Melissa & Doug Magnetic Chalk Dry Erase Board
|Price:||$13.59 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Double-sided art board has wooden frame with carry handle
- 36 magnetic numbers and letters
- Includes chalk, dry-erase marker and eraser
- Contains small parts
- 3+ years
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
From the Manufacturer
From the Manufacturer
The right tools for creative expression
In this multifunctional set, one side features a dry-erase board and the other a magnetic chalkboard. Whatever your young artist's creative mood, this portable drawing board has the tools and the space to express it! It comes with three sticks of colored chalk, a dry-erase marker, and an eraser, plus 36 magnetic letters and numbers.
Great for learning on the go
New writers and counters can practice their letters and numbers in multiple ways--first by placing the magnets on the chalkboard, then by tracing or copying them. For more advanced writers, it provides the perfect opportunity to experiment and explore. Try placing the letters of a familiar word (such as 'cat') on the chalkboard all mixed up and asking the child to unscramble them. Then challenge him or her to draw a matching picture on the dry-erase board.
About Melissa & Doug
Melissa & Doug toys are designed to fuel imagination, inspire exploration, and encourage the natural curiosity that leads to a lifetime of learning! From classic wooden toys to creative crafts for every age, Melissa & Doug’s timeless products educate and enrich in a way that’s as natural as playtime itself.
Since their company’s founding in 1988, Melissa and Doug have been committed to making exceptional children’s products, with a focus on hands-on creative play and superior customer service.
With their recognizable red-oval logo, Melissa and Doug put their names on every product they make—a symbol of their commitment to quality, attention to detail, and dedication to improving playtime for families around the world.
This magnetic chalkboard and dry-erase board includes everything young artists and new writers need. They'll love exploring the letter and number magnets on the chalkboard side, and drawing their own mini-masterpieces on the dry-erase side. The whole thing comes in a compact, travel-friendly form with included handle.
- Double-sided magnetic chalkboard and dry-erase board
- 36 magnetic letters and numbers
- Three sticks of colored chalk, a dry-erase marker, and an eraser
Top Customer Reviews
First - the good: It's a chalkboard, a whiteboard, and has magnetic alphabet letters - what more would you want for your 3 or 4 year old? Plenty here to keep your child occupied doing all kinds of different, creative things.
Now, the bad: First, there isn't a place to put the marker and the chalk when not in use. Not too bad if your kiddo is sitting on the kitchen floor, but can be a disaster if he or she is sitting on the carpet. The natural inclination of children is to set everything down (even if the marker top is off - which it usually is). This also becomes a problem if your artist has just drawn a wonderful picture on the whiteboard side and flips it over to draw with chalk on the other side (whiteboard side face down on carpet - you get the picture). Yikes!
Second, the age range mentioned above is for 3 - 6 year olds - which I think is stretching it by a few years. Most 5 and 6 year olds are already in school and aren't satisfied with just playing with the magnetic letters. They are much more interested in making words to show mom and dad, and find it frustrating when they only have one of each letter. The letters also disappear all over the house, showing up on many magnetic surfaces - significantly reducing the ability to make any words at all.
Another note of caution - don't expect to use this in the car. Seems like a great idea, but it is a little large for that, and as there isn't a storage space for the accesssories - they all end up going between the car seats - argh!
I know this review seemed mostly negative which wasn't what I really intended - but I felt parents should be aware of some of the negatives, as well as the positives, before purchasing!
Problem #1: there are only 26 letters, so you can't spell words that have more than one letter (or names, for example "Sara")
Problem #2: the whiteboard marker is bound to be used on placed other than the whiteboard, and of course, it stains.
Problem #3: There is no place to hold the chalk or marker.
I am going with the larger set of letters for the fridge and will use the blackboard part of this for just drawing with chalk.
1. We like the magnetic side. We bought some of the melissa and doug "magnetics in a box" sets to use- our daughter loves to play with the magnetic animals. It's one of her favorite afternoon activities. The magnetic letters that come with it will be used as she gets older.
2. Chalk side- she's had fun with this too. The chalk that comes with it is tiny and breaks so I went and bought some super large, chunky chalk and it is much better. She enjoys coloring, using a wet rag to wipe it off and start over.
3. Size- I like that it is on the smaller side. It's the perfect size to take with us when we go to a restaurant, car ride, etc.
4. We haven't used the dry erase side yet- she is to young for markers.
5. We like the little string that you can use to hang this board up. Our daughter has a child size table and chair set in the kitchen and we hung this chalk board/dry erase board up above the table. She loves to pull it down and play with it while I'm making dinner but it also looks really cute hanging on the wall above her table.
1. Chalk is very skinny, small, cheap, breakable. You almost have to go out and buy some of the larger pieces of chalk to use that are more sturdy.
2. No ledge to put the chalk.
3. The eraser that comes with it is only for the dry erase board. It doesn't work on the chalk side so you also have to go out and buy a little chalk eraser. They aren't expensive but still, it's aggravating to have to go out and get it.
4. It would be nice if there were...
a. more dry erase colors
b. if the dry erase markers were washable.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I liked the product overall
Some flaws I would like to mention:
1) the overall quality was a little less than usual for Melissa and Doug toys (flimsy, glue showing... Read more
Just in time for my grandkids birthday!... I like the alphabet letters best!Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
This product needs to have strong magnets in each corner so that it can adhere to metal doors.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
The chalk side is great. And I love that it is magnetic. But the marker side leaves a little to be desired. The markers don't want to wash or wipe off very well. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Laura
This is a staple for my curriculum with pre-kindergarten students. This brand is pricier than others but worth it. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Supergirl
The chalkboard side was not smooth. It will not erase. I tried using the eraser that came with it. I bought a new eraser. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
Disappointing for Melissa & Doug. The magnets and dry erase board work great, but you cannot get chalk erased from the chalkboard.Published 4 months ago by JG