Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 428 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 484 reviews
on November 3, 2015
Bought this for a little guy who turned 4. Just so happens that there are 4 cars and they are numbered. He decided he wanted a pic holding the 4 car. He played with this for a long time even with other cars.

For little guys who love cars, this is a great gift. Sometimes the arm is awkward to move but it doesn't hinder the fun at all, just takes some getting used to learning to turn and move it.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 23, 2016
We bought this for a neighbor’s 3-year old and he really, really enjoys it! It’s very simple - the carrier and cars are made from single blocks of wood and there very little that can go wrong with them. This really is a modern version of an old-fashioned wooden toy.

The design is well thought out - the cars are simple and brightly painted and there are very few moving parts to break or malfunction. The car crane easily moves around and it’s a simple matter for the child to pick up and release the cars in and out of the carrier. It really is a good way to help a kid develop a little hand-eye coordination and get a start in recognizing numbers and colors.

Overall, a really good wooden toy and will probably be a classic.
on January 14, 2017
Melissa and Doug make the toys I WANT TO GET for my grand children. The quality, design, safety, teaching moments, and just plain FUN of their products make them beyond worthwhile. Amazon has not been beaten for Pricing on these generally "more spendy" toys. Not on AMAZON, though!! Affordable, gorgeous, inventive, and pretty much indestructible toys that all kids love. (Every kid I have bought for, anyway). Highly recommended. My 2 year old grandson could not stop lifting the cars with the lifting bar (the cars and the lifting bar are magnetized in a foolproof safe manner, BTW), and then rolling the big truck around with the cars stacked on the trailer of the truck. He was just fascinated, and highly engaged with his imagination; exactly what we hope for with toys!! Melissa and Doug make it happen. Very pleased with this purchase, and absolutely recommend to everyone.
on September 6, 2014
We bought this for our grandson who just turned 2. He loves vehicles and I wanted something he could manipulate to do something. He was mesmerized by this toy! As soon as we showed him how it works, he started to play with it saying "Pick it up." He showed no interest in his other gifts for the rest of the party. This one was the biggest hit! It seems sturdy, the colors are bright, and the cars are numbered as well, giving us a chance to talk colors and numbers too. The magnets do a good job picking up the cars and the toy is easily manipulated by little hands. Just right for age 2. Very pleased with this toy!
on July 20, 2017
I have ordered 3 of these. The first for my 18 month old, the second and third for gifts for a 2 and 4 year old. Each kid loves this. They all play with them differently, as their skills and interests change. My 18 month old is most concerned with puchibg it all around. The 2 year old likes to take it all apart and push it around. The 4 year old likes to load and unload it. The magnet is amply strong enough to lift the cars and the arm is easy to move. The wheels are super sturdy, it holds my 18 month old since he thinks it is a ride on toy.
Parents have been impressed by the toy and I was questioned about how I always find the best gifts.
on January 25, 2016
Another great wooden car set from Melissa & Doug... I love how the crane can rotate and mimic a real crane.. My nephew loves his set and keeps him entertained for hours. The set is made of quality wood and painted meticulously.
on July 2, 2014
Great toy. Made well. One of those great toys you can pass on to siblings. It will probably last forever.
on December 7, 2016
I was super excited to get this in the mail I know my son is going to absolutely love it for Christmas it was in great condition and it wasn't a cute little box that will be easy to wrap up I love that it has the magnet to put the cars on the tow truck I'm very happy with this toy
on December 23, 2016
Our grandson (18 months) loves playing with these cars. The magnetic field is a newest "coolest thing I've seen in my whole life!" Although the words are not formed yet, the expressions and focused curiosity speaks for itself. We have purchased many of the Melissa and Doug wooden toys for him (garage, city scape floor mat, geometric shape puzzles etc) and all keep his sense of wonder and curiosity for extended periods. No electronic bells and whistles enables him to use his imagination.
on January 3, 2017
My son plays with this regularly, he first started playing with another one at our church which the toy has held up fine there as well. Magnets are strong enough to lift the cars and not fall of but not so strong that he struggles with it. Nice finish on everything and it's been enjoyable for him.