Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Melissa & Doug Magnetic Car Loader
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Size: Licensed Sport Product|Change

on February 20, 2014
My 3 year old son wanted a car carrier so bad and I had seen the other one made my Melissa and Doug and was debating getting it for him. When we were in a store in the mall one day I saw this one and we decided on this one because it has a "crane". It's a hit!!! My son just loves it!! The cars have magnets on the top and the crane picks them up to put them on the carrier. The cars don't fall off when my son transports them on the crane either and the crane can also be moved multiple ways and bend multiple ways. The cars fit perfectly on the carrier and my son can even use his cars from his wooden train set on this toy as well. The back of the carrier can be removed as well and is simple for a child to put back on. The car loader can drive by itself. It is NOT meant to go on the wooden train track it is too big. The size is perfect though as well as the paint work and the wooden quality of the toy just like with any other M&D toys. The car also moves and drives easy which is very nice. It has given my son many hours of fun so far and I'm sure we will have many more hours of fun with it.
on September 6, 2014
We bought this for our grandson who just turned 2. He loves vehicles and I wanted something he could manipulate to do something. He was mesmerized by this toy! As soon as we showed him how it works, he started to play with it saying "Pick it up." He showed no interest in his other gifts for the rest of the party. This one was the biggest hit! It seems sturdy, the colors are bright, and the cars are numbered as well, giving us a chance to talk colors and numbers too. The magnets do a good job picking up the cars and the toy is easily manipulated by little hands. Just right for age 2. Very pleased with this toy!
on May 27, 2014
Excellent toy. My 2 1/2 yr old Grandson loves playing with the magnetic car loader. He likes to be exact / precise when playing with his collection of vehicles. Hand to eye to manual dexterity skills are reinforced.
on March 17, 2014
Brilliant product & my grandson adored it!
Vintage look and no irritating little pieces to get lost. I recommend unreservedly
on January 20, 2016
Looks like an awesome toy with awesome reviews. Ours was poor quality which was overlooked by packers at the distribution center. I'm annoyed. I've attached pictures. Chipping wood, crackling varnish, globs of glue at the seams, dirty wood, cracked cars. Not cool. amazon customer service was accommodating when I called to complain. Just wish their awesome customer service extending down to the distribution center where they should pay attention to what they are packing.
review image review image review image review image review image
on July 2, 2014
Great toy. Made well. One of those great toys you can pass on to siblings. It will probably last forever.
on November 3, 2015
Bought this for a little guy who turned 4. Just so happens that there are 4 cars and they are numbered. He decided he wanted a pic holding the 4 car. He played with this for a long time even with other cars.

For little guys who love cars, this is a great gift. Sometimes the arm is awkward to move but it doesn't hinder the fun at all, just takes some getting used to learning to turn and move it.
on January 25, 2016
Another great wooden car set from Melissa & Doug... I love how the crane can rotate and mimic a real crane.. My nephew loves his set and keeps him entertained for hours. The set is made of quality wood and painted meticulously.
on December 14, 2014
Just got a thank you phone call from my nephew saying my great nephew, who is two years old, just loves this truck and has played with it non-stop since it arrived. The first thing that interested me about this toy was that it was made of wood. It just seems to be more of a classic toy if it is made out of wood. And, the second thing that caused me to purchase this, was that I would like to play with it myself! I think it looks like a lot of fun. And, as a children's librarian, I spend a lot of my life finding ways to teach kids early literacy skills while they think they are just having fun. I like a toy that intentionally adds this type of value to a child's play: colors, numbers, fine motor skill development, and imagination expansion. And, he doesn't even have to know it is happening!
on October 23, 2015
Warning! This is an old-fashioned toy, the kid kids used to be given as a matter of routine. If you don't want a simple toy that will encourage your child to use his/her imagination then avoid it. On the other hand if you wonder what happened to simple toys that didn't require batteries to be fun; that don't have umpteen little parts to get lost; or that are easily broken after five minutes of play, then GET THIS TOY NOW. Seriously, the toy is exactly what you see. Like all the Melissa and Doug toys I've purchased it is sturdy, colorful, and easy to use.

It is also child tested by my grandson who plays with it almost every day.