Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Melissa & Doug Multi-Level Wooden Dollhouse With 19 pcs Furniture
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Sting Shop Outdoor Gift Ideas on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 129 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on July 28, 2012
This is a fun and attractive dollhouse that my kids have loved for two+ years -- so much that they recently pooled their own money to buy a second identical one! I just finished assembling it and thought I'd report back to you while they move into the new neighborhood with their dolls.

In a world of branded, mass-marketed plastic junk, I appreciate this house's all-wooden construction and the calm, realistic, traditional architecture. The interior spaces are spare and make a good canvas for a child's imagination. There's flexibility in arranging the interior staircases, and the plain wooden walls can be left bare or decorated with art or wallpaper, or even painted (I'd advise before assembly). The exterior is cheerful, with an attractive mansard roof, dormers & balconies. The house comes with a full set of chunky wooden furniture that's well-suited for smaller kids. Amazon of course offers an excellent price and rapid shipping.

Assembly is simple and fast. ADVICE: Assembly step #8 asks you to join the corners of the roof using two plastic clips. But the mansard roof contains some complex angles, and if the roof panels do not fit perfectly, then the clips simply do not engage. This leaves you with an unfixed roof that could easily loosen. My first build worked okay, but in today's second build the roof panels were slightly off and the roof clips did not engage.

I solved the problem this way. If in Step 7 you have the slightest problem getting the roof panels to fit perfectly, you will be better off (a) to avoid Step 8 and (b) to modify Step 7. Instead of friction-fitting the pegs in Step 7, I used gel Super Glue to secure the plastic pegs permanently in the holes, and a bead of Titebond at the wood-wood junctions. (Gorilla Glue would also work, but use it carefully.) I just threw away the plastic clips and skipped Step 8 entirely.

My other advice: In steps 1, 3, and 6 keep the hex bolts LOOSE until the panel edges are seated within the grooves. The fit is tight and you'll appreciate being able to wobble the joints to get the edges to pop into the grooves. Once they've popped in, then go ahead and tighten, and the force of the bolts will pull the joint together nicely.

Then welcome to your new house! We've gotten thousands of hours of quality fun from ours.
on January 1, 2012
I purchased this dollhouse for my grand-daughter for Christmas. We attempted to put it together the weekend of Thanksgiving. Everything went well until we got to the first floor. You must attach the floor with four screws, well one of the threads in the floor was not aligned correctly and the screw could not be inserted. I contacted the company and they sent out a new floor. It took a week and a half to ship from NJ to PA. But we were thrilled it got here in time and proceeded to put the doll house together. We unwrapped the floor and there was a rail missing that you need to attach the screws. This was on a Friday and the company was closed...I emailed them as well as Melissa and Doug directly. I have yet to get a response form either. Monday morning I called again and after a lengthy discussion they agreed to send out another first floor. I asked if they could send it overnight and they said that since it was only going to PA that wouldn't be necessary ...yeah, it arrived 2 days before Christmas. Well, that piece was correct and we happily moved to the third floor. Yep 3 of the 4 screw went in OK but the 4th one caught on the thread and just turned, we can't get it in or out. At this point I was so disgusted but I had no choice but to finish it and give this gift as I had not time to purchase anything else. This gift I had so anticipated giving to my grand-daughter ended up being a great disappointment. Seems very cheaply constructed. The balconies appear ready to fall off at any moment, the corners on the roof keep pooping off. I bought this on the reputation of the company.I have to say I will never purchase another item with the Melissa and Doug logo again
on January 11, 2012
I have purchased Melissa & Doug toys many times, but this Multi-level Wooden dollhouse is a piece of manufactured garbage. Two days before my daughters birthday, we put it together, but two screws don't fit (because the threads inside of the adjacent pieces are perpendicular to the correct direction they should be going and the "clips" that fasten the roof together don't even fit and are so cheaply made the roof would probably crash down on my little girl while she played (and she is pretty gentle with her toys). Do not buy this toy, ESPECIALLY for this kind of money. You will be completely disappointed.
on February 25, 2016
Love this. I was hesitant after seeing some negative reviews but our house arrived in perfect condition. It was delivered in the box it comes in with the actual product photos on the outside. So theres no being discreet about whats inside. Everything fit together perfectly. Love that it's kind of half unfinished so you can paint it yourself if you choose. Had one small issue where there was a defect in a floor piece. Holes were on the wrong side. Called the company and they immediately shipped a new floor though. Melissa & Doug have the best quality products and their customer service was prompt and professional.
on April 16, 2015
We love, love, love this house. It is the perfect size for my four year old daughter. The furniture that comes with it is okay, nothing special but it is plain so you can easily paint/decorate it and make it your own. The same with the interior. We got some wallpaper samples from this nice gentleman at the home improvement store and they worked perfectly on the walls. My only complaint is that the top is not really secure so we've glued it on with some old wood glue we had lying around. I'm not sure how that will hold up over time but since it was relatively easy to put together I can forgive that. All-in-all I am very happy with this purchase.
on January 22, 2016
heres the thing, my daughter loves it but the musty smell that it gives off has not quite gone away, at first it was really strong, thought about spraying it with bleach water bt i didnt wan tto mess up the stickers and paint on it. it has been over a year now and her room still smells like musty mildew. No its not anything in the house. When i first recieved the item , the box was damp, not thinking anything of it, i tucked it away for a few weeks and wrapped it for christmas. christmas morning when my daughter opened it i could smell it, couldnt send it back at that point, cause she wanted to put it together and play with it. just hoped that the smell would go away.and it didnt. its too late at this point, Just thought i would let people know that if your is musty smelling, it wont go away, send it back.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2016
This is a perfect dollhouse for a toddler/primary school child. It wasn't that easy to put together, but my husband is handy. He also had to glue certain parts to stabilize it, but it's nice and sturdy. We like that it's wood and not plastic. It looks really nice...
on August 29, 2013
My parents gave this to our 3 year old daughter for her birthday and it's been a huge hit. It went together easily and has withstood lots of rough play. The 2 balconies at the front detach rather easily and her 18 month sister often delights in removing them, but they also go back on very easily too and don't seem any the worse for it.
on December 25, 2015
Perfect toddler dollhouse. Works well with magiclip dolls. Easy and quick to assemble. Favorite Christmas gift for our 2 yr old. Took off a star because one of the 12 bolts wouldn't screw in due to a problem with the milling. We purchase furniture for a children's room separately.
review image review image
on December 31, 2013
I purchased this dollhouse for my 3 1/2 yr old daughter for Christmas 2013. It was the best price I could find and with Prime shipping a no brainer to purchase from Amazon. It went together very easily (took no more than 1/2 hour) and aside from the roof not aligning well (my husband had to actually make the hole for the dowel bigger in order for it to line up) it is pretty solid. Don't try to put any weight on the roof and don't carry it using the roof at all - it will pop right off!

I would plan to have a small table to put in on for play - in order to be able to access all three floors comfortably we put it up on a table that's probably 2 feet off the ground and it works perfect for my kids! Loved by my daughter (and her two brothers!).

**Amazon did not ship this item in another box. So it showed up at my house in the manufactures' original box with the picture of what it was on the outside. Luckily my husband realized while pulling in the driveway and was able to park in a way that my daughter wasn't able to see the box. If this item is intended as a gift you should know that it might not come concealed. **

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.