. She works around it, but everyday she has some issue with it😀
on June 5, 2017
This is really cute. Only wish the doll was also magnet so our granddaughter could use the whole set on her magnetic chalkboard
on June 7, 2017
Would be wonderful if the pieces would work on a refrigerator door.
on April 19, 2017
This was purchased as a gift for a three ear old. It was a quality product for a good price and the recipient seems to enjoy using it!
on July 21, 2016
My 2 year old likes this item. The only thing I would change about it is the box. It would be nice to have a box with a lid (such as the box that holds the Melissa and Doug magnetic letters) so that the pieces don't fall out when it is not in use.
on July 13, 2017
Was a perfect birthday gift for a 2 year old niece!