Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite uncharted Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 432 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 488 reviews
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 23, 2016
We bought this for a neighbor’s 3-year old and he really, really enjoys it! It’s very simple - the carrier and cars are made from single blocks of wood and there very little that can go wrong with them. This really is a modern version of an old-fashioned wooden toy.

The design is well thought out - the cars are simple and brightly painted and there are very few moving parts to break or malfunction. The car crane easily moves around and it’s a simple matter for the child to pick up and release the cars in and out of the carrier. It really is a good way to help a kid develop a little hand-eye coordination and get a start in recognizing numbers and colors.

Overall, a really good wooden toy and will probably be a classic.
on July 20, 2017
I have ordered 3 of these. The first for my 18 month old, the second and third for gifts for a 2 and 4 year old. Each kid loves this. They all play with them differently, as their skills and interests change. My 18 month old is most concerned with puchibg it all around. The 2 year old likes to take it all apart and push it around. The 4 year old likes to load and unload it. The magnet is amply strong enough to lift the cars and the arm is easy to move. The wheels are super sturdy, it holds my 18 month old since he thinks it is a ride on toy.
Parents have been impressed by the toy and I was questioned about how I always find the best gifts.
on January 25, 2016
Another great wooden car set from Melissa & Doug... I love how the crane can rotate and mimic a real crane.. My nephew loves his set and keeps him entertained for hours. The set is made of quality wood and painted meticulously.
on July 2, 2014
Great toy. Made well. One of those great toys you can pass on to siblings. It will probably last forever.
on December 7, 2016
I was super excited to get this in the mail I know my son is going to absolutely love it for Christmas it was in great condition and it wasn't a cute little box that will be easy to wrap up I love that it has the magnet to put the cars on the tow truck I'm very happy with this toy
on December 23, 2016
Our grandson (18 months) loves playing with these cars. The magnetic field is a newest "coolest thing I've seen in my whole life!" Although the words are not formed yet, the expressions and focused curiosity speaks for itself. We have purchased many of the Melissa and Doug wooden toys for him (garage, city scape floor mat, geometric shape puzzles etc) and all keep his sense of wonder and curiosity for extended periods. No electronic bells and whistles enables him to use his imagination.
on January 3, 2017
My son plays with this regularly, he first started playing with another one at our church which the toy has held up fine there as well. Magnets are strong enough to lift the cars and not fall of but not so strong that he struggles with it. Nice finish on everything and it's been enjoyable for him.
on August 3, 2016
I love Melissa and Doug products and this one it top notch. My 4 year old loves to load up these magnetic cars. The quality and painting on these cars are great and it doesn't get cuter than this.
on February 17, 2017
I ordered this for my two year old nephew. He was pretty spoiled over Christmas break. Got all kinds of electronic toys and what not, but his favorite? This truck right here. It's simple, yet endlessly entertaining. The magnet is quite strong. He's had a blast testing it on other metal objects around the house. I will be buying from this company again!
on October 1, 2016
This product is very sturdy as all Melissa and Doug products are. II love that it teaches science with the magnetics, colors, and counting as even the cars have numbers on them. Great playing and learning tool. I gave this to my nephew who just turned 2 years old but this would be good for ages 2 to 4.