Hill Climb Racing 2 Check out Santa's new ride Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Cyber Monday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheBigSick TheBigSick TheBigSick  Echo Cyber Monday Deals: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Enthusiast: Cookingon November 23, 2016
We bought this for a neighbor’s 3-year old and he really, really enjoys it! It’s very simple - the carrier and cars are made from single blocks of wood and there very little that can go wrong with them. This really is a modern version of an old-fashioned wooden toy.

The design is well thought out - the cars are simple and brightly painted and there are very few moving parts to break or malfunction. The car crane easily moves around and it’s a simple matter for the child to pick up and release the cars in and out of the carrier. It really is a good way to help a kid develop a little hand-eye coordination and get a start in recognizing numbers and colors.

Overall, a really good wooden toy and will probably be a classic.
on January 25, 2016
Another great wooden car set from Melissa & Doug... I love how the crane can rotate and mimic a real crane.. My nephew loves his set and keeps him entertained for hours. The set is made of quality wood and painted meticulously.
on September 2, 2017
This product did lot live up to expectations. The magnet on the car transporter is not strong enough to actually hold the cars to place them on the flat bed. That combined with the weak car magnets it is a total flop. The magnets need to be stronger and work better for use by a young child. This was very frustrating for my child as the cars were not being held for more than 2 seconds by the lift, not enough time to get them loaded. Not worth your money, wouldn't recommend it unless you are okay with tears. Wish I would have known before buying as Melissa and Doug products are usually of high quality and great for little hands.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 2, 2014
Great toy. Made well. One of those great toys you can pass on to siblings. It will probably last forever.
on December 7, 2016
I was super excited to get this in the mail I know my son is going to absolutely love it for Christmas it was in great condition and it wasn't a cute little box that will be easy to wrap up I love that it has the magnet to put the cars on the tow truck I'm very happy with this toy
on November 7, 2017
I bought this for my grandson along with the race car carrier for his birthday. He loves both the toys and spent hours playing with them both. He enjoys using the crane to load and unload the cars onto the flat bed. It's great the crane uses a magnetic system to lift the cars up instead of a hook of some type which takes time and slows down the enjoyment. This toy should last for years since its made of wood and well crafted.
on December 23, 2016
Our grandson (18 months) loves playing with these cars. The magnetic field is a newest "coolest thing I've seen in my whole life!" Although the words are not formed yet, the expressions and focused curiosity speaks for itself. We have purchased many of the Melissa and Doug wooden toys for him (garage, city scape floor mat, geometric shape puzzles etc) and all keep his sense of wonder and curiosity for extended periods. No electronic bells and whistles enables him to use his imagination.
on September 29, 2017
It's cute and my son likes it. The magnets work well. However, the arm of the truck is extremely weak and easy to break. I ordered a second one after the arm broke because he did like it so much, but it's no better. Certainly not for kids who play rough at all or leave their toys on the ground to be stepped on.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2017
My son plays with this regularly, he first started playing with another one at our church which the toy has held up fine there as well. Magnets are strong enough to lift the cars and not fall of but not so strong that he struggles with it. Nice finish on everything and it's been enjoyable for him.
on August 3, 2016
I love Melissa and Doug products and this one it top notch. My 4 year old loves to load up these magnetic cars. The quality and painting on these cars are great and it doesn't get cuter than this.