Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on December 8, 2016
Purchased this for my niece 6 months ago. Loved it at first but they hair has become a mess. Brushing does nothing, conditioning does nothing. Considering shaving the head and gluing a bonnet on so I don't have to deal with the hair anymore.
review imagereview image
7 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on December 2, 2016
You can always count on Melissa and Doug to come through.... It was perfect. My little 2 year old granddaughter loves her sister's American Girl doll... because of the hair. This was perfect for her. She has combed and combed,and pulled the hair, and ponytail holders in and out,of the doll's hair, and the doll still has hair. It is very well made all over.
3 people found this helpful
on January 10, 2012
I bought this doll for my 5.5 year old. She loves being a "mommy" to her babies and playing with her mylittleponys' and barbies' hair, so I wanted a toy that would combine the two. I spend hours searching for the right doll--it was a challenge finding a doll with "just enough" hair that was still a "baby," with hair that would not become too matted/tangled, that was portable, whose eyes closed on laying down (she has blond "hair" eye lashes), and soft enough to hug.

My daughter is very happy with Natalie. Natalie looks cuter in person than online. She does have that baby powder/plastic-y smell but it wasn't as bad as I'd read in reviews and it is not as strong after a few days out of the box. My only complaint is that she is so small; it would be nice if she were closer to 16." If you part her hair you will see her "scalp" (which I knew prior to purchase) but my daughter doesn't care. We are both happy with this doll.
35 people found this helpful
on January 11, 2013
Three weeks before Christmas my daughter- age 6- told me she'd sent a special letter to Santa at school asking for what she *really* wanted for Christmas.

After a lot of roundabout discussion, she wanted a blonde baby doll with pigtails that was smaller than her 18" doll.

The only one I found that came with pigtails was very expensive, but I really liked the look of Natalie. Two days later she arrived on my doorstep, and I promptly opened all the packaging and rearranged her hair into pigtails before wrapping her.

On Christmas morning, she was opened, and my daughter breathlessly announced,

"Mommy! She's exactly what I wanted!! She even smells like a real baby!!"

Three weeks later, Natalie(renamed to Isabel) is played with every day. What really surprised me is the quality. As good as Melissa and Doug is about quality, I still expected the doll's hair to be coarse and frizz easily. Not this doll! The hair is sleek and silky, and brushes very easily with nary a frizz.

This was an excellent purchase, and I recommend this doll to anyone.
6 people found this helpful
on December 26, 2017
My daughter enjoys this doll. We like that her eyes close, she has a lot of hair, she can suck her thumb and the bottles fit in her mouth. We also like that she has a soft bean bag body and can sit up. My only complaints are that the body proportions are odd (the arms are long and legs are short) and the face could be cuter. It's a good value though.
on July 22, 2013
I love the size and soft body of this doll. I did not think it stank, in fact there is a light pleasant scent. I wish the hair was a little longer as I bought it in hopes of deterring my 1 year old from pulling my hair at bed time. She didn't really take to that, but does somewhat enjoy the doll. My oldest was very attached to it for a couple days and I was almost going to get another for her, but being a 4 year old, she quickly moved on to a different obsession. I don't really like the pacifier that comes with this, but that's lost in the car.

Overall, I'm glad that this is the doll I picked out and I'm very pleased with the product I received.
5 people found this helpful
on February 7, 2018
I always love to buy Melissa and Doug toys as they are so good. This was purchased for our local Angel Tree at Christmas. I certainly hope the little girl who got it loves her new doll.
on November 10, 2017
Very disappointed with this doll. False advertising said doll has soft body which is not true. The head,arms, and legs are hard as plastic can be. The advertisement should have said the torso is soft because that is the only soft part of the doll.
One person found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on April 10, 2018
Perfect size doll - her eyes open and close and she uses a pacifier and bottle which makes her a favorite of my 3 year old grand daughter. Very pleased with purchase.
on December 27, 2017
My son, 2 years old, (who loves baby dolls like cabbage patch kids), was totally freaked out by this doll. He said it was scary and smelled funny. I think he had an issue with the eyes.