Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 March Birthstone Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 165 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 175 reviews
on January 10, 2012
I bought this doll for my 5.5 year old. She loves being a "mommy" to her babies and playing with her mylittleponys' and barbies' hair, so I wanted a toy that would combine the two. I spend hours searching for the right doll--it was a challenge finding a doll with "just enough" hair that was still a "baby," with hair that would not become too matted/tangled, that was portable, whose eyes closed on laying down (she has blond "hair" eye lashes), and soft enough to hug.

My daughter is very happy with Natalie. Natalie looks cuter in person than online. She does have that baby powder/plastic-y smell but it wasn't as bad as I'd read in reviews and it is not as strong after a few days out of the box. My only complaint is that she is so small; it would be nice if she were closer to 16." If you part her hair you will see her "scalp" (which I knew prior to purchase) but my daughter doesn't care. We are both happy with this doll.
on July 22, 2013
I love the size and soft body of this doll. I did not think it stank, in fact there is a light pleasant scent. I wish the hair was a little longer as I bought it in hopes of deterring my 1 year old from pulling my hair at bed time. She didn't really take to that, but does somewhat enjoy the doll. My oldest was very attached to it for a couple days and I was almost going to get another for her, but being a 4 year old, she quickly moved on to a different obsession. I don't really like the pacifier that comes with this, but that's lost in the car.

Overall, I'm glad that this is the doll I picked out and I'm very pleased with the product I received.
on January 26, 2014
My second purchase of one of these Melissa & Doug 12 inch dolls. Adorable Sweet doll (though who cut this dolls bangs,lol) My two year old Grand Daughter was in heaven. Her baby dolls are her babies, they go every where with her, sleep with her too. I gave her the brunette last year she name her Sophia, same size as this doll. This one she calls Natalie, priceless in that cute voice she says where is Natilie oh she is sleeping. This year she really enjoys that her
Sweet Little eyes close when she lays down, just like her eyes close too.
Great Job Milissa & Doug another winner! Well except the bangs,lol. 2 year olds could care less about that, after all the doll is for them!
I would Highly Recommend Natalie, she will bring joy to some little Mommy child just waiting for her to Love.
on January 11, 2013
Three weeks before Christmas my daughter- age 6- told me she'd sent a special letter to Santa at school asking for what she *really* wanted for Christmas.

After a lot of roundabout discussion, she wanted a blonde baby doll with pigtails that was smaller than her 18" doll.

The only one I found that came with pigtails was very expensive, but I really liked the look of Natalie. Two days later she arrived on my doorstep, and I promptly opened all the packaging and rearranged her hair into pigtails before wrapping her.

On Christmas morning, she was opened, and my daughter breathlessly announced,

"Mommy! She's exactly what I wanted!! She even smells like a real baby!!"

Three weeks later, Natalie(renamed to Isabel) is played with every day. What really surprised me is the quality. As good as Melissa and Doug is about quality, I still expected the doll's hair to be coarse and frizz easily. Not this doll! The hair is sleek and silky, and brushes very easily with nary a frizz.

This was an excellent purchase, and I recommend this doll to anyone.
on January 21, 2015
I got this as a gift for my for 7 year old niece Christmas and she loves it. I think all girls have a natural need to care for and nurture babies and as soon as we got it out of the box for her, she started to feed the baby doll and make sure she was going to help her open the rest of her presents. I know she love the gift because her mom said she has it with her all of the time. One thing, I recommended to her Mom was when my niece was upset or crying for not getting what she wanted, she could divert her attention to taking care of her baby by asking if her baby is hungry, etc. and it works very well for her.
on December 2, 2016
You can always count on Melissa and Doug to come through.... It was perfect. My little 2 year old granddaughter loves her sister's American Girl doll... because of the hair. This was perfect for her. She has combed and combed,and pulled the hair, and ponytail holders in and out,of the doll's hair, and the doll still has hair. It is very well made all over.
on March 3, 2017
Very good Quality toy
on June 5, 2013
I bought this doll for my grand daughter that just turned 2 years old. Also bought the doll feeding set by Melissa and Doug to go with it. She loves giving the doll a pacifier, putting the doll to bed (the dolls eyes really close) and feeding the doll with all the accessories that came with the feeding set. The dolls hair is meant to be kept in a pony tail, but you can take off the elastic pony tail holder, brush the dolls hair, then put the hair back in a pony tail. Overall I think this was a great purchase, at a great price, and my grand daughter really enjoys it.
on July 17, 2016
We've named her Debbie Dollie..my 14 month old loves her! She likes to try & put her passifier or her thumb in her mouth but hasn't been able to..she likes to bring her Debbie out to the store with her & share the cart! She's nice & soft so she good to cuddle too! It's her good friend 🙂 Only con is her hideous hair cut 😅
on June 12, 2012
The doll is precious, and step daughter (2 yrs old) loves her. We made her a potty and a diaper so that she could practice potty-training with Dolly. This doll really has gotten my step-daughter interested in using the potty herself. She loves that the doll eyes close when she (the kid) lies down to take a nap, and that the doll has real hair that she can comb. We are also trying to wean my step daughter off of her pacifier. Putting the little pacifier into her doll's mouth when she wants one during the day seems to help calm that craving.

Like so many other reviewers, I want to give this doll five stars for being so awesome, but I can't because it is scented. I contacted Melissa and Doug and asked them if they make any unscented dolls, and they don't! I couldn't believe it! The scent doesn't smell like any baby I have ever whiffed. It's cloyingly strong and cheap-smelling; me and my husband really hate it. Dolly then went for a ride in the washing machine on cold against manufacturers instructions, and it made her smell a little better, but I still don't like her near my face.

And yes she came out fine from the washing machine. She needed to have her hair re-styled, but other than than everything was fine. I wouldn't put her in the dryer, though, I think her hair would melt.